REBUS puzzles

What, pray tell, is “oriental” about the second clue, Toronto, Ontario?

yep. You got it. Ontario. Needed a bit of a stretch to make the almost anagram ;) Oration would have been the perfect anagram now that I think about it. ::facepalm2::

I’m further behind now, after you added two clues!

I’m further behind now, after you added two clues!

Hint: Wolverine football team are homed in the USA state of...?

Do I have to show my workings Sir?

Here you go.

Blue Heron Huron

Toronto Ontario

Wolverine (singular, very obtuse clue) and after adjustment, shows the Michigan Wolverines.

Ear Erie

Super Mario / Eeyore
Edited:

Do I have to show my workings Sir?

My High School Geo teacher drummed it into me with the acronym HOMES - Huron (heron) Ontario (pic of Ontario) Michigan (Wolverines) Eirie (ear...) and Superior (Super Mario + Eeyore). I am surprised I recalled it.

My High School Geo teacher drummed it into me with the acronym HOMES - Huron (heron) Ontario (pic of Ontario) Michigan (Wolverines) Eirie (ear...) and Superior (Super Mario + Eeyore). I am surprised I recalled it.
I was struggling with this one. I actually had Huron, Ontario, and Michigan down. A classic case of overthinking the simple things :whipped:

Well done to @JimInOz for showing us how it’s done.

I was struggling with this one. I actually had Huron, Ontario, and Michigan down. A classic case of overthinking the simple things :whipped:

Well done to @JimInOz for showing us how it’s done.

Some well needed prodding by @Canuck got things moving though.

I couldn't figure out the wolverine reference, I s'pose it's a North American thing that would be immediately obvious to residents of that area.

Bella Abzug (thanks google)
LA City
Casper the Friendly ghost
minus -
T Boone Pickens
Sea/ocean/water/blue

Bella Lagosi?

Bella Abzug (thanks google)
LA City
Casper the Friendly ghost
minus -
T Boone Pickens