Tell me you’re a watch enthusiast without telling me you’re a watch enthusiast…

Posts
6,472
Likes
22,003
The rain stopped and the clouds broke so I decided it was a good time to squeeze in a walk with the dog. I grabbed my ear buds and turned on some watch podcasts then headed out with the dog.

About ten minutes in I thought I should check the time to see how far we'd walk. It hit me then that I didn't have a watch on. Oh, crap, I thought, now I can't tell what time it is.

It hadn't occurred to me to use the phone to check the time since I always use my watch.
 
Posts
714
Likes
2,763
My wife has lost track of my collection. Whenever I wear a piece that's not part of my regular rotation, I get a passive-aggressive and scowling "you bought ANOTHER watch!"
 
Posts
4,497
Likes
11,001
My wife has lost track of my collection. Whenever I wear a piece that's not part of my regular rotation, I get a passive-aggressive and scowling "you bought ANOTHER watch!"
Turn the tables on her and say: "I've had this forever"
This is what my wife says to me every time I see a purse I don't recognize 😉
 
Posts
714
Likes
2,763
Turn the tables on her and say: "I've had this forever"
This is what my wife says to me every time I see a purse I don't recognize 😉
That's what I say every time. Half of the time it's true but she still doesn't believe me
 
Posts
1,465
Likes
6,665
My motto is: If you aren't going to be on time, be early.
 
Posts
6,472
Likes
22,003
1. I use Time.gov to set my watch
2. I get excited when the seconds hand on my non- hacking watch is close to the seconds on Time.gov before I set the time.
3. I adjust the hours and minutes to match Time.gov and then wait to start winding my watch to try to match the seconds on Time.gov.
4. I'm old and often can't even read the minute hand.
 
Posts
1,000
Likes
1,815
4. I'm old and often can't even read the minute hand.
It's time to start selling the aftermarket whole-crystal cyclops. 🧐
That's where the future of the watch industry is. 😂
 
Posts
2,625
Likes
5,860
Amazing reading!

Went through 8 pages and I laughed the whole time.
👍👍👍
 
Posts
432
Likes
1,044
1. I use Time.gov to set my watch
2. I get excited when the seconds hand on my non- hacking watch is close to the seconds on Time.gov before I set the time.
3. I adjust the hours and minutes to match Time.gov and then wait to start winding my watch to try to match the seconds on Time.gov.
4. I'm old and often can't even read the minute hand.
Love this. I also use time.gov to set my watch. I will also make note of when I set the watch to check back in a day or two to get an idea how well it's keeping time. I don't have a fancy timegrapher.
 
Posts
338
Likes
1,029
Someone recently asked me how many watches I owned, and my honest response was "I am not sure"
 
Posts
4,497
Likes
11,001
Someone recently asked me how many watches I owned, and my honest response was "I am not sure"
Profiling you. Be careful 😉
 
Posts
24,799
Likes
55,081
Someone recently asked me how many watches I owned, and my honest response was "I am not sure"
Yep.
 
Posts
3,451
Likes
35,209
I returned this t-shirt because there is a spelling error on the tag.

 
Posts
6,472
Likes
22,003
I returned this t-shirt because there is a spelling error on the tag.

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, Ohhhhhhh. 😂
 
Posts
676
Likes
4,344
Years ago I bought from Japan as my work daily wearer a Credor quartz watch, which should be accurate to +10 seconds per year in theory, but I was a bit annoyed as it went +1 second per month, per Time.gov.
So I set it to 2 seconds behind on November DST day, and it was 2 seconds fast by March DST day, and hence at any time during that time I was never wrong more than 2 seconds !
And I set it to 4 seconds behind on March DST day, and it was 4 seconds fast by November DST day, and hence at any time during that time I was never wrong more than 4 seconds ::facepalm1::