Stolen watch: omega seamaster 166.024

That really sucks. That was such a a beautiful watch too. That's always the nightmare situation when shipping watches.

Please keep us updated.

Do check the weight on both shipments, it should be part of the tracking. @Redondo444 is a genius for suggesting it. I totally forgot about this.

On a side note, is the website ups down or is it only me ?
It won't open in any browser and when I click the link, it starts a download ::confused2::

That's a shame, but it's not likely a random hit within the UPS system, there isn't time for somebody to carefully open a shipment like this, steal the item, and then expertly reseal it. Someone knew what was in the parcel and acted accordingly. As far as insurance goes, they are always willing to take your money and tell you you have coverage, but when an event occurs there are suddenly all kinds of stipulations.

Very peculiar indeed that it arrived as just an empty box, shipment not missing entirely.
It's not so unusual. I have sent fountain pens that did not make it, but the boxes and packaging did.
Its scummy behavior for sure.

I don’t think there has been a thread here in a long time that caused me to chug my martini the way this did. I’m so sorry this happened to you.

So very sorry for your loss of this beautiful Seamaster. Hope that it shows up somewhere and you are able to recover this watch.

Thank you.

I was using secursus and directly asked them if shipping for repair was included in the policy and the answer was no.
I will try to get ParcelPro.

Take a look at the policy as opposed to relying on the word of the Secursus representative. It only seems logical that you would be insured against loss in shipping regardless of whether it was shipped for purpose of sale or repair. You may even consider filing a claim to start the process. If they deny coverage, you should at least get back the premium you paid which was likely not an insignificant amount. That would be a small consolation, but at least it would be something.

Take a look at the policy as opposed to relying on the word of the Secursus representative. It only seems logical that you would be insured against loss in shipping regardless of whether it was shipped for purpose of sale or repair. You may even consider filing a claim to start the process. If they deny coverage, you should at least get back the premium you paid which was likely not an insignificant amount. That would be a small consolation, but at least it would be something.
Secursus has been discussed here before:
https://omegaforums.net/threads/anyone-ever-had-a-successful-claim-with-secursus.121761/

I contacted them quite a while ago. Here is the email I got :
IMG_0618.jpeg

It translates :
“Hello,

Unfortunately, our insurance policy only covers goods that are the subject of a commercial transaction (purchase/sale).
We cannot cover items sent for repair.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any further information.

Yours faithfully”

Maybe their policy has changed since then but I didn’t check.

I didn’t use their services since then so there is no use in contacting them.

I contacted them quite a while ago. Here is the email I got :
IMG_0618.jpeg

It translates :
“Hello,

Unfortunately, our insurance policy only covers goods that are the subject of a commercial transaction (purchase/sale).
We cannot cover items sent for repair.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any further information.

Yours faithfully”

Maybe their policy has changed since then but I didn’t check.

I didn’t use their services since then so there is no use in contacting them.
Somehow, this sounds like a worse F.U. in French than English. Is sending out for repair not a commercial transaction? I second filing a claim anyway.

Again, I would review the actual policy. I tend to agree with Larry S that repair is a commercial transaction. Did the representative add the parenthetical "(purchase/sale)"? It is not the representatives role to interpret the meaning of what is or is not a "commercial transaction."

This insurance works by the shipment. You pay a percentage of the value and your package is insured.
I didn’t use it assuming that it wouldn’t apply to my case anyways. The package was not under their insurance program.

I see. Beautiful watch and unusual circumstances. I am sorry for your loss.

Never put inside the box, or someone knew what to expect from that sending address, it Totally Suks to get robbed !

Good advice to check with UPS about the weigth of the box during its travels, at every point it is noted so that could give more info.

Is it possible it never made it into the box? Im not suggesting any intent, but thats a complex packing system. My watch repair guy has watches all.over the place, anychance its just sitting in the workshop, overlooked? Ocums razor, its never made it into the first box. Maybe wishful thinking, but id ask him to take a look around again

R

As others have stated here, the words in your policy are everything. I would read the policy carefully to see what is and isn’t covered. If it is in fact limited to “commercial transactions”, I would check how that term is defined in the policy as it seems quite broad and there may be an argument that a repair could be classified as such.

As others have stated here, the words in your policy are everything. I would read the policy carefully to see what is and isn’t covered. If it is in fact limited to “commercial transactions”, I would check how that term is defined in the policy as it seems quite broad and there may be an argument that a repair could be classified as such.
I believe that the OP has already explained that Secursus operates on a per TRANSACTION basis and the OP chose not to obtain insurance on this particular shipment. So it really doesn’t matter what the Secursus policy says as it applies to this transaction because no insurance was purchased.

Is it possible it never made it into the box? Im not suggesting any intent, but thats a complex packing system. My watch repair guy has watches all.over the place, anychance its just sitting in the workshop, overlooked? Ocums razor, its never made it into the first box. Maybe wishful thinking, but id ask him to take a look around again

R
This was my first thought. I asked him if he misplaced the watch or mixed it with another package. He affirmed me that he was very meticulous and deals with these procedures regularly.