Recommended Vintage OMEGA WATCHES (only) On EBAY (NOT for Inquiries)

Wonderful chrono on insta:
Ch.JPG

Not ebay (delete if not allowed), but an auction (with 15% premium) for an Omega Speedmaster Professional 145.022-71 with the 1039 bracelet. I initially thought that the watch was not running, but it seems to be running as on different photos the hands are on different positions. To my untrained eye the watch looks unpolished and in honest conditions. The bracelet clap has engraving which s a pity. The auction closes in 1 day. Right now it is at $3350, I have no clue if the price is fair or not for the watch.

https://ctbids.com/estate-sale/12481/item/1118893

Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 4.02.00 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 4.01.47 PM.png
Bidding ended at $5,125. With a 15% premium and 6% Pennsylvania sales tax, that’s roughly $6,250 - a bit on the high side for a ‘71 in this condition IMO, but not outrageous.

Thanks for posting. I'm still learning and am wondering about the lume/hands. To my (albeit untrained) eye, it looks like some of the lume plots are a different colour than on the hands. Do you think this is just the light, or is it a sign that something perhaps has happened to the hands? Part of me worries if it's too good to be true since it's supposed to be in such careful/minimally used condition but at the same time they've apparently needed to replace the crystal (I assume it's replaced since it's not mentioned as original/signed)... or maybe that is not a red flag?

Another really nice Seamaster 166.002 in steel, going off in two days, the last few were around the 600s to low 800s which is pretty good value considering what they are and how nice to wear they are.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144216433588?hash=item2193f823b4:g:5ZIAAOSw0lZhTcoq&LH_Auction=1

7920BFD4-2950-472B-A64B-782AE2B9FEDD.jpeg 2B09DF15-71C5-4B60-BF11-FB7C1315989A.jpeg

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Thanks for posting. I'm still learning and am wondering about the lume/hands. To my (albeit untrained) eye, it looks like some of the lume plots are a different colour than on the hands. Do you think this is just the light, or is it a sign that something perhaps has happened to the hands? Part of me worries if it's too good to be true since it's supposed to be in such careful/minimally used condition but at the same time they've apparently needed to replace the crystal (I assume it's replaced since it's not mentioned as original/signed)... or maybe that is not a red flag?
Yea I’m not too concerned as they are the correct hands for the reference and its not that unusual for them to look slightly different from the dial in these, crystals are wear and tear items that are often replaced including with generics but you can see from the original yellow caseback seal that this one hasn’t had a whole lot of servicing over its lifetime and probably spent a lot of time sitting in a drawer.

Another nice cheap Geneve 613 with a clean dial and hands and low starting bid going off in two days in the US, most of these are still going somewhere around the 300s or so.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284470827407?hash=item423bc8598f:g:E-wAAOSwzCBhVXto&LH_Auction=1

s-l1600 (1).jpeg
More likely to be a 565 movement as an automatic. These are great watches and even thought there is no movement photo, it’s very well priced with a BIN of $500 or an auction starter (no bids yet) of $283.
Great value - I already have a couple

More likely to be a 565 movement as an automatic. These are great watches and even thought there is no movement photo, it’s very well priced with a BIN of $500 or an auction starter (no bids yet) of $283.
Great value - I already have a couple
Probably my eyesight, but the case appears to be heavily pitted/scratched?

It does look like it’s lived an honest life. It’s a shame there’s no movement shot.

Well, I don’t think it’s at all bad for a fifty plus year old case. Hands, face and crown look fine and although there’s no movement photo, I think it’s okay.
There are scratches but I couldn’t see any significant pitting or gouging.

With that particular Geneve case they often show surface scratches due to the simply blocky case design and brushed finish but they’re also very easy to accurately refinish to the original spec for the same reason, there doesn’t look to be any deep dings or dents

With that particular Geneve case they often show surface scratches due to the simply blocky case design and brushed finish but they’re also very easy to accurately refinish to the original spec for the same reason, there doesn’t look to be any deep dings or dents
Nothing a Cape Cod won’t deal with 😀

Another really nice Seamaster 166.002 in steel, going off in two days, the last few were around the 600s to low 800s which is pretty good value considering what they are and how nice to wear they are.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144216433588?hash=item2193f823b4:g:5ZIAAOSw0lZhTcoq&LH_Auction=1

7920BFD4-2950-472B-A64B-782AE2B9FEDD.jpeg 2B09DF15-71C5-4B60-BF11-FB7C1315989A.jpeg

I missed this one by putting in an 'off-chance' bid then forgetting. It went for more or less what I expected though.

I missed this one by putting in an 'off-chance' bid then forgetting. It went for more or less what I expected though.
It went a first bit higher than most because it’s in the UK though and currently there’s a noticeable divide between watches in the UK and watches in the rest if the world due to the high tax rates, small market and difficulty of import at present. I’m trying to find and note listings that are decent in the UK accordingly but they will always be higher and mostly aren’t worth buying if you live in another country.