Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Apollo-Soyuz: The hidden truths

1. repoman Dec 27, 2017

The watch on the right is owned by Omega, it is part of their museum collection.

Jean-Claude Monachan

SpeedyPhill likes this.
  2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 27, 2017

Not by me...:)

I also have no skin in this particular game, but if I was and was considering a purchase the first thing I would do is get a new extract...

3. Apollo-Soyuz Dec 27, 2017

I did not neglect this concept.
    Years ago, Omega added details in Extract d Archive because they were suggested by the owners themselves, then, over the years, OMEGA has understood (late) that probably the best thing to do was to confirm only the things mentioned in their archives ...
    the director of the Omega Museum had confirmed to me that there was no register concerning the progressive numbers engraved on the Apollo-Soyuz caseback ...

but I think that in this forum there are people much more prepared than me on the Extract d'Archive that will clarify your doubts.

4. Apollo-Soyuz Dec 27, 2017

thank you very much for your help

5. Apollo-Soyuz Dec 27, 2017

I am speechless ...
    the most anomalous Apollo-Soyuz in the world and clearly different from all the other Omega-Apollo Soyuz belongs to the Vice President Omega?

it's a joke!

upload_2017-12-27_21-56-53.png

do you remember the 1992 film "A Few Good Men"?
    ... when Tom Cruise asks Jack Nicholson if he was the one to "order the red code"?

the assassination of President Kennedy is nothing compared to the unresolved case of the Apollo-Soyuz clocks ... excuse me but I try to laugh at it

6. tyrantlizardrex Dec 27, 2017

We're on the same page :thumbsup:

7. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Dec 27, 2017

So the only thing I can be sure about regarding these watches is that the one at the Omega museum is clearly different from all the others shown in this rather enlightening thread. It's obviously a prototype.

Riviera Paradise and hanky6 like this.
  8. TsoloT Dec 27, 2017

I have seen this watch it is currently in the museum in the Omega boutique in Vienna
    The back is the standard inscription on all the 145.022 ...it is not a Soyuz ...it’s a regular late 70s watch with a service bezel and a Soyuz Dial on a leather strap as indicated in the picture ...not sure it’s meant to be a Soyuz although the description indicates it is

9. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Dec 27, 2017

But it's a totally different dial, can't you see that?

hanky6 likes this.
  10. tyrantlizardrex Dec 27, 2017

Missing the Ts and the markers look different. :whistling:

11. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Dec 27, 2017

Sorry, but I thought it was common knowledge that the Apollo -Soyuz dial had the long hour markers. I'm disappointed that the Omega museum can't afford a real one.

12. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Dec 27, 2017

Maybe they just haven't managed to snag a decent one yet. They're not the easiest reference to find.

13. Apollo-Soyuz Dec 28, 2017

sorry, but the dial is not Apollo-Soyuz has obviously been customized (in bad way) to become it, why show the public a fake so obvious?

Omega has always attributed to the Maison DeMarchi a blame for the A-S out-of-range. and now we discover by chance this watch, not only belongs to Omega, but that is shown to the public at major events ... for me this is not a demonstration of consistency

14. Apollo-Soyuz Dec 28, 2017

OK, maybe they have not yet managed to get a decent one, but...
    the point is not this, if for years OMEGA said that the Maison DeMarchi has created unauthorized watches, Omega owners exhibit this monster in Milan, Paris, Geneva and Los Angeles and no one has asked questions...
    Boh!?

15. BenBagbag Dec 28, 2017

I really don't think you should be getting so hung up on this. You don't think omega knows that it doesn't look like the original (the missing tritium is a dead giveaway)? As people pointed out before they probably wanted to highlight the AS and didn't have a proper vintage example. No big deal.

16. lowen Moonwatch Only Author Dec 28, 2017

Again, it's just a demo sample for boutique events where 99,9% of the people don't even know the difference between tritium and luminova (and that is normal). Where's the problem here?

17. tyrantlizardrex Dec 28, 2017

At the boutique events I’ve been to, most people seem to only really care whether their champagne is kept topped up... the watches are by-the-by. :whistling:

18. Apollo-Soyuz Dec 28, 2017

in my opinion not everyone thinks of Champagne but in this case I do not understand why exposing a watch that is a son of anyone.

this is not an A-S watch!

If inside this clock there was a movement between 39.180.xxx and 39.181.xxx it could be the living proof that not only ASs exist with out-of-range movements but there are also watch AS with correct movements but everything else counterfeit , and in this case it is Omega herself who shows it to everyone.

... it is very likely that if someone in Omega, reading these considerations, wanted to invent any logical explanation NOW we could also believe it but the problem would remain:

Given that Omega has been asked several times by individuals, collectors and fans around the world and all asked for an explanation about the anomalous Apollo-Soyuz watches.

If this is the premise, why would Omega have ever had to expose this monster to his events and above all why insert it carefully together with those watches considered among the rarest in the world?

right, because everyone thinks about champagne...

maybe because I was not at the Los Angeles event that I do not think that's

19. Riviera Paradise Dec 28, 2017

Wow, I thought in London / Europe you would have a more enlightened crowd at your events. Here in Rio the events are fun but woefully poor for any relevant exchange on watches. The hilarious thing is that I have been considered an "expert" with the local OB crowd, which as many of you in the OF know is an absolute joke as I don't have 0.01% of the watch know-how expertise of many here on the OF.

Interesting thread on the Soyuz...reminds me of the discussions I used to see in Railway Modeling magazines about whether the LMS Stanier Class 5 locomotive from a certain year had a sloping throatplate boiler:)

I know no one is asking this but personally I would much prefer a meteorite Soyuz LE over an Italian made Apollo-Soyuz::bleh:::D

Edited Dec 28, 2017
  20. BenBagbag Dec 28, 2017

I'm getting the impression that you're going to be oppositional to any suggestion or explanation about anything.

I understand that you're passionate but it's time to let it go and pick your battles.