Recommended Vintage OMEGA WATCHES (only) On EBAY (NOT for Inquiries)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154562395031?hash=item23fca2fb97:g:3DQAAOSwtj9hEDqO&LH_Auction=1
Went for close to $1,000 USD including the shipping charge, but not including customs and tax. More than I expected for sure.

Given we in the UK now get hit by Customs/Tax for pieces from Mainland Europe, I think local demand for UK watches has gone up. I wonder if that played a role.
Edited by a mod:

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Given we in the UK now get hit by Customs/Tax for pieces from Mainland Europe, I think local demand for UK watches has gone up. I wonder if that played a role.

In that condition and with the box + Omega strap and buckle, the price doesn't seem high to me. The 165 and 166.003 were the top end of the 60s dress Seamaster range.

In that condition and with the box + Omega strap and buckle, the price doesn't seem high to me. The 165 and 166.003 were the top end of the 60s dress Seamaster range.
Yea I think its reasonable given the situation, demand is high and the UK is dealing with a 20% VAT on anything coming in from overseas along with potential issues of delays or watches going missing. It means the watches already in the UK are worth more and that’s part of why I keep flagging UK watches as that so our friends on that side of the channel can see they’re VAT free.

It’s almost never 20% on import to the UK as well.

With carriers like DHL, once everything’s added up, it’s closer to 30%.

That’s obscene. 😲

Ya true. The "Admin fees" etc that they throw on

Oh okay. Good to know - thank you!

That’s so insane, here in AU its 10% and rarely do you ever get hit with any extra fees, its no wonder UK buyers are trying to hard to stay domestic when buying a watch given that

Several nice examples of these popping up lately!
Indeed can’t wait to see yours after cleanup and service

Indeed can’t wait to see yours after cleanup and service
I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival. Shipping from the EU to the US has been painfully slow with Covid. My last acquisition from Slovenia took 6 weeks to arrive.
0EF62132-D68C-4CCC-9B80-6BBC31EC1E74.jpeg

I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival. Shipping from the EU to the US has been painfully slow with Covid. My last acquisition from Slovenia took 6 weeks to arrive.
0EF62132-D68C-4CCC-9B80-6BBC31EC1E74.jpeg
I wish my detective skills were a little stronger and I was a little less risk adverse. I tend to limit my searches to the US which definitely results in fewer "good deals" on nice watches. I have this mostly wrong idea in my head that if someone in the US tries to cheat me on Ebay I can find a way out of it but probably not from other countries. This thread is super helpful because it gives that added confidence when looking outside the US.

I wish my detective skills were a little stronger and I was a little less risk adverse. I tend to limit my searches to the US which definitely results in fewer "good deals" on nice watches. I have this mostly wrong idea in my head that if someone in the US tries to cheat me on Ebay I can find a way out of it but probably not from other countries. This thread is super helpful because it gives that added confidence when looking outside the US.
Yea being in AU I always have to cast a wider net or I’d never be able to buy anything, always take precautions obviously when buying but I’ve bought from all over Europe Asia and South America without issue, ironically the only purchase I needed to get ebay to handle from a non delivery point of view was a used $120 iPad keyboard case in Australia.

This one looks terrible in photos like it has smudges on the dial or something but in the first two photos you can see they’re actually shadows from marks on the crystal and they move around the dial depending on the direction of the light, it’ll be nice when cleaned up, going off in 4 hours

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124859740881?hash=item1d123872d1:g:Zx4AAOSwYQRhHVRR&LH_Auction=1

B7C82474-FDEF-4A72-AA3C-14AD5D67EB25.jpeg
That went cheap...

Gold capped Seamaster 752 Sparkle dial with bracelet, photos are a bit rubbish and crystal is scratched up a bit but should clean up well

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324734431820?hash=item4b9bae324c:g:8NYAAOSw40xhBGns

FC838794-BB65-4875-8FD5-8FF649D5E592.jpeg

I don't think I've ever seen that watch/bracelet combination before.
That went cheap...

If the rotor post can be fixed without too many parts or the buyer has some available it was a great buy.