Forums Latest Members

The Flightmaster which possibly never was - please don't bother with this one

1. tikkathree Jul 27, 2019

In a recent post https://omegaforums.net/threads/how...be-the-wrong-choice.97713/page-2#post-1285773 I alluded to an attempted Flightmaster purchase through Chronocentric selling forum which had gone wrong.

Now that Paypal have resolved the dispute in my favour I am prepared, for the benefit of others here to identify the selling post http://chronocentric.com/forums/chronotrader/index.cgi?page=1;md=read;id=106376 The listing appears still to be live by the way.

In short I think I did all the right things by way of contact with the seller, arranging for more photos and building up a picture to enable me to "buy the seller": and we arranged the sale and shipping by tracked and signed for postage. What arrived was not the expected watch-containing package which I would have weighed and video'd the process of opening: what I received was a small flat envelope bearing the correct tracking label & barcode, my address details and those of the seller and containing a single folded sheet of A4 paper. Empty box scam? It wasn't even an empty box.

With the benefit of hindsight I will make a huge personal generalisation never again to buy from certain countries and if I have even the slightest reservations or doubts will walk away - that could be slightly easier said than done.

I chalk that one down to experience and have learned from it. I know that insisting on tracked and signed for shipping and paying for it through Paypal Goods and Services is what gave me redress.

Joe_A, Taybharr, Dogmann and 4 others like this.
  2. Civic4982 Jul 27, 2019

Really sorry this occurred to you and at least there was a happy ending.

In case the thread on chronocentrix ever gets wiped and a search engine finds the username 94 email of the scammer “ By:J.G<[email protected]> “

E570DE51-2A7B-4B5D-963D-01C9B5333E3F.jpeg

Etp095 likes this.
  3. tikkathree Jul 27, 2019

Thanks for that. I should add that I found the ad through the Watchrecon search engine.

4. henrikaa Jul 27, 2019

Good thing you had planned for a contingency!

5. tikkathree Jul 27, 2019

I'd much rather this had been an entirely successful transaction then I wouldn't have needed to start again but sometimes things happen for a reason they say.

6. henrikaa Jul 28, 2019

I think that goes for all of us when we enter into a transaction.

7. Dogmann Jul 29, 2019

@tikkathree

Sorry to hear of your experience but shouldn't you also post under the for sale post that it is a scam to protect others and get this seller banned from that site as well as they tend to have a good policy about policing scammers or at least trying to.

Marc

Edited Jul 29, 2019
  8. Taybharr Jul 29, 2019

Glad you were able to get your money back. Guessing this is still listed because it is a successful scam for this individual? Or is PayPal able to recover from the “seller” after the fact? Doesn’t really matter just curious.

9. Wuza72 Jul 29, 2019

Something similar happened to me. I bought a watch and got a registered letter. The seller used the shipment number to prove to Pay Pal that the purchased goods were delivered. Unfortunately the post office lost this shipment, so I couldn't prove it. But at the end I was refunded the minium rate of 50 euro, what should I say about that?

Lessons learned and yes i bought the seller :)