Opinions on Bulova Marine Star, valjoux 7731

It is a great looking watch. Glad to hear it's getting some proper wrist time!

Like 1
This reference wasn't even on my radar when this thread started. Now...
On my wrist.;)

image.jpg

Like 7
You will shortly feel a need to score ExParks now. That's how the disease goes. no point in fighting it.

The Cairelli Trifecta
gDSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

Like 8
You will shortly feel a need to score ExParks now. That's how the disease goes. no point in fighting it.

The Cairelli Trifecta
gDSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

You are correct sir, and full the trifecta beckons from there.
I have found a nice EP, but it is the white dial version, which is giving me pause. ::confused2::

You are correct sir, and full the trifecta beckons from there.
I have found a nice EP, but it is the white dial version, which is giving me pause. ::confused2::

Oooh, no! Don't pause! That adds to the variety. Highly desirable.

Oooh, no! Don't pause! That adds to the variety. Highly desirable.
image.jpg

Like 3
I love this thread::love::

I feel the need to have a Bulova every day and from day to day the need grows stronger:oops::oops:

I have to complete the mission:D

image.jpg

image.jpg

Like 7
Thanks for the prompt reply.... where does Bulova Marine star stands now in terms of pricing these days seems expensive for a bulova...

Btw: You can see the name of the original intended company have been removed on the movement bridge.
The same may be found on some Excelsior Park Monte Carlo versions. Apart from the case back and dial it spears identical to the EP.
Other EP Monte Carlos have Breitling still signed on there. The reason is said to be that these watches was made partly using leftovers from the Breitling bankruptcy in the late 70s. Valjoux is said to have been stuck with batches of Breitling badged movements which they subsequently sold to others after big B stopped paying.

Like 1
Btw: You can see the name of the original intended company have been removed on the movement bridge.
The same may be found on some Excelsior Park Monte Carlo versions. Apart from the case back and dial it spears identical to the EP.
Other EP Monte Carlos have Breitling still signed on there. The reason is said to be that these watches was made partly using leftovers from the Breitling bankruptcy in the late 70s. Valjoux is said to have been stuck with batches of Breitling badged movements which they subsequently sold to others after big B stopped paying.
That looks creepy, like someone filing the serial numbers off a gun.

Like 2
think excelsior park and bulova was trading at sub USD 2000 not long ago??
The market is hard to understand, especially on low volume models like these.
If I find a EP Monte Carlo In good nick I personally would spend more than 2K any day.
My 7730 Bulova Marine Star came in some time ago at about usd2000.

Like 2
That looks creepy, like someone filing the serial numbers off a gun.
Valjoux had already marked the movements for Breitling. However they no longer existed. Practical solution? Grind the no longer valid marks of, and get some money for the movements while you can.
Remember those days were not the brightest for the Swiss watchmaking industry!

Like 1