The C-Cased Constellation Thread

Just over three years since I joined OF asking about this delicate flower as my first (and only watch). Several expensive tool-watches later and it still gives me a lot of joy:

20210430_095407.jpg

Aww, looks great, is it the 19mm JB Hirsch one from eBay?

Aww, looks great, is it the 19mm JB Hirsch one from eBay?
Thanks, it's actually a 19mm lizard band from a company called "Strapped For Time". Seems good quality for the price.

Phew, you're probably the leader now 😁

Really? Can`t believe cause there are other very beautifull C in this thread!
Edited:

Rare to see gold ones tho, and as pristine as yours

This is the newest addition to my arsenal - a sub $600 one if you can believe it - might be my best 168.029 yet - sad that I won't be able to see it face to face until 17th of May when the lockdown is over, my brother sent me the photo

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-30 at 15.24.35.jpeg

Is this dial structured or flat?
The watch looks greate!
I`m looking for a Conni like mine in silver coloured to but they`re seem to be rare birds.

Forget to mention that she is fresh from Omega service in Biehl and they made an amazing job!

Same dial as yours, I call them meteorite, but the correct term is I guess linen, they are pretty common too, slightly rarer when you add the gold bezel, but if you just want the dial and don't care about the fluted bezel, super common

Similarly I'm looking for a pure gold one, just a single pure gold one I need for my collection, and I'll probably choose the same model as yours, no lume, but maybe day/date - definitely a fluted bezel, there are also thinner fluted ones - however hard to find good ones, the market seems to be around $2k - rare to see below, common above, yet if you are looking for a specific model, it's harder - I like the "OM SWISS MADE OM" ones like yours

Nice watches Sirtaifun. A solid gold 168 is on my grail list. Kaplan, I've also heard these dials referred to as "silky guilloche". Sounds classy!

Do you know how many different colours of dials were produced? I've seen reference to a green one, but very few pictures online, and there's one on Ebay - don't know if it's a genuine dial and beyond my budget anyway.
I'm not asking for an evaluation of this one or I'd try to get better pictures - just curious as to know what's out there.
A coloured dial seems very applicable to the times - late 60s, early 70s, when even Omega was getting a bit psychedelic!

Yeah it`s a pity that it is a redial this green is so amazing!
They forget the T at Swiss Made while redialing 😗

Here was an interesting thread about a green one. The balance of opinion was that it was very unusual but probably genuine:
https://omegaforums.net/threads/thoughts-on-this-green-dial-c-shape-constellation.116994/
I think I've seen an oxblood one online too.
The key with both seems to be that there's a pronounced two-tone to the colouration - unlike the green redial I posted above.
I think I've discovered a new area of interest if the black pie-pan never works out...!

Here was an interesting thread about a green one. The balance of opinion was that it was very unusual but probably genuine:
https://omegaforums.net/threads/thoughts-on-this-green-dial-c-shape-constellation.116994/
I think I've seen an oxblood one online too.
The key with both seems to be that there's a pronounced two-tone to the colouration - unlike the green redial I posted above.
I think I've discovered a new area of interest if the black pie-pan never works out...!

from AJTT
there’s also a ‘taupe’ coloured variation.
5FC6954C-0BA0-4C1C-9268-15042A2173B5.jpeg