Omega Constellation Salmon Rose Gold

Posts
312
Likes
966
Hi guys,
I’m looking for this 14393 in solid rose gold.
Cal 561
Salmon Dial
It has two issue for me:

- Constellation Star is flipped (I solve easy a similar issue with another ref)
- 1 on data calendar is very strange, seems painted 😁

what do u think about watch and movement?
How much could u pay for a similar example?

thanks guys 😀
 
Posts
787
Likes
6,746
How much could u pay for a similar example?

Too many red flags as you pointed out. I'll pass and wait for another one.

How much would I pay? Nothing.

 
Posts
312
Likes
966
Too many red flags as you pointed out. I'll pass and wait for another one.

How much would I pay? Nothing.



Do u see anything else?
If u could pay 1000€ for this, will u solve the two problems?
 
Posts
435
Likes
958
Those issues you pointed out are pretty fishy and would discourage me from making the purchase, but that case looks extremely sharp.
Could be worth the gamble if you're willing to be patient and spend more to fix the other problems.
 
Posts
312
Likes
966
Those issues you pointed out are pretty fishy and would discourage me from making the purchase, but that case looks extremely sharp.
Could be worth the gamble if you're willing to be patient and spend more to fix the other problems.

Which other issue?

thanks
 
Posts
312
Likes
966
The star on the dial and the date wheel

So, my question is, which is the value with and without these problems?
 
Posts
435
Likes
958
The value is what you're willing to pay for it.
The case looks spectacular. Too good to be true maybe given the other signs of manipulation?
 
Posts
312
Likes
966
The value is what you're willing to pay for it.
The case looks spectacular. Too good to be true maybe given the other signs of manipulation?

I don’t see any manipulations, but obviously I m not sure, for this I opened this thread 😀 Will u pay 1k€ for this?
 
Posts
6,762
Likes
10,418
What you have there is 14394
A deluxe with gold case and gold dial. ( the easiest tell are the fat flat onyx inserts)
The case is pretty good but has lost some edge definition on the lugs.
The dial has an unusually expressed grain but this is the correct style and could just be the lighting and otherwise looks correct.
Turned stars are common and turn for all sorts of reasons ( it is only turned slightly not flipped )
some rotor rub but it is to be expected.

The date wheel is a bit odd but can be changed at the inevitable service.

A price of €1000 would be an outrageous bargain. ( it’s probably worth three times that)


what makes you think it is rose gold?
Rose gold of this era is very pale but yellow gold can also take on a rich hue.

hope that helps
 
Posts
312
Likes
966
What you have there is 14394
A deluxe with gold case and gold dial. ( the easiest tell are the fat flat onyx inserts)
The case is pretty good but has lost some edge definition on the lugs.
The dial has an unusually expressed grain but this is the correct style and could just be the lighting and otherwise looks correct.
Turned stars are common and turn for all sorts of reasons ( it is only turned slightly not flipped )
some rotor rub but it is to be expected.

The date wheel is a bit odd but can be changed at the inevitable service.

A price of €1000 would be an outrageous bargain. ( it’s probably worth three times that)


what makes you think it is rose gold?
Rose gold of this era is very pale but yellow gold can also take on a rich hue.

hope that helps

It seems rose gold from pics in my point of view, but I can obviously make an error 😀

I think 1000€ could be a bargain, so I d like to go, I want only to know if there are others big issue.

thanks so much for your analysis
 
Posts
261
Likes
195
I would not pay 1K for this.

The painted "1" in the date function tells me the watch was previously owned by a shady person, so I would not be surprised to learn there are other issues which will unfold after coming into possession.

I would pass.
 
Posts
6,762
Likes
10,418
It seems rose gold from pics in my point of view, but I can obviously make an error 😀

I think 1000€ could be a bargain, so I d like to go, I want only to know if there are others big issue.

thanks so much for your analysis

As I said - not a bargain, highway robbery.
You can't get a decent steel 14393 for less than 1200 nowadays.
The gold alone must be worth way way more than 1000

These late lyre-lug Connies are lovely to wear and the solid gold ones feel really nice on the wrist.

A cousin to your watch - my 14382 no date deluxe
 
Posts
6,762
Likes
10,418
I would not pay 1K for this.

The painted "1" in the date function tells me the watch was previously owned by a shady person, so I would not be surprised to learn there are other issues which will unfold after coming into possession.

I would pass.

Assuming that the seller is a genuine person, not a scammer, this is a €3000 watch.
where is the downside ?

The peculiar date is not something scammers usually do - just 'fixit' watchmakers.

@BrunoCodispoti tread carefully and make sure you know the seller - the price is 'too good to be true'
If they check out, then you have found an absolute steal and shouldn't think twice about acquiring this watch IMHO
 
Posts
261
Likes
195
Assuming that the seller is a genuine person, not a scammer, this is a €3000 watch.
where is the downside ?

The peculiar date is not something scammers usually do - just 'fixit' watchmakers.

@BrunoCodispoti tread carefully and make sure you know the seller - the price is 'too good to be true'
If they check out, then you have found an absolute steal and shouldn't think twice about acquiring this watch IMHO

I'm not saying it's a scammer, but the sort of person who would make this kind of ridiculous alteration to a watch surely isn't a serious and reliable person. I would not be surprised if it turns out this watch has some serious issues.

I've been through this kind of thing before and it's better to run away from these sorts of red flags.
 
Posts
282
Likes
1,092
This watch is advertised for 4250 CHF on eBay. It's too expensive. It takes five seconds to reverse image search and check things like this.

Regarding the previous discussion on price - suggesting any vintage watch isn't worth purchasing for 1/3rd of its value because the date wheel has been changed is absurd and not good advice.


 
Posts
889
Likes
1,225
Looking at the bright side, at least you know there is an issue with the date wheel. If the seller had put another date, maybe this would have been missed!

Thread carefully especially is this is a private seller. Ask for references or so… people selling these have usually sold more watches…
 
Posts
6,762
Likes
10,418
This watch is advertised for 4250 CHF on eBay. It's too expensive.

Regarding the previous discussion on price - suggesting any vintage watch isn't worth purchasing for 1/3rd of its value because the date wheel has been changed is absurd and not good advice.



That is a whole different ball game.
Yes, it’s much much too expensive.


So, @BrunoCodispoti why did you think you could get it for 1000?
 
Posts
889
Likes
1,225
This watch is advertised for 4250 CHF on eBay. It's too expensive. It takes five seconds to reverse image search and check things like this.

Regarding the previous discussion on price - suggesting any vintage watch isn't worth purchasing for 1/3rd of its value because the date wheel has been changed is absurd and not good advice.


If you manage this get this from 4200 to 1000, then please teach us your techniques!😉
 
Posts
3,577
Likes
13,519
That is a whole different ball game.
Yes, it’s much much too expensive.


So, @BrunoCodispoti why did you think you could get it for 1000?

I think that might have merely been his response to the statement "My offer is: nothing".

Completely agree with every word @Peemacgee said here otherwise, there's nothing to add really.