Recommended Vintage OMEGA WATCHES (only) On EBAY (NOT for Inquiries)

Hey everyone! I am brand new in the vintage watch community and I’ve been trying to educate myself as much as possible before making a purchase. I recently found this forum and it has helped me tremendously so I want to thank everyone for the useful info! I came across this seamaster on eBay (ref. 14701 1 sc) and am having some speculation about the 12,6, and 9 hour markers. When I look up the reference # none of them have the elongated markers so I’m thinking they have been replaced. From what little knowledge I have everything else looks original but I could be wrong. Any advice helps. Thanks in advance.

the dial is OK, the elongated markers are part of the design - not uncommon...

Hey everyone! I am brand new in the vintage watch community and I’ve been trying to educate myself as much as possible before making a purchase. I recently found this forum and it has helped me tremendously so I want to thank everyone for the useful info! I came across this seamaster on eBay (ref. 14701 1 sc) and am having some speculation about the 12,6, and 9 hour markers. When I look up the reference # none of them have the elongated markers so I’m thinking they have been replaced. From what little knowledge I have everything else looks original but I could be wrong. Any advice helps. Thanks in advance.

My goodness......tried a much more abstract 'enquiry' myself a little while ago and, not impolitely, got shot down in flames. Fully understand the rule, but double-standards or an absence of consistency? Or have the gatekeepers not had a chance to respond as yet? :whipped:😀
Looks like an interesting proposition though.

My bad everyone! New to this whole forum thing like I said and posted this in the wrong thread!

Minute hand doesn't look good...

upload_2021-10-8_13-4-22.png

Now that I zoom in it may not be perfectly straight, is that what you mean?

Now that I zoom in it may not be perfectly straight, is that what you mean?

Yes, IMO it's bent and all the lume is gone

At that price, there's plenty of budget left to buy a new one though 😀

I get pulled away yesterday and miss this watch selling for next to nothing and a great Speedmaster for sale on the forums... Rough day.
I know man half the time with these Geneves I feel like throwing a bid around 300 at them but I’ve got like a dozen of them and it’s just hoarding until someone needs a birthday present or something and wants a good watch around 500 serviced. It’s literally quartz Seiko money for a real Omega with one of the best vintage movements.

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
At that price, there's plenty of budget left to buy a new one though 😀

Not quite as easy as you think....I've been looking for a hand set since this happened to me two months ago on the day of purchase 😵‍💫

20210723_134912.jpg