Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Apollo-Soyuz: The hidden truths

1. MaiLollo Dec 29, 2017

Why does it matter ? It has been obviously put together, and with incorrect parts. Are you hoping it's a 39m serial number?

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  2. tyrantlizardrex Dec 29, 2017

NAIL ON HEAD. :thumbsup:

I wonder if there would be so much effort/rage/ego involved if these watches were worth £500?

Outsiders observation, but the level of nonsense in these type of threads seems to directly correlate to how much the owner thinks they might get if their watch is "genuine".

First the never ending "Grail" threads from a certain poster, and now this, at 15 pages.

The Squirrel was wrong, it's not Speedmasters that cause this kind of weird, it's high values, and people thinking they're going to get rich.

::facepalm1::

3. Apollo-Soyuz Dec 29, 2017

I hope nothing, simple curiosity

4. TsoloT Dec 29, 2017

The man has got it right velocity of argument varies in direct proportions to the value of the watch ...how much are these worth ?

Apollo-Soyuz likes this.
  5. tyrantlizardrex Dec 29, 2017

Actual value x hype = eleventybillion dollars.

Paedipod and TsoloT like this.
  6. TsoloT Dec 29, 2017

Well at least that makes sense

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  7. Apollo-Soyuz Dec 29, 2017

You do well to ask yourself this question, it's pure logic!

I can answer this question for myself and for a few others.

- All this great effort and time for a matter of principle.

- The anger for NOT having received from Omega the answers that would have cleared up this story forever.

- The disappointment of knowing after years that my A-S clock was not included in the correct range. The joke is that only 15 years ago Omega decided to give this news and not at the time of purchase.

And above all ... I have never talked about money

The sale of this watch is not able to change anyone's life and as a result, if I have time and will, I will continue on my way ... but my Pre-Apollo-Soyuz will come with me.

Since we are discussing watches and this, until proven otherwise, is a forum of Omega watches, I do not understand what the absurdities are!

if you are able to answer our / my doubts and questions (or absurdity as you say), I kindly ask you to share with us the information you have, so we would close this discussion forever.

Thank you

8. tyrantlizardrex Dec 29, 2017

The absurdity is that you appear to have no facts, but lots of theories.

And that you repeat yourself. A lot.

9. tyrantlizardrex Dec 29, 2017

“A matter of principal”... you have the watch, if you like it, and it’s not for sale, then it doesn’t matter.

Scarecrow Boat and bags1971 like this.
  10. Apollo-Soyuz Dec 29, 2017

on one thing you have absolutely right;
    I repeat myself but
    If you look at the various posts, some saied me the same questions and I answered ...

however I take it as a compliment ...
    I prefer to always say the same thing instead of changing version to each post...

TsoloT likes this.
  11. Apollo-Soyuz Dec 29, 2017

upload_2017-12-29_19-48-7.png

I also noticed another thing in this image; the descriptive card. This indicates two dates or better, two years of production; 1975 and 1976
    the experts say that the production of Apollo-Soyuz watches began in mid-1976, but this descriptive card also indicates 1975.

upload_2017-12-29_19-48-59.png

why?

Also Mr. Brandon (Omega Museum) confirmed that production began at the end of 1975.

this is a further confirmation that there is a production of Apollo-Soyuz that anticipates the official one and that the movements of this series are of the year 1975

I apologize to @TsoloT if I have posted a photo of him without asking permission...

TsoloT likes this.
  12. CTS-V Dec 29, 2017

Hey team.....just showed up to this thread....we ready to do this?!?!?!

drhex, heypacha, lwong and 3 others like this.
  13. TheGreatKat Jan 14, 2023

Finally I got through this tread. Really crazy stories here. Im searching for more as it stoped suddenly so maybe can find something more on the forum. Didnt know its so deep topic.

befobe and pdxleaf like this.
  14. pdxleaf Often mistaken for AI... Jan 14, 2023

Crystal clear now? :D

15. TheGreatKat Jan 14, 2023

Hahah, of course!

16. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jan 15, 2023

@TheGreatKat ... if you do decide to subscibe to a membership, the perfect avatar tagline for you can be 'Threadcrofiliac' ::bleh::

TheGreatKat likes this.
  17. TheGreatKat Jan 15, 2023

Haha, good one! But right, I love all that historic threads. Its so much fun (but in many cases knowledge as well)!

hansaboy, pdxleaf and eugeneandresson like this.
  18. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jan 15, 2023

It’s all good … you are resurrecting good threads… this is place is a treasure trove if one knows how to search and has the time to sift through the noise :thumbsup:

hansaboy and pdxleaf like this.
  19. pdxleaf Often mistaken for AI... Jan 15, 2023

As long as you don't give into the green eyed monster of envy when seeing these amazing specimens from an earlier day. ::shy::