The C-Cased Constellation Thread

Okay team, I've seen what I think are called "florentine" finishes on Rolex watches, but never on an Omega, and certainly not on a c-case. What do you all make of this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234774747233

s-l1600.jpg
Not a Constellation though, and it only pertains to the bezel, but this is the closest I've seen I guess:

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
A historic piece, I think you'll find this one interesting @Peemacgee

Crystal and seconds hand are both oddities though, extremely large logo on crystal, 70s pivoted seconds hand - probably serviced after the 70s, received an improved seconds

Lugs are definitely wider than usual

I used to really want a "SWISS" dial. Maybe a US market watch

Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 22.44.39.png Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 22.44.49.png Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 22.44.56.png

A historic piece, I think you'll find this one interesting @Peemacgee

Crystal and seconds hand are both oddities though, extremely large logo on crystal, 70s pivoted seconds hand - probably serviced after the 70s, received an improved seconds

Lugs are definitely wider than usual

I used to really want a "SWISS" dial. Maybe a US market watch

Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 22.44.39.png Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 22.44.49.png Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 22.44.56.png

The 17,21xxxx movt number is very early (for any 561) and significantly easier than the other examples.

its led a hard life with signs of water ingress at some point in its life, the crown wheel core has been polished leading me to suspect it rusted at some point and the barrel bridge looks like it might have been replaced.

that said, that someone has taken the care to service it after that kind of damage is in many ways a good sign.

does it run alright?

the lugs being wider reminds me a bit of the much later f300 c-case models

Not a Constellation though, and it only pertains to the bezel, but this is the closest I've seen I guess:

American market L6300, rose, white and yellow 14K gf case, ca 1966.

Just stumbled onto this watch (for me), and a good reminder not to trust anyone and to not believe Instagram photos

Redialed(?) By Bill & Sons Ltd. in UK - Bizarre as it's not possible to tell it's redialed from the blurry photos, but at the same time bizarre again as the lume job is so blotchy - for this reason it's a reminder to not trust people like these, they show the best, yet deliver the worst

Meanwhile their Instagram photos: https://www.instagram.com/billandsonsltd/

As far as it comes to the restoration, I suspect the path taken was to go down to the original enamel layer, leave it untouched, then stamp the fonts, the tell is the missing T's in this case - otherwise, from the thumbnail, they nailed the look 1:1, and I believe it's because the red part is left as original, otherwise it's an unbalanced job, being able to perfectly do one thing, yet failing another simpler thing so miserably

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 22.31.05.png Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 22.31.50.png Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 22.32.36.png

Just stumbled onto this watch (for me), and a good reminder not to trust anyone and to not believe Instagram photos

Redialed(?) By Bill & Sons Ltd. in UK - Bizarre as it's not possible to tell it's redialed from the blurry photos, but at the same time bizarre again as the lume job is so blotchy - for this reason it's a reminder to not trust people like these, they show the best, yet deliver the worst

Meanwhile their Instagram photos: https://www.instagram.com/billandsonsltd/

As far as it comes to the restoration, I suspect the path taken was to go down to the original enamel layer, leave it untouched, then stamp the fonts, the tell is the missing T's in this case - otherwise, from the thumbnail, they nailed the look 1:1, and I believe it's because the red part is left as original, otherwise it's an unbalanced job, being able to perfectly do one thing, yet failing another simpler thing so miserably

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 22.31.05.png Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 22.31.50.png Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 22.32.36.png

curious question, from my knowledge, the "M" font in the word CHRONOMETER always has the same "M" style in the word AUTOMATIC, this case the M for both are not the same, I always look at this as redialed but I have seen some watches with this descrepancy, My question is, it it always the case that it should be the same "M" or are there really versions like this one you posted wherein the "M" letters are not the same?

curious question, from my knowledge, the "M" font in the word CHRONOMETER always has the same "M" style in the word AUTOMATIC, this case the M for both are not the same, I always look at this as redialed but I have seen some watches with this descrepancy, My question is, it it always the case that it should be the same "M" or are there really versions like this one you posted wherein the "M" letters are not the same?

That's a good tell, but a very quick look at some C-Case's - some have both wide M's, some have wide M at top, narrow M at the middle - in general C-Case's are there to break every rule - but on the bright side, I've never seen a convincing redial yet

I'm pretty sure if we had a chance to take a closer look at this above watch, there would be a lot more obvious tells, like the missing dot over the "i" of "Constellation" etc. - yet in a blurred form, I was surprised how this redial wasn't immediately obvious

As a side note the bezel is missing as well, but not that big of an issue compared to the dial

And who is aware of our ladies watches?
Me! And I wear them ocasionally.
Here my C-cased 18k Omega ladies watches, ref 568.001 and 568.011 with cal 682.
Konrad

Omega 568.001 GG 568.011 GG Hose 24.jpg

And who is aware of our ladies watches?
Me! And I wear them ocasionally.
Here my C-cased 18k Omega ladies watches, ref 568.001 and 568.011 with cal 682.
Konrad
How do you get the bracelets to fit your wrist? Serious question.

I got the missus one and for giggles sized it for my wrist first when i was adjusting the bracelet

- The bracelet of the 568.001 is long enough.
- For the 568.011 I had to use a wire for the photo.
- For the 568.014 I used 3 elements of extension.
And see the comparison with the men's version.
Ok, normally I wear my comfortable men's Omega Constellations, and I have many very nice, so to choose is difficult every week!
Konrad

Omega 568.011 (3).jpg Omega 568.001 (1).jpg Omega 568.011 (2).jpg

Omega 568.014 b.jpg Omega 658.001 a.jpg
Edited:

@kfranzk I really enjoy your posts

However I think they are sometimes a bit traumatic for you, OF is very much like that, when I first started I didn't post anything as I was always traumatised when I learned what is majorly wrong, in this case, if one of those watches indeed has a 568.014 model number, it might be a wrong caseback

Hallo Kaplan, nothing traumatic...
You are right above I showed 568.(0)001 and 568.(0)011!
Here is as well the 568.(0)014!
Konrad

Omega 568.014 caseback.jpg Omega 568.011 caseback.jpg

Hi all. I've recently inherited my father's watch that had been boxed and unused since 1979. Looking at some of the watches above it looks similar. I'm curious as to what it is and learn a bit more about it. I have all the paperwork and the original box. The guarantee says it's 18k solid gold and has a number of BA 168.019. It had a gold bracelet that wasn't Omega on it, which I have replaced with a leather strap so I could wear it. I've attached a photo, I wasn't sure whether I should show the original certificate. Any help would be appreciated. Regards Guy

Beautiful watch, it's a 751 cal.

Bezel has been refinished but looks good, I feel like I saw this watch before, but it's probably because of the bezel

Dial has OM - which indicates it's a solid gold dial as well

Thank you. 751 cal is that something to do with the movement? It has a movement number 2804xxxx
Edited: