Forums Latest Members

Recommended Vintage OMEGA WATCHES (only) On EBAY (NOT for Inquiries)

1. Edward53 Oct 20, 2016

I don't think he's crazy at all. I think he's just fed up with being messed about in the past and making a point in a humorous way, esp the bit about the medication. I'm sure that if you messaged him you'd get a perfectly sensible response.

ahartfie, EdtheAussie and Alpha like this.
  2. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Oct 20, 2016

Brightened my morning reading the listing :)

smitty190373 likes this.
  3. EdtheAussie Oct 20, 2016

Up to $2000 - I wonder how this will escalate overnight, not sure if a sneaky BIN offer would suffice now!

4. 72c Oct 20, 2016

If you ask me the use of all caps multi-coloured Comic Sans alone should be part of the DSM-IV ;)

ahartfie and Jwit like this.
  5. Just Livin Oct 20, 2016

Am with @Alpha on this one. It did bring a smile to my face this morning, whilst reading.
    I too sense he will be letting it ride now. Given where the price went to off the bat. Well at least I hope he lets its ride. Would love to see where this one ends up.::book::

6. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 20, 2016

Two posts for the Broad Arrow. It must be good.

7. cristos71 Oct 20, 2016

Deleted now, I hadn't seen the earlier recommendation.

8. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 20, 2016

Thought this should be saved as a future model.

OMEGA SEAMASTER 300
    THIS IS A 100% AUTHENTIC SWISS MADE OMEGA SEAMASTER 300 STAINLESS STEEL VINTAGE DIVER'S MENS WATCH.
    I BOUGHT THIS AGES AGO FROM THE ORIGINAL OWNER'S ESTATE AND AM OFFERING THIS IN AN AS FOUND CONDITION (SEE PHOTOS), NO TARTING UP FOR SALE, SO WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET.
    WATCH HAS ORIGINAL SIGNED OMEGA DIAL, CROWN, PLASTIC CRYSTAL, CASE AND MOVEMENT. ORIGINAL NEVER RE PLATED FACTORY DIAL, STAINLESS STEEL CASE AND CROWN,HORSE
    SEAMASTER BACK LOGO AND BAND.
    THIS IS AN OLD WATCH SO THE CRYSTAL IS SCRATCHED, THERE IS SOME MARKS ON THE BACK, THERE IS THE USUAL BUILD UP OF 50 YEARS OF GUNK AND GRIME AND THE BAND IS WORN SO BID ACCORDINGLY.
    THE WATCH RUNS BUT WOULD OBVIOUSLY BENEFIT FROM A SERVICE.
    I AM NO WATCH EXPERT SO PLEASE CHECK THE PHOTOS CLOSELY, ASK ANY QUESTIONS AS THERE ARE NO RETURNS OR REFUNDS.
    PLEASE ENQUIRE AS TO POSTAGE AND INSURANCE COSTS WHICH IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PURCHASER.(SEE MY CONDITIONS)
    THIS IS NO TIME TO SIT AND WATCH SO GET BIDDING AS TIME IS TICKING. BIDDING STARTS AT 0.99 CENTS THE REST IS UP TO YOU

MY RANT
    PHOTO'S FORM PART OF THE DESCRIPTION AND ARE WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS SO THERE ARE 6,000 WORDS OF DESCRIPTION HERE.
    PLEASE NOTE THAT I HAVE NOT SOLD ANYTHING ON E-BAY FOR OVER A YEAR.

I HAVE JUST FINISHED THERAPY BECAUSE OF THE PRESSURE OF GRAPPLING WITH ALL THE CHANGING EBAY AND PAY PAL RULES AND REGULATIONS AND ANSWERING CRAZY BUYERS QUESTIONS.

MY THERAPIST SAYS IT IS NOW SAFE FOR ME ONCE AGAIN TO TEST THE EBAY GODS BUT I MUST AT ALL TIMES STAY ON MY MEDICATION, SO HERE GOES.

BECAUSE OF THE TIME DELAY SINCE MY LAST SELLING FORAY ALL MY WONDERFUL SELLER FEEDBACK HAS PROBABLY DROPPED OFF AND I MAY LOOK LIKE A NEW SELLER, BUT REST ASSURED I AM AN OLD HAND AND AN OLD FART SO YOU CAN BUY WITH CONFIDENCE.

I have found that 99% of people are WONDERFUL ,1% are the exactly the opposite

If you are part of the 1% please go away now,

I will not suffer you.

IM OLD, IM SELLING OLD SECOND HAND CRAP

IF YOU WANT “NEW” THEN GO TO KMART

IM SLOW SO DON’T EXPECT ANYTHING YOU BUY TO

ARRIVE WITHIN A DAY OR 2 BECAUSE IT WONT

I DON’T COMMUNICATE UNLESS THE QUESTION IS WORTHY OF AN ANSWER

OR THE ITEM IS VALUABLE

IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE ALL OF THE ABOVE YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE

YOU ARE PART OF THE 1% THAT MAKE THE ON-LINE WORLD STINK.

IF YOU BID YOU ACCEPT MY TERMS

IF I DO NOT BREACH MY TERMS YOU OWE ME A POSITIVE FEEDBACK

IF YOU CANT ACCEPT THAT

YOU ARE PART OF THE 1%

I START ALL MY AUCTIONS AT 99 CENTS AND ACCEPT THE FINAL PRICE OFFERED

GOOD OR BAD SO I KEEP MY WIFE HAPPY AND I GET RID OF ALL MY CRAP.

SO BID WITH CONFIDENCE AND ASK QUESTIONS AND IF I'M STILL ON MY

MEDICATION I WILL ANSWER YOU GOOD LUCK.

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 20, 2016

All caps too, that bits important

watch3s likes this.
  10. 72c Oct 20, 2016

It's funnny how ebay works sometimes, at the same time as the 2913 from our special seller, there's also this

[​IMG]
    http://www.ebay.de/itm//201695751891Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

It's not everyday one of those comes up, so it almost seems like it could be fate for the eventual high bidder.
    Do your own due diligence on the bezel, but potentially a unusually uncommon opportunity to make it complete straight away.

11. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Oct 21, 2016

12. peatnick Oct 22, 2016

ahartfie likes this.
  13. ConElPueblo Oct 23, 2016

NOOOO!!!

I was hoping to have this remain a secret :(

C'mon, it's even gold-capped! :p

14. abrod520 Oct 27, 2016

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-OMEGA-...ch-/311728823822?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Good-looking (underneath scratched crystal) 145.022-74 or early 145.022-76. Seller doesn't mention anything about service history but the price is pretty good IMO. Replace / polish the crystal, add a little lume re-fill in the hour hand and you'd have a pretty attractive watch!

WatchmakerTheory likes this.
  15. WatchmakerTheory Oct 27, 2016

Aaaaand it's gone :(

EdtheAussie likes this.
  16. abrod520 Oct 27, 2016

Oh thank God. Otherwise I would've had to make an offer, and I really can't afford to do that right now!

Anyone here pick it up? I'm dying to see photos once the crystal is sorted.

17. wsfarrell Oct 27, 2016

I got it. This will be a good test of my crystal-polishing skills, among other things. Anyone know of someone in the U.S. who could do a good job filling in the lume on the hand?

grizzlycanuck and abrod520 like this.
  18. abrod520 Oct 27, 2016

Nice! I'm excited to see how it turns out! My watchmaker in New York was fairly good at repairing missing lume, but I dunno if it'd be worth sending all the way from the west coast.

watch3s likes this.
  19. Edward53 Nov 7, 2016

davidswiss likes this.
  20. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Nov 9, 2016

wsfarrell likes this.