Forums Latest Members

Omega Official Nato strap - now I know!

1. JAAA Apr 9, 2019

Great thanks!

pardon my ignorance, but what's the tradition?

2. Speedy2254 Apr 9, 2019

https://i.imgur.com/U4wuwB5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/pgsu2Lk.jpg

The tradition of the NATO strap is that there is enough strap left over to double it back through both loops as seen here.

Note that this military NATO is 10 mm shorter than the Omega NATO but fits perfectly ..

3. ras47 Apr 9, 2019

I love the idea and look of the NATO strap. Extra secure, holding the watch if one spring bar fails. Two things that ruin it for me though is the typical extra strapage sticking up at the top lug and the buckle on the side of my wrist. I have modified a few NATO straps by cutting off the upper strap and using only the long lower one. Lets me align the buckle with the bottom of my wrist. I can also cut/burn the strap to get the length right for me so there is not too much extra strap to deal with once it's through the buckle and into the keeper loop.

4. c2500 Apr 11, 2019

Apologies, I got them mixed around in the original post.

While we're on the subject, another concern I have with NATOs in general (not necessarily picking on yours) is that many have too-short a length on 12 o'clock, resulting in uncomfortable keeper positions when resting my hand. In my harsh, desk-diving environment, I wear a watch on left wrist, and use mouse with left hand. Depending on the placement of the keepers, they may be digging into my wrist.

Because I have found the Omega NATOs significantly more comfortable that other brands I've tried, I have tried to figure out exactly what Omega does right to improve the experience. (hence my interest in this thread). I'll try to find some of the 'bad examples' in my NATO strap collection and upload pictures to demonstrate.

5. yande May 18, 2022

Seems the packaging has reached Australia.. Years later.
    I was surprised when my NATO turned up yesterday in less than 20 hours after ordering online and wow, that packaging sure surprised me. Enough has been said about that. I will add tho' I love the Spring Bar tool that came with it for $10. Having only used Burgeon's 6767 previously, I was sceptical, but after changing out my strap, I doubt I will use the Burgeon ever again. Nice precise feel that works for me.
    NATO.jpg

6. nola22 Jun 6, 2022

I use the red case for traveling; it holds all of my chargers and cords for my iPad, iPhone, etc.

I appreciate the added touch of the accessories when you order online. Plus the case is a great place to keep your bracelet, extra spring bars and tools.

I also love how when you buy from the OB itself you get nothing but the strap and a cardboard sleeve. At least give me the option of the case or spring bars; I don’t need the wax seal envelope. . . Of course I bought from the OB on a whim (it was my 2nd NATO after getting the full online kit) so I forgot to ask for springs bars and only asked for the case, which I didn’t get. But I feel like the OB experience they should be leading and advising me and giving me what I need without asking. I’ve always been less than impressed with my OB, thus I’ve never paid full price from them based on my perceived value of their experience/service level. Plus they are still playing the only one person in the store at a time via security guard routine.

7. PATRICK JP Jun 19, 2022

Wow ! That’s pure class from Omega !

8. the_drunk_dial Jun 19, 2022

Omega’s nato straps are measured differently from cheaper nato straps. Their 12 o’clock side is longer, which makes for a world of difference for ranging wrist sizes — It also makes the buckle sit where its supposed to.

I’ll agree they’re overpriced, but they’re no $20 nato.

The materials themselves are also superior to any other nato I’ve tried. The only other brand that comes close to Omega is Artem.

9. txtchfn Jun 19, 2022

Yep that 6x9 box and 3 small pieces of paper are going to completely destroy the planet.

Edited Jun 20, 2022
  10. Alwaysontime12 Jun 19, 2022

I feel like phenomanato is being under represented in this conversation when it comes to comparable straps.