Forums Latest Members

Omega Official Nato strap - now I know!

1. tjs Mar 29, 2019

I ordered the official Omega Nato strap - I had to know why it cost $160. For those that want to know, here you go.
    I think the wax seal on the documents goes just a bit too far for a strap. Don't get me wrong, I love great packaging but it has to match the value of the thing I am ordering.

IMG_4318.jpg
    TwinPeaks, rob09, KingCrouchy and 6 others like this.
  2. Wetworks Mar 29, 2019

Agreed, super impressive packaging. I got the same strap, too!

3. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Mar 29, 2019

140 bucks in packaging wrapped around a 20 dollar NATO.

4. Wetworks Mar 29, 2019

While I can appreciate and agree that the overall package is overpriced, it has quite a bit more than the value you've assigned. The NATO is very high quality, has Omega branding (which matters to some), and the addition of a travel case, spring bars and tool make it a decent set. The rest of it is pretty frivolous, but it's still a cool bit of kit.

5. mr_smith Mar 29, 2019

Wow, impressive... I received the strap in the little plastic bag with no additional packaging.

Jptebbutt and Foo2rama like this.
  6. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Mar 29, 2019

Yeah, but you have 140 bucks in change.

89-0 and rincondeltiempo like this.
  7. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Mar 29, 2019

While it may be of superior quality to the average NATO, you still are spending far too much on the name. I've already paid for the name on the watch, paying extra for it on the most disposable replacement part seems a bit silly.

watchyouwant, jankymutt and kilofinal like this.
  8. vitriol Mar 30, 2019

Good it comes with a Nato Manual [​IMG]

watchyouwant and Mad Dog like this.
  9. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Mar 30, 2019

What a truly awful waste of resources. Shame on Omega

10. ConElPueblo Mar 30, 2019

Completely agree. Very much out of synch with modern climate and waste agendas.

11. ama98 Mar 30, 2019

Is the packaging the same for EU customers?

12. Wetworks Mar 30, 2019

Nope, because he spent the same amount of money I did and got less for it, but keep taking stabs in trying to make your opinion factual.

If you really want to get down to brass tacks here, one could say you spent far too much on the name Omega as well; taking it further, spending that much money on a watch to tell time, something many people nowadays would scoff at as being a wasteful and frivolous use of both disposable income and resources.

See above, but I'll add in how about the rest of Omega's packaging? Hell, how about their manufacturing process as a whole? How much of their source material is made in countries like China? Swatch is a LUXURY conglomerate; how does their very existence line up with "modern climate and waste agendas?" Or do they get a pass on your climate morals radar because you like watches?

Stop pissing in our cereal. Give it a rest and let the OP enjoy his new strap. Or continue to have at it, I'll do my measured best to ignore the topic from here-on-in.

13. tjs Mar 30, 2019

I actually agree with a lot of the comments - just wanted to share the info!

BTW - to the post about branding - I do see the Omega brands - again very cool and I appreciate it, nice touch.

14. OWa Mar 30, 2019

I don‘t think so. I believe you don‘t get the strap change kit in europe. No idea why?

15. ama98 Mar 30, 2019

When I checked the website it offers me to add it for an extra 10 euros

16. OWa Mar 30, 2019

They offer a spring bar tool. Is this the same as the kit in the US? Do they have to pay extra for that in the US? Just curious.

17. ConElPueblo Mar 30, 2019

...Are you for real? I didn't criticise neither the OP nor his strap for that matter, only that the packaging is ridiculous in relation to what the contents are. I feel the same for a lot of products, but here I chose to comment on this specific item. Like you did when you chose to comment "super impressive packaging" - but I guess that your opinion is the only one allowed here?

These are relevant issues and IMO shouldn't be ignored. Also, I think you'll find that neither @Fritz or I contribute a lot to the Swatch Group sales.

UWG, motivated, KingCrouchy and 6 others like this.
  18. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Mar 30, 2019

Well put, @ConElPueblo
    the cost of manufacturing that packaging far exceeds the cost of manufacturing that strap, you can trust me on that, I perform the costing on my employer's products and processes for a living. So where is the sense in purchasing a product that costs under ten bucks to make, but is delivered in thirty dollars worth of promotional packaging for four times that much?

As for my contribution to Swatch, one watch... and I gave that as a gift. Everything else is used and without packaging.

UWG and KingCrouchy like this.
  19. ConElPueblo Mar 30, 2019

I used to work as a temp in a part of a dairy that packaged Lurpak butter in tiny folded packages. Those bits of folded paper was at least 99% of the cost of materials :confused:

20. M'Bob Mar 30, 2019

I just want to know when the Extract on my NATO strap will arrive...ordered months ago.