REBUS puzzles

... --- ..- -. -.. ... / .-.. .. -.- . / -.-- --- ..- / -.. ---

.. - -- .. --. .... - .-.. --- --- -.- .-.. .. -.- . .. -.. ---

-... ..- - .. -.. --- -. .----. -

.. - -- .. --. .... - .-.. --- --- -.- .-.. .. -.- . .. -.. ---

-... ..- - .. -.. --- -. .----. -

.-- . .-.. .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / --. --- - / - .... . / - . .-.. . --. .-. .- .--. .... / .--. .- .-. - / .-. .. --. .... -

.. / ... ..- ... .--. . -.-. - / -- .-. / -.-. .- -. ..- -.-. -.- / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / -.- -. --- .-- / - .... .. ...

😁

As the final authority on this matter, let’s hear from Woodstock.

836C4640-67AD-4478-B0D8-397641283445.jpeg

I know the answer, but can't put the images together.

Toronto to Hamilton?

Something to do with the first telegraph message between Montreal & Toronto. Confused by the clues!

Something to do with the first telegraph message between Montreal & Toronto. Confused by the clues!
St
Catherine
Telly
Graph(ology)
IBM(achine)

I was under the impression that @JimInOz & @TasMike had solve it by proxy, with all the morse code shenanigans.

I don’t read morse code, but hoping it’s all rude 😁

St
Catherine
Telly
Graph(ology)
IBM(achine)

I was under the impression that @JimInOz & @TasMike had solve it by proxy, with all the morse code shenanigans.

I got "telegraph machine" and then went by the date, thus:

"On December 19, 1846, just a few days before Christmas, a conversation took place at Toronto’s City Hall that forever changed intercity communication in Canada. It wasn’t what was said, but rather how it was said. Through a series of electronic taps—Morse code—a small group of Toronto businessmen on Front Street East held a pioneering conversation with a telegraph operator in Hamilton, a distance of about 70 kilometres."

But I'm still puzzled by the two Saints, St Nicholas of Myra and St Catherine of Sienna.

St
Catherine
Telly
Graph(ology)
IBM(achine)

I'm a little further along, but not much. The company that transmitted that first message was the "Toronto-Hamilton-Niagara and St. Catharines Electro-Magnetic Telegraph Company".

That still leaves Agios Nikolaos (St. Nicholas) unaccounted for unless Agios somehow relates to Niagara - @blubarb did say that there was some Greek involved

I'm a little further along, but not much. The company that transmitted that first message was the "Toronto-Hamilton-Niagara and St. Catharines Electro-Magnetic Telegraph Company".

That still leaves Agios Nikolaos (St. Nicholas) unaccounted for unless Agios somehow relates to Niagara - @blubarb did say that there was some Greek involved

Okay, firstly well done to all - it was a bit scattered for sure (trying not to use the word scatalogical. 😀 )

St. Catharines Electro Telegraph Company was the answer I was looking for and the "unfair" red herrings were in the double saints. The first clue is just that St (saint) and the next image is supposedly St Catherine. Of course the greek word "tele" and then the Greek word for writing "graphe" and so on - IBM came up first as a big company on Google so took pole position. Looking into it too deeply was I knew going to be difficult for you smarties not to do...hehehe...

Anyway great group solve and well done to all with mentions in the dispatches to the all the REBUS crew.

Ps. No stoning until I blow the whistle

external-content.duckduckgo.png

Something something Requiem...
You’re halfway there.
You just need the composer 😕

This might help:

E59213A6-DBAD-4B48-8EB3-3E0485A2D496.jpeg

Put your reverse search image skills to test, if you’re not sure who the banjo playing amphibian is…
Edited:

You’re halfway there.
You just need the composer 😕

This might help:

E59213A6-DBAD-4B48-8EB3-3E0485A2D496.jpeg

Put your reverse search image skills to test, if you’re not sure who the banjo playing amphibian is…
Koslovsky?

Gabriel Faure Requeum.

Thread: Peter Gabriel Kiss that Frog = GABRIEL
Fore = FAUR
Sun ray= RET
Murtaugh Building demolition = REQ
Piddling statue = UEUE
M = M

Ergo, Gabriel Fauret Requeum (I hope).
Edited: