Omega 3861 -- intermittent loud "tink" noise every 30 seconds

I have a 2021 Speedy with 3861. It's never been abused and has never been serviced. I noticed recently there is an intermittent single loud tick about ever 30 seconds or so (but can be more frequent.). When the single loud tick occurs, it sounds like a tap on piece of plastic. Any idea what this issue could be?

I will add that I am hearing this intermittent noise when the chronograph is not engaged. Is this a known issue with the 3861?

Somebody else has recently reported here on the forum, a very similar thing with theirs in the last couple of weeks or so.
So you're not alone:(

Like 1
Somebody else has recently reported here on the forum, a very similar thing with theirs in the last couple of weeks or so.

Very interesting! Has a cause been determined?

I did a forum search and couldn't find the thread about the loud single tick issue. Could you point me to the thread? Thanks!! :)

How is the accuracy and funtioning of the watch? If it's within spec I wouldn't worry about it.

How is the accuracy and funtioning of the watch? If it's within spec I wouldn't worry about it.

The accuracy seems ok. I did some further observation. The intermittent noise is in addition to the normal ticking. As I mentioned, it makes the noise when the chronograph isn't running. Well it does it when the Chrono is running too. I started the Chrono and it made the noise 4 times in the first minute...

Thank your lucky stars it’s not a valjoux 7730

Like 2
Thank your lucky stars it’s not a valjoux 7730
My V7730 is coming up to 54 years in my hands and makes no funny noises, just the normal loud tick that can set off a search for a crocodile that swallowed a clock. What is the problem?

Like 5
@bigtriangle68

This clearly has you bugged. Is it covered by an Omega warranty, or aftermarket? If it is dealer, then post haste, take it to the dealer and have it checked out.

Like 1
@bigtriangle68

This clearly has you bugged. Is it covered by an Omega warranty, or aftermarket? If it is dealer, then post haste, take it to the dealer and have it checked out.

It's covered under warranty. And I'm happy to take it in although I'm envisioning it being in an Omega Service Center for months...

Nevertheless, I'd like to understand if this is a **known issue** with the 3861 and what causes it, hence why I started this thread...
Edited:

My V7730 is coming up to 54 years in my hands and makes no funny noises, just the normal loud tick that can set off a search for a crocodile that swallowed a clock. What is the problem?

That’s what I’m saying (tongue in cheek). If the OP is concerned about loud noises from the movement, avoid a valjoux as they are amazing movements but sound like a train!
When putting my kids to bed if I’m wearing a Camaro it sounds like the beating of the Tell Tale Heart!

Like 4
That’s what I’m saying (tongue in cheek). If the OP is concerned about loud noises from the movement, avoid a valjoux as they are amazing movements but sound like a train!
When putting my kids to bed if I’m wearing a Camaro it sounds like the beating of the Tell Tale Heart!

For clarity, I'm not concerned about normal ticking noise. I'm talking about an unusual, intermittent one second event that sounds sort of like tapping your fingernail on a hesalite crystal.

For reference, I can have the watch a foot away from me on a desk and while I can't hear regular ticking from that distance, I can hear the errant, intermittent one-second noise event. The sound anomaly is much louder than the regular ticking of a 3891.

Is this somehow related to the other problem noted with the 3861?

I suspected the thread referenced was mine....which was the 1861, rather then the 3861, and whilst its a loud click, not noticeable unless listening for it, and certainly not audible from a distance.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/speedmaster-losing-time-all-of-a-sudden.166720/

Mine was running about -7 seconds a day from about +1, but seems to have resolved itself to -2-3spd based against internet time source, which I'm happy with.

No resolution about the click, happens more when fully wound and placed dial up.

Like 1
@Archer - hi, any thoughts on what this might be in the 3861?

In summary:

-- It's an intermittent single event and occurs irregardless if the Chrono is engaged
--sounds like a fingernail tap on hesalite
--the noise is louder than ticking and can be heard a foot away
--can occur a couple of times per minute of several times per minute
--the watch seems to remain accurate
--watch has never been dropped or abused