Snoopy - just got a call - do I or don't I?

Thank you all. Really appreciate the answers and to me the variance in them sums up my dilemma. @pdxleaf has nailed it for me - I need to get into the OB early next week (they’re prepared to hold it for a week or two for me) and try it on. Sounds silly but made me realise I’ve never actually seen a Snoopy in the flesh. Always liked it from everything I’ve seen online but since originally finding it and getting excited, my head has also been turned by things such as the 321, hence me now double thinking how I feel about the Snoopy. Reality is that I’m being stupid trying to make any decision without spending some quality time with it in person and seeing how I feel when it’s on the wrist. Time to mull further over the weekend and I’ll report back when I’ve been into the OB.

Again, thanks for all the opinions. Really helpful.

Yes, definitely see it in person first. I think it looks much better in person than in photos with how the dial shines. Even if you love it the day you see it the novelty will eventually wear off as I doubt most people have the same feeling for material possessions as the day they acquired it (imo). If you purchase it and end up not loving it as much and sell it, at least your purchase history with the OB went up, you'll get your money back, and someone else will enjoy it (especially if you sell to someone on OF). I love my Snoopy and will keep it forever like the rest of my collection...I never sell. :)

This thread urgently needs a picture or two. Like the OP, I wasn’t convinced based on the Omega imagery. On the wrist, though, it is quite convincing. :)

IMG_4253.jpeg And a bit of an enigma too. IMG_8270.jpeg

@OP; I wish you lots of wisdom. ;)

My wife will shoot me down if I buy a watch with a painted dog on the dial for 10K. At the very least, she'll send me to a cozy madhouse.
Maybe she'll relax once she knows you can resell it immediately with high profits.

Chances are high, once you will try it on that you will keep it. Love mine, have a variety of straps, including the metal bracelet of the current 3861, but looks also incredible good on a leather strap.

IMG_5176.jpeg

Thank you all. Really appreciate the answers and to me the variance in them sums up my dilemma. @pdxleaf has nailed it for me - I need to get into the OB early next week (they’re prepared to hold it for a week or two for me) and try it on. Sounds silly but made me realise I’ve never actually seen a Snoopy in the flesh. Always liked it from everything I’ve seen online but since originally finding it and getting excited, my head has also been turned by things such as the 321, hence me now double thinking how I feel about the Snoopy. Reality is that I’m being stupid trying to make any decision without spending some quality time with it in person and seeing how I feel when it’s on the wrist. Time to mull further over the weekend and I’ll report back when I’ve been into the OB.

Again, thanks for all the opinions. Really helpful.
Sounds like you’re about to buy yourself a Snoopy 😁

If the Snoopy didn’t have a resale for more then retail, would you still be asking this question? If the answer is no, then pass on it.

I remember when I passed on the opportunity to purchase the 45th Snoopy from my local OB.

I wont make that mistake again.

Adopt a Beagle next week for you. We are not on this planet for a long time and perhaps our watches will be in some young bucks collection fifty years from now when we are no longer. If you can afford it and like it then take it.
IMG_7686.jpeg

If you purchase it and end up not loving it as much and sell it, at least your purchase history with the OB went up, you'll get your money back, and someone else will enjoy it (especially if you sell to someone on OF).

If my AD found out I flipped a highly sought after piece for profit it's probably the last time I would have one offered to me.

Loving all the varied replies. Thank you all. Isn’t it great that we range from definitely just buy it to definitely don’t if I don’t absolutely love it. Taking the weekend to ponder and will try the watch on early next week. I definitely have to guard myself against impulse in the moment, which I’m definitely capable of!

Meantime am enjoying my 321 whilst dropping youngest at uni for his first year.

IMG_2462.jpeg

Oh and just to be super clear, there’s no way I’m buying it just to flip it for a quick profit. Not in that game ever.

If my AD found out I flipped a highly sought after piece for profit it's probably the last time I would have one offered to me.

Which is why I said to sell to an OF member at the price they originally paid. That way if/when the watch shows back up to Omega with a different owner, the original owner can show they didn't flip it for a profit with documentation of it. Sold for what they paid to a fellow enthusiast on OFs. I'm not saying the OP should buy it because they can flip it for profit. I specifically gave a scenario they sell it here at cost to a fellow member.

Oh and just to be super clear, there’s no way I’m buying it just to flip it for a quick profit. Not in that game ever.
Screw anyone else's opinion. I sold a lot of stuff to pay for my kid's education, including a 1988 Porsche 911 Targa and a vacation house and a couple nice watches. Family first. Congrats on getting the last one off to university!

I had a similar dilemma recently except I got the call only 2 weeks after purchasing another watch and was only given 2 days to decide.
Rang back the OB a few minutes after getting the green light from the better half and have been enjoying it immensely in a 2 watch rotation honeymoon phase.
I have the blue CK2998 which I was thinking to get rid of but I find that they wear differently so will be keeping it for now and use that for more formal occasions.
As long as you enjoy Speedmasters and have the funds it shouldn’t overlap too much with what you describe you have.
IMG_2498.jpeg

Want Snoopy…Get a Marlin…Seems like you are feeling pressured to lay out a significant sun for something you don’t really want because this is now how the watch industry works. IMG_5073.jpeg

Based on my reading of this thread, everyone just lost interest in you.

Based on my reading of this thread, everyone just lost interest in you.
lol - I said I wouldn’t flip it for a quick profit. I didn’t yet say that I wouldn’t consider selling it onto someone in OF if I decided it wasn’t for me. This said, I still have around 60 posts to go so can’t go selling anything here just yet anyway….

Want Snoopy…Get a Marlin…Seems like you are feeling pressured to lay out a significant sun for something you don’t really want because this is now how the watch industry works. IMG_5073.jpeg
No pressure felt, and I might have missed my Marlin from my watch list. I have the Snoopy Easy rider version 😎

lol - I said I wouldn’t flip it for a quick profit. I didn’t yet say that I wouldn’t consider selling it onto someone in OF if I decided it wasn’t for me. This said, I still have around 60 posts to go so can’t go selling anything here just yet anyway….
That's just for listings in the private sales section. Obviously you can do anything you want in response to all the PMs you're getting, if someone is foolish enough to send cash to a totally unknown quantity.