Seamaster

Hello everyone! I’m hoping for some help and information on this hobnail Seamaster dial and case.

From my research it seems like most of the hobnail dials were made in the 50s and had a coat hanger “s”. Could this style be correct?

The tip of the second hand looks broken.

The seller doesn’t have any pictures of the movement or inside the case back. So I am not sure what case reference this is but the back of the case doesn’t seem to have Seamaster or waterproof on it. The dial is marked Swiss. Could this possibly be a USA made case?

Sellers pictures

View attachment 1724034 View attachment 1724035 View attachment 1724036 View attachment 1724037
Edited:

Dial too clean
Text too bold
Case too polished
Sweep too broken.

pass.

I agree that it’s a redial with that Seamaster text. Even if it’s a redial, hobnail dials are quite rare so it’s still a nice daily wearer. Most folks won’t know the difference. I don’t think that you did badly for $400.
Edited:

Nice dial! But yeah, what gives it away for me is that the text is too bolded. That movement probably needs an urgent service. A cool pick for a daily!

No chance this is a service dial I’m afraid, a redial indeed. I also don’t quite agree with the assessment that the words were applied straight: the Seamaster writing seems higher on the right than on the left.

The movement isn’t just dirty, but especially on the wheels it does look like corrosion.

Buckle isn’t Omega by the way, just a well-known counterfeit item.

I cross my fingers for you the movement will last for a while / might even be salvageable with a good service. As stated above, wear the watch and nobody will notice it’s a redial.
Good hobnails are not easy to find indeed.

I appreciate everyone’s input. I wouldn’t have looked twice if it wasn’t a hobnail dial. My hunt for an original hobnail continues but this will suffice for the meantime.

Good luck! Let us know if you find one. :)

No chance this is a service dial I’m afraid, a redial indeed. I also don’t quite agree with the assessment that the words were applied straight: the Seamaster writing seems higher on the right than on the left.

The movement isn’t just dirty, but especially on the wheels it does look like corrosion.

Buckle isn’t Omega by the way, just a well-known counterfeit item.

I cross my fingers for you the movement will last for a while / might even be salvageable with a good service. As stated above, wear the watch and nobody will notice it’s a redial.
Good hobnails are not easy to find indeed.

I believe that the you can easily find the good hobnail if you contact @MtV :eek:, he is the master of the hobnail.