Recommended Vintage OMEGA WATCHES (only) On EBAY (NOT for Inquiries)

This C case goes off in 20 hours in the UK, needs a crown and service but quite nice overall

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255141958736?hash=item3b67a55450:g:8nsAAOSwpHthRw4L E6561102-F498-409E-A961-F00C572504EB.jpeg

I suspect that it may need some replacement hands too
I'd expect very slim non-lumed black hands with the 'jet-line' indices dial
nice looking case though - if the price stays down it could be worth someone having a punt

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
nice looking case though - if the price stays down it could be worth someone having a punt

No doubt of replacement hands as they have lume inlays.

I was going to ask! I was tempted but put off by the slim non-lume indices with lume dauphine hands.

I don’t know enough about Constellations but given the gold furniture on the dial, wouldn’t it be a fairly simple job to remove the lume from the hands and insert a black paint line.
I know some Constellations have dauphine hands, or is this the wrong model?

I don’t know enough about Constellations but given the gold furniture on the dial, wouldn’t it be a fairly simple job to remove the lume from the hands and insert a black paint line.
I know some Constellations have dauphine hands, or is this the wrong model?

Some early C cases do have dauphine hands
I think the furniture is rhodium plated (silver)
IIRC lume is generally wider than the alternative black painted insert
would probably look better with the super slim black hands

Some early C cases do have dauphine hands
I think the furniture is rhodium plated (silver)
IIRC lume is generally wider than the alternative black painted insert
would probably look better with the super slim black hands
Thanks.
And, btw, if anyone comes across a set of black slim/stick hands, I’m looking for a set 😀

This 18K Cosmic is still at 800 with 2 hours left, really curious to see where this one ends as its a terrific piece

F55E499B-25F5-4F90-81BB-D5C3A927FAA0.jpeg

Terrific externally but not running and sold as is. Without seeing the inside it would be a risky buy. That said, I once bought a Seamaster Cosmic that wasn’t running for $20 at a flea market and it wasn’t running because the bloke hadn’t wound it up. Sometimes it’s worth taking the risk but $20 is obviously different than $800.

This 18K Cosmic is still at 800 with 2 hours left, really curious to see where this one ends as its a terrific piece

F55E499B-25F5-4F90-81BB-D5C3A927FAA0.jpeg
Seconds hand is visibly bent. Wouldn't meet terrific standards for me.

Bigger fear is that whoever is behind that bent hand is also behind the watch not running.

Seconds hand is visibly bent. Wouldn't meet terrific standards for me.

Bigger fear is that whoever is behind that bent hand is also behind the watch not running.
Terrific is referring to the specialness of the watch, someone got it for just over 900 so even if it needs a whole donor movement and hands, you can pick up a gold plate cosmic with a trashed case for very cheap. The last one that sold with bracelet, not head only like this one went for $3600

Terrific is referring to the specialness of the watch, someone got it for just over 900 so even if it needs a whole donor movement and hands, you can pick up a gold plate cosmic with a trashed case for very cheap. The last one that sold with bracelet, not head only like this one went for $3600
The fact that it's 18k Solid Gold was probably missed (somehow)

Not my cup of tea but a definite bargain at $900

did this go cheaply? ~$950
For a Swiss cased 18k watch that there are very few of to begin with is say it’s very decent, I actually rate the cosmics more than C case Connie’s as I find they suit more people have have a kind of modern funky look that is a bit less old-man-like

Not ebay (delete if not allowed), but an auction (with 15% premium) for an Omega Speedmaster Professional 145.022-71 with the 1039 bracelet. I initially thought that the watch was not running, but it seems to be running as on different photos the hands are on different positions. To my untrained eye the watch looks unpolished and in honest conditions. The bracelet clap has engraving which s a pity. The auction closes in 1 day. Right now it is at $3350, I have no clue if the price is fair or not for the watch.

https://ctbids.com/estate-sale/12481/item/1118893

Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 4.02.00 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 4.01.47 PM.png

Not ebay (delete if not allowed), but an auction (with 15% premium) for an Omega Speedmaster Professional 145.022-71 with the 1039 bracelet. I initially thought that the watch was not running, but it seems to be running as on different photos the hands are on different positions. To my untrained eye the watch looks unpolished and in honest conditions. The bracelet clap has engraving which s a pity. The auction closes in 1 day. Right now it is at $3350, I have no clue if the price is fair or not for the watch.

https://ctbids.com/estate-sale/12481/item/1118893

Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 4.02.00 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 4.01.47 PM.png

It's funny that this lot also includes what looks like an 80s Seiko quartz dress watch and a Timex. Looks to me to be a very honest, nice Speedmaster. The other watches add about $10 in value (give or take $10).