Forums Latest Members
  1. joe band Mar 26, 2020

wear that with bell bottoms!

gorgeous

2. Ness Mar 27, 2020

Could you please clarify a few basis points to someone hoping/dreaming to obtain a Flightmaster one day.

Most Flightmaster's dials have the following text at 6 o'clock: "T Swiss Made T".

Other dials only provide for: "Swiss Made".

I am assuming that the "Swiss Made" dials were produced by Omega after the watch was discontinued, to replace original "T Swiss Made T" dials. Is that correct?

Is the applicable jargon in this situation: "service dial"?

If yes, what is the likely/estimated impact of a "service dial" on the price of a watch?

Thank you.

3. simonsays Mar 27, 2020

The Swiss Made only dials are Luminova service dials. This would impact the value/desirability of the watch considerably.

4. Oysterquartz Mar 27, 2020

Mine from -69 says hi. One of my favourite Omegas. With original 1159 bracelet.

FA647740-3E25-42AA-B493-FAC6EF3E2265.png
    flqt-9000, Yak1, chronoboy64 and 9 others like this.
  5. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Mar 28, 2020

Amazing how the name Flightmaster went to Seiko ...

6. NikoMartinez_SYD Mar 30, 2020

Hi All, long time lurker and reader, however i've only created an account recently and this is my first post ! I love flightmasters and have been delighted by this thread.

Couple of questions, I am trying to ascertain the current 'market value' of a view of my pieces... not because they are for sale, more out of curiosity and for insurance purposes.

Generally speaking, what would you say a full set 910, 911 and Big Blue go for these days? Only looking for an estimate or range; eg: 2500 to 3500 USD.

ps. I am an aussie in Sydney. Cheers :)

7. XinuniX Apr 2, 2020

Man, I wish they made this with a not so big casing. The rest is superb but I can not get used to the height and length of the lug area.

Oysterquartz likes this.
  8. gefmey Apr 2, 2020

Because of the lug placement and the slight curve of the case, they wear much smaller than they look. I find them incredibly comfortable. I have average wrist size about 7.25"

Riadhk and Oysterquartz like this.
  9. XinuniX Apr 2, 2020

Thanks. Good to know, I have the same wrist size. Maybe I have to put one on my wrist first to be able to grasp it. had the same issue with the oval dynamic. On pictures I thought hmmm but when I got one from a friend I was in love. What a nice wearing piece.

10. Riadhk Apr 2, 2020

The 910 (Green sub-dial) is not as big as it looks in photos and doesn't wear high compared to modern automatic movements.

11. XinuniX Apr 2, 2020

Maybe I am a bit quick to judge, sadly nobody in my area who has one I can fit on. Maybe some day

12. joe band Apr 3, 2020

hi niko m,

it's hard to value something without photos, but off hand your pieces would be valued at the higher end of your estimate, the big blue could be the most valuable. ...and full kit (box and papers would generally add to value, especially to well preserved pieces. condition, condition, condition.

13. detsen Apr 3, 2020

Oysterquartz likes this.
  14. esperando Apr 3, 2020

is there a more beautiful combination of colours and geometries ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

detsen and Emeister like this.
  15. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Apr 3, 2020

16. gefmey Apr 3, 2020

esperando likes this.
  17. detsen Apr 4, 2020

The great details and the colours. Absolutely gorgeous!
    Great to see such watches here in the forum.

esperando likes this.
  18. joe band Apr 17, 2020

This well worn 910 has been on the bay for a long time. no movement pics, or #, no caseback pic, few pics of the pushers or case brushing, and wrong bracelet... but it looks original. as the seller states they are 30+ yrs in the business, not having better pics and info seems like a purposeful oversight and price is probably 25% too high... thoughts?
    s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600 (4).jpg

19. tyrantlizardrex Apr 21, 2020

Just popping this here for reference at @Emeister suggestion from another thread.

There was some discussion about what the plane on the caseback is... so:

The DC8 Super 61 doesn't have a pilon on the leading edge of the tail... which you can see on crisp case backs, and is present on the Boeing 707.

Image below from https://www.blackbough.co.uk/

omega-flightmaster-ref-145-036-steel-vintage-chronograph-circa-1973-wxofm1-v05-1280x1280.jpeg

Which has led me down a rabbit hole for the last 15 minutes. ::facepalm1::

It looks like every piece written about the flightmaster post 2001 (including Monochrome, Worn & Wound, and Hodinkee) uses Chuck's piece as reference - http://chronomaddox.com/flightmasterarticle.html

And whereas he's saying "to his eye" everyone else is just stating it as fact.

Which is a bit naughty really.

Looking at the two aircraft side by side, it looks to my eye (again all opinion here :) ), like Omega used a bit of creative license to make a "jet age" aircraft, that wouldn't need a licensing agreement - it's got the tail of the 707, the body of the DC8 61 Super, and the nose of something else entirely! :D

707_dc8.png

So that was a fun diversion into old passenger jets ::facepalm1::

20. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 21, 2020

@tyrantlizardrex your right :thumbsup: its actually not any jet it was a registered Omega Logo.

There was something several years ago somewhere about the issues with having to drop the flightmaster name due to trademark. But the Logo was OK.
    Was someone talking about why they don’t make a reissue
    ( too busy for that rabbit hole search )

MTROIS and tyrantlizardrex like this.