Forums Latest Members
  1. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Sep 3, 2019

Curious how many of you make a point to source Omega straps (or bracelets, I suppose) for your Omega watches? I'm sort of having trouble making up my mind whether it's worth the expense, especially since a couple of mine are US Collection with 11/16th inch lug width, though the US sizes seem to be all over eBay lately.

This is where an original bracelet is nice because you buy it once (one hopes) and it lasts a long time.

Tom

wwhntr likes this.
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Sep 3, 2019

I see no point in it.

3. KingCrouchy Sep 3, 2019

I bought some, at full price and wasn't really impressed by their durability.

4. hick8711 Sep 3, 2019

I have a Speedy without one and a Speedy with one. They're okay but I tend to prefer my $12 NATO strap.

5. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Sep 3, 2019

Ah, I thought you would read my mind because Vintage forum. Vintage Omega straps for vintage Omega watches. Sorry. :)

Tom

wwhntr likes this.
  6. wwhntr Sep 3, 2019

To be a little more specific, are you referring to vintage Omega leather straps to match same time period watches?

I have sourced a period correct strap with an original buckle for a few pieces in my collection, but seldom wear a vintage signed strap because the Omega stamp will wear/fade out over time. It just completes the look to have a nice stitched, rolled edge calf or elephant strap on a 50’s Constellation or Seamaster!

I definitely enjoy the look of a 1039 flat link on my Speedmasters and wear one often in the fall/winter.