Opinions on Bulova Marine Star, valjoux 7731

Amazing. If these can pop in value, anything can. Might be the first instance of an homage watch becoming a hot collector commodity.

There seems to be some inscription on issue and serial number.... EPMC is not known to be military issue right?

Never a military issued watch. The inscripzion must be something different.
Second hand is wrong.
Rest looks good to me.

Adri

Never a military issued watch. The inscripzion must be something different.
Second hand is wrong.
Rest looks good to me.

Adri

Is it tough to get the second hand? But then it comes with the question matching the lume...

Yes I think it's tricky.

Matching lume wouldn't be a big problem;) There are many tricks to get the right matching lume (mix color or take a cigarette and hold it under the lume to get it darker or brown)

I'm not a friend of wrong parts on a watch and go on hunt to find the parts.
I have this problem with my speedmaster and it's a never ending story or very expensive.

it's another story if you get a good price and you can live with it and you find fast the right hand.

In this case I would pass this one but that's my opinion.

Adri

Like 1
Yes I think it's tricky.

Matching lume wouldn't be a big problem;) There are many tricks to get the right matching lume (mix color or take a cigarette and hold it under the lume to get it darker or brown)

I'm not a friend of wrong parts on a watch and go on hunt to find the parts.
I have this problem with my speedmaster and it's a never ending story or very expensive.

it's another story if you get a good price and you can live with it and you find fast the right hand.

In this case I would pass this one but that's my opinion.

Adri

I think I would too..this one is priced at 1800 USD though