Forums Latest Members

Omega Official Nato strap - now I know!

1. mr_smith Apr 2, 2019

I did spend as much and would have felt more value with even just one or two of the extras, maybe just the pouch as it could be used to help organize some of my extra spring bars, etc. That said, and knowing there are other options out there for more affordable NATOs, the one I bought does seem nice quality so I'm pretty happy with it. Would like to see the OP's strap on the watch!

2. Owlsu Apr 2, 2019

No. If you buy it anywhere located in the EU, the Queen of England hand delivers it to you on a silk pillow. Only downside is it ends up costing about €5 more though.

3. wouter van wijk Apr 2, 2019

for less than 40 bucks you can get a really good substitute https://omegaforums.net/threads/introduction-discount-for-of-members-on-wristicons-straps.91993/
    I designed my own NATO strap based on the original G10 and from our beloved brand, but there was some room for improvement (hardware) and bigger holes, combined with nice packaging and some subtle logos and label (iconic watches make us tick). And sorry but most of that packaging of Omega seems to me like useless waste.

P.S. use code OF3=2NATO to buy 3 get on free

Wrist Icons 29 jan 2019 Nato Straps All-4.jpg Wrist Icons 29 jan 2019 Nato Straps All.jpg
    yande and STANDY like this.
  4. wouter van wijk Apr 2, 2019

and it looks great on a ST

1.jpg 11.jpg
    munichblue likes this.
  5. wouter van wijk Apr 2, 2019

iconic watches make us tick

6.jpg 5.jpg
    jankymutt and STANDY like this.
  6. ama98 Apr 2, 2019

OK. I couldn't expected anything less. So for 5 euro it is a deal of the century

7. BradleyJ. Apr 3, 2019

I have to laugh at the original post.... I spend almost 100 more for a snoopy strap and it came in a non labeled, generic zip lock bag and zero case or accessories........ not even new spring bars :confused:

8. Buddyv Apr 3, 2019

I have been owning and maintaining Porsche vintage cars for around 25 years. I used to cringe when buying authentic parts for the cars that were made by "Porsche". Didn't understand why the name-brand was more expensive than the alternative non-name brand item.

25 years later.....

Many of those parts are still in great shape today. In fact, they seem to have aged well..... maybe making them better than the day I bought them.

But..... not all parts. Some. "Some" were simply a waste of extra money that could have gone into other parts that I needed.

My point is this... if you are into Omega watches, you are already buying based largely on love for the brand and style. Well, your favorite brand just made a nato strap. And it may not be very clear now, but in 25 years that strap may be in nice shape..... and it will be made by your favorite brand. (cool, right?)

I am new here, so I am still learning..... but I thought to share a perspective from a newer crazy watch person.

My first nice watch was an Omega.... I treated myself when I turned 25 years old because my boss had the same watch and it looked solid as a rock. I turn 50 this year and I am looking for another.... Omega.

I will pass on the Nato - but only because I am saving up for more much needed Porsche parts. ;)

Cheers, and happy to be part of this community.

9. BenBagbag Apr 3, 2019

Great first post. Welcome! :thumbsup:

And start a thread on your 25 year old Omega! We'd love to see it. I'm sure others would also love to see the Porsche too!

Jensop likes this.
  10. c2500 Apr 3, 2019

In my experience, the problem with this NATO strap design, compared to Omega's, is that the second keeper is fixed in place. With the Omega NATOs, you can freely move the second keeper to where it needs to be, depending on strap length remaining.

If anyone knows of a manufacturer that creates NATOs that have an un-fixed second keeper, please let me know. This makes a huge improvement in comfort and usability for me.

PATRICK JP likes this.
  11. iatacs19 Apr 4, 2019

You get the curved spring bars right?

12. shoota70 Apr 4, 2019

That kit you get with a NATO strap is hilarious. It should come with free Kool-Aid and a FanBoy t shirt. Too funny.

I have an idea - keep all that nonsense and sell me the $25 strap.

jankymutt likes this.
  13. jspaxton Apr 6, 2019

You never know, if you ever sell the watch that packaging may be part of the "full kit" and get you a higher resale value :)

14. RI Omega Fan Apr 6, 2019

Try: Haveston.com

c2500 likes this.
  15. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Apr 6, 2019

I got mine in a strap lot on eBay...

77deluxe likes this.
  16. starcraft Apr 9, 2019

times are tough when you ask if someone has box and papers for their nato's

JAAA likes this.
  17. wouter van wijk Apr 9, 2019

Actually our design has the same moving first keeper as Omega. All have the second keeper fixed

18. JAAA Apr 9, 2019

On the topic of NATOs, does anyone make a shortened one where that excess foldover isn't necessary? It's bulky for my tastes.

19. wouter van wijk Apr 9, 2019

they are available. what you also can do is take a coin, get a pair of scissors and cut it. then get a lighter and hold a bit of distance and warm the loose threads, without catching fire, so the fabric won't fringe. this will do the job.

Speedy2254 and madjestikmoose like this.
  20. Speedy2254 Apr 9, 2019

The long foldover is part of the tradition! It's the one thing I don't like about my Omega NATO - it's longer than my G10 strap but the position of the Omega buckle & keepers make it so that I can't get a big enough foldover to go through both keepers. There's just enough to fold back into the top keeper. It looks like it goes back all the way down, but I know that it doesn't, which bugs me unreasonably because I know that it should.