Forums Latest Members

FS Introduction DISCOUNT for OF members on WRISTICONS straps

1. wouter van wijk Mar 22, 2019

Dear OF members,

As a big thank you to all of you for the great knowledge and shared enthusiasm I am happy to give you guys a nice discount on our straps. Last year turning 40 I decided to start my own business in trading watches and developing cool accessoires. Its not that easy but it has been a great journey soo far. I always love to talk watches and find the best for my customers.

We just introduced our first NATO straps in the 7 most wanted colors. Personally I am a big fan of this kind of strap, especially during the summer or while I am cycling or running. Next week I will send a big press release, but first I am happy to give you guys a discount to try them out. The NATO straps are inspired by the straps of a brand we all love. But I thought there was room for improvement. I used the same thickness (1.4mm) but improved the hardware. For the price of the Swiss brand you can get a couple more from us:) I am not allowed to post a link. The site is wristicons with an com extension and navigate to the straps.

The discount is valid on all our straps ( not only NATO!) until April 30 2019 as long as everything is in stock.

Use the code OF25discount to get 25% when you buy for 100 euros on straps (NATO and leather)
    Use the code OF3=2NATO to buy 3 get on free. when you buy for 119 euros on straps (NATO) Use the code OF3=2LEATHER to buy 3 get on free. when you buy for 250 euros on straps (NATO and leather)

Please let me know if you have any kind of questions. I am more than willing to help you out. Would love to welcome you on my instagram page wristicons!

Many thanks in advance, looking forward help you.

Best regards,

Wouter van Wijk from Amsterdam

From the press release:
    WRIST ICONS introduces premium seat belt NATO straps. We went the extra mile and specified our premium seat belt NATO straps based on some of the requirements of the British Ministry from1973. But we also updated our straps to a more contemporary standard to produce the best premium seat belt NATO straps money can buy! Discover the best value for money NATO straps with attention for detail.

As a teenager I already used to strap my watch on a NATO. It was a great option during the hot summer days cause being a kid I was very active on my bicycle or participating field sports. The NATO strap offered a cheap and more durable option compared to my leather straps which I had to change almost every year.

Becoming older I started to buy more vintage pieces. As a watch geek I also loved to pair my watches with cool looking straps and more premium NATO straps. As we all know, NATO straps have a cool military provenance and tend to combine very well with tool watches.

I have tested and tried different kind of straps and there was room for improvement. So we decided to specify and build our own line of NATO straps. We went completely nuts and specified the WRIST ICONS premium seat belt NATO straps based on some of the requirements of the British Ministry of Defence Standard (DefStan) 66-15 from1973. But we also updated our straps to a more contemporary standard.

Most of the thin fabric NATOS straps tend to get frills or start to get torn at the holes. We love our NATO straps to look nice also after years of wearing them. Therefore they should be durable and made from strong materials. And as watch lovers, don't we all love these little details! The WRIST ICONS premium seat belt NATO straps design consist of:

-premium hardware: brushed stainless steel hardware with a subtle chronograph logo on the buckle and first keeper

-adjustable keeper: moving stainless steel first keeper with engraved logo, so you can adjust your strap the way you like

-1,4 mm seat belt fabric with stitched joints for extra strength at the tension and stress points. The fabric feels strong, soft and smooth due to the ballistic nylon weave.

-big round holes that are laser welded holes that become more durable. (better than square holes)

-premium matte carton packaging with high gloss printing

-and a label that makes you smile:)

-7 most wanted colors (black, bond, black/grey edge, navy, grey, army khaki) in 3 sizes (18 black,/bond, 20 all, 22mm all)

-size width 18mm, 20mm, 22mm

-length 31cm without buckle

Practical benefits of the NATO strap

A NATO strap is made of special nylon that does not stretch when it gets wet. The straps dry quickly and are comfortable, even wet. There are no hard parts that can damage the watch case or clothing. Furthermore, the straps are of course affordable. When you attach a NATO strap on your watch case, your watch is more secure than any other type of strap. This extra security comes from the fact that your watch case will be attached to two different points; also known as the spring bars which are fixed in the lugholes of your watch case. Suppose your watchband sticks to a certain object such as a fence and as a result should one spring bar fail then the second spring bar will keep the watch attached to the strap. Unlike traditional NATOs, the WRIST ICONS premium seat belt NATO strap has one movable first keeper providing additional adjustment. This movable keeper allows any additional length to be neatly tucked away, regardless of the size of your wrist. With the extra length that these straps offer it means you can wear your watch over a your flight jacket, diving or astronaut suit. This may be also handy when you participate in activities such as flying a Concorde, sailing the America’s Cup, skiing the Harakiri, golfing at Sint Andrews, fly-fishing in Patagonia or if you want to look cool just like Gianni Agnelli!

ABOUT WRIST ICONS

WRIST ICONS was founded in 2019. Iconic watches make us tick. We love to curate vintage and pre-owned
    watches with proven character and like to tell their unique stories. We don’t look for average watches, we look for the quintessential watches of time. We call these WRIST ICONS.

WRIST ICONS is at your service. We are dedicated to help you discovering vintage & pre-owned iconic watches from the best luxury brands such as Rolex, Omega, Cartier and many others. We will be your guide into buying as well as selling iconic timepieces. Visit WRIST ICONS, a place where you can shop iconic watches, the finest watch straps, accessories and the coolest books. As a watch geek we have scoured the world to find the best for you.

from the best luxury brands such as Rolex, Omega, Cartier and many others. We will be your guide into buying as well as selling iconic timepieces. Visit WRIST ICONS, a place where you can shop iconic watches, the finest watch straps, accessories and the coolest books. As a watch geek we have scoured the world to find the best for you.

Wrist Icons 29 jan 2019 Nato Straps All-4.jpg Wrist Icons 29 jan 2019 Nato Straps All-10.jpg Wrist Icons 29 jan 2019 Nato Straps All-15.jpg 1.jpg 11.jpg 9.jpg 7.jpg 10.jpg Wrist Icons-9.jpg Wrist Icons-5.jpg 8.jpg 5.jpg Wrist Icons 29 jan 2019 Nato Straps All-4.jpg Wrist Icons 29 jan 2019 Nato Straps All-10.jpg Wrist Icons 29 jan 2019 Nato Straps All-15.jpg 1.jpg 11.jpg 9.jpg 7.jpg 10.jpg Wrist Icons-9.jpg Wrist Icons-5.jpg 8.jpg 5.jpg

DLT222 and Lbreak like this.
  2. wouter van wijk Apr 10, 2019

bump

3. wouter van wijk Apr 23, 2019

TTT

4. wouter van wijk Jan 30, 2020

Hi OF,

As requested by one of our forum members, we are offering again a discount code. The same codes are valid until April1 2020!

Best, wouter