REBUS puzzles

😁

It's all there.

Herb, rose mary - yes but which one?
Barbara Eden, Jeannie, Bewitched (not Bewitched, But I Dream of...
Brian May - Yes. which one?
Simon Callow - yes, but which one?

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 11.16.02 pm.png

Is the Senate Building in Ottawa inserted as a red herring, to throw us off the scent? Or what?

Calling all non-Canadians. This Canadian has thrown in the towel on this one!

Is the Senate Building in Ottawa inserted as a red herring, to throw us off the scent? Or what?

Not a red herring, though I am sure the Senate building, not unlike our own downunder, is populated by all kinds of marine life - 😀

It is in this building where this person became, on the 26th July, a significant personage in Canadian Political life. Not a horse but a bit of a GG from what I can tell.

😀

Mary Jeannie May Simon, the new
Governor General of Canada

410508A6-C986-4A24-81FF-2D54EF155037.jpeg

I only got this with @blubarb ’s generous clues 👍

An ashamed Canadian should have been able to figure that one!

When talking with a personal friend of hers, he asked her give a précis of her past accomplishments. Her answer? I’m just Mary! Quite a change from the egotistical hag we had! Astronaut? My a$$!

An ashamed Canadian should have been able to figure that one!

When talking with a personal friend of hers, he asked her give a précis of her past accomplishments. Her answer? I’m just Mary! Quite a change from the egotistical hag we had! Astronaut? My a$$!
I’m not gonna comment on Canadian politics, but it seems her time in office wasn’t without controversy. The first Governor General to resign under scandalous circumstances, no less…

I’m not gonna comment on Canadian politics, but it seems her time in office wasn’t without controversy. The first Governor General to resign under scandalous circumstances, no less…

I think our former GG’s place is in outer space, permanently!

That was quick. I had just finished typing the word rake when the solve came through.

Ian McKellen
Fleming/Alexander
Io/moon/Jupiter's moon
raking/leaves/rake

👍 😎

That was quick. I had just finished typing the word rake when the solve came through.

Ian McKellen
Fleming/Alexander
Io/moon/Jupiter's moon
raking/leaves/rake

👍 😎
In the spirit of fairness…

2DFBD918-65EF-4171-AC88-97B50014505E.jpeg

Dee Brown. Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee.

Kiki DEE
Charlie BROWN
Strawberry BURY
M + eye MY
Heart HEART
@ @
Injured soldier WOUNDED
Knee KNEE

Dee Brown. Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee.

Kiki DEE
Charlie BROWN
Strawberry BURY
M + eye MY
Heart HEART
@ @
Injured soldier WOUNDED
Knee KNEE
Good work @Canuck , well done 👍

76D28D1E-C582-45F7-AABF-310A490C4A77.jpeg

The “Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee” wasn’t tough. Nor was Charlie Brown. But Kiki Dee? That was the colour of another horse! But I finally have an app that helps me search images of people.

But Kiki Dee? That was the colour of another horse!
I thought about using a picture of Sandra Dee, but that would have been an easier giveaway
I finally have an app that helps me search images of people.
If you’re gonna be bringing out the big guns, then I’m making my submissions tougher 😉

I thought about using a picture of Sandra Dee, but that would have been an easier giveaway

If you’re gonna be bringing out the big guns, then I’m making my submissions tougher 😉

Maybe I shouldn’t have told you that! 😀 The only thing the app helped with was the name of the girl in the clues. But had I Googled “Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee”, I likely would have answered you rebus, anyway. But a good rebus. (Any rebus I can decipher is a good one.😁 )