Forums Latest Members

And ... the eighth day eBay created an Omega Apollo-Soyuz ...

1. Apollo-Soyuz Jul 9, 2018

for those interested ... a few days ago this announcement appeared

https://www.ebay.it/itm/Omega-Speed...466340?hash=item25fba1ab64:g:DrwAAOSwjVxbPj4aPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Dial, casebacks, bracelet, finals it's OK

last month I noticed on ebay the same box with accessories ...

in 10 years of research I had never seen an Apollo Soyuz with such a low serial ...

this auction, however, will be useful to understand if the market accepts or refuses this anomalous clock and above all it is the first Pre-Apollo-Soyuz that is offered to the public in total naturalness

let's see how it will end

austinrap and Lucasssssss like this.
  2. BenBagbag Jul 9, 2018

Here we go again... ::facepalm1::

Foo2rama, hanky6 and Archer like this.
  3. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Jul 9, 2018

you can't please everyone...
    End quote

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jul 9, 2018

What the ::censored:: does this mean?

I think what you are saying is, will some sucker buy it regardless of the evidence of this being a total frankenwatch, out of total desperation?

Please correct me if I am wrong.
    gatorcpa

5. smitty190373 Jul 9, 2018

30m serial...so it's even outside the outside range.

With the new parts and no extract it's already past what i'd pay...currently 25 bids to £7.5k

MaiLollo likes this.
  6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 9, 2018

A classic example of a movement, dial, bracelet, end links and case not matching age of each other. ::facepalm2::

Foo2rama and smitty190373 like this.
  7. Apollo-Soyuz Jul 9, 2018

As for the Apollo-Soyuz watches out of reach, in the past everything has always been said ... no need to remember this ...
    I simply say that at some point it was almost a shame to have an AS out range, even if I had bought it in person at an OMEGA dealer and now there is someone who is willing to spend 7/8k to buy it ... weird , it's not true?
    and I would like to add that the most interesting thing is not to judge the buyer or seller, but to understand the value of an OMEGA watch (in fact) not recognized by the parent company!

who will win?
    the market, created by the collectors or the hidden truths of OMEGA

Gruesome likes this.
  8. kov Trüffelschwein. Jul 9, 2018

I can recall an italian deal selling a Soyuz dial alone for 16k€ on C24. Was about 6 months ago.

This one is still below the price of that dial :)

igloe likes this.
  9. MaiLollo Jul 9, 2018

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't "in the range" Soyuz's selling for over 40k€? If it is the case, then let's wait & see the final price.
    And by the way, I'm not sure an auction like this will prove anything, as the prices can very easily be "influenced" (shill bidding, etc.)

10. Wivac Terribly special Jul 9, 2018

::popcorn::

11. merchandiser Jul 9, 2018

a·nom·a·lous
    əˈnämələs/
    adjective
    1. deviating from what is standard, normal, or expected.
      "an anomalous situation"
      synonyms: abnormal, atypical, irregular, aberrant, exceptional, freak, freakish, odd, bizarre, peculiar, unusual, out of the ordinary

I wasn't sure that anomalous was a real word so I looked it up::book::

In all seriousness, it's quickly moved up to 10,100 GBP with 6 days to go. This one's going to be interesting!

12. Apollo-Soyuz Jul 9, 2018

quite right!
    but we are already out of budget ...

upload_2018-7-9_17-8-55.jpeg

upload_2018-7-9_17-13-53.png

13. Apollo-Soyuz Jul 9, 2018

You are completely right; almost always in auctions the prices are influenced by external factors but in this specific case the market is proving to go further ... it does not want to know the reason of the irregularities of this Apollo Soyuz and does not even want to know why OMEGA can not explain the existence of these N A-S out of range watches ... simply the market wants this watch ... nothing more

14. ulackfocus Jul 9, 2018

:rolleyes: ::popcorn::

15. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 9, 2018

So when the extract comes back delivered to somewhere other then Italy and not an AS. Are you going to claim it’s a special one off for another market?

hanky6 likes this.
  16. MaiLollo Jul 9, 2018

Yes but first, let's see how much it goes for. If a dial alone sold for 16k€ then the whole watch should go for 20k€ at least. So since it's sitting at 10£ now, it doesn't tell us much.
    Plus, the buyer could be an inexperienced fellow that could regret his acquisition dearly...

17. Professor Jul 9, 2018

"What the ::censored:: does this mean?" Translation "I sing the body electric".

merchandiser likes this.
  18. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 9, 2018

Don’t confuse asking price with an actual sales price.

19. Apollo-Soyuz Jul 9, 2018

for this specific watch I agree with you ... it is likely that this is the result of a reconstruction ... but with original spare Omega parts ... but in this specific case we are not betting on the authenticity or otherwise of this clock because I would say that anyway this AS watch is always better than the one on display at the Omega museum ...;)
    upload_2018-7-9_19-1-18.png

let's pause for a moment to look and reflect on what will trigger the outcome of this auction ...
    in my opinion many things, among the most important:
    my research and discussions with OMEGA are no longer useful and in most cases it is the market that decides the value and in this case tramples the manufacturer's statements ...

20. MaiLollo Jul 9, 2018

Yeah but when you don't have a way to find the sales price out, you can assume that sales price and list price weren't so far off (especially such a rare item)