New OF Bug Report Thread

May I ask here: the small likes in the contribution/ answer can not explained (for me as newbie and there are a LOT of smilies now!!!) by placing the curser on it?
The ones beneath do.
Any chance of a change?
merci , Jo

and: why is it (IMO) not possible to search the sales-section by e.g. make or model?

and: why is it (IMO) not possible to search the sales-section by e.g. make or model?
You can do that with the advanced search function

Screenshot_20240928_104730_Chrome.jpg

And I found another way - thx!

my concern was this:

filter.jpg
Edited:

And I found another way - thx!
I know you asked how to get there before you updated your comment that you found it, but I’ll answer your original question should someone else struggle to get there as well…

There are two ways to get to advanced search:

1. Click the Forums drop down > Advanced Search
IMG_3114.jpeg

2. Click the Magnifying glass > Advanced Search
IMG_3109.jpeg

Once in Advanced Search, navigate to Search Threads
IMG_3110.jpeg
Scroll down to the Search in Forums drop down > select Private Watch Sales (or any specific forum you want to search in
IMG_3112.jpeg
If you search in a sales forum, you can filter by Prefixes: FS, FSOT, WTT, Sold and so on. The new search tool is very powerful now.

OK thx !! ; I did it the other way: opened the sales section first, then I tried it from this view by "search" in the headline - w.o. success.

OK thx !! ; I did it the other way: opened the sales section first, then I tried it from this view by "search" in the headline - w.o. success.
We've made the UI for search constraints more obvious on tablets/desktops now too:
1727730270765.png

Not sure if this has been asked already but gifs don’t show up as active. If I click the image, it opens in another window then it becomes active. I have checked my phone settings (iPhone) and they are all good.

Not sure if this has been asked already but gifs don’t show up as active. If I click the image, it opens in another window then it becomes active. I have checked my phone settings (iPhone) and they are all good.
It seems like if an image is dragged to the editor (or pasted into it), the animation is preserved, but using "attach files" it's not.

It seems like if an image is dragged to the editor (or pasted into it), the animation is preserved, but using "attach files" it's not.

Yours worked, mine didn’t

1727743497896.gif

When I drag the gif into the reply frame it's animated and it also appears below in the insert file box.
When I save/reply, both images are now static.
Macbook Pro, Sonoma, Safari.

I was using animated webp's too, not gifs.

Anyhow, It's likely something happening on the image processing/optimization side after uploads. Probably not high priority for fixing. We have the ability to fully support services like Giphy in the editor, but decided that's not something we wanted to enable.

I don’t know what everyone else is doing, but using the attach files option works for me 🤪

giphy.gif

I don’t know what everyone else is doing, but using the attach files option works for me 🤪

giphy.gif
Are you on desktop or mobile? How are you bringing them in and then are you inserting and saving or what? I tried both save to pics and then upload and copy and paste and same dead gif unless you click it.

Your gif works fine btw- I see other’s active gif so if you are also using Mac mobile it’s may be something in my process.

Please note, all feature updates will be moved to a new thread. This thread will now be used exclusively for bug reports.

To be honest, we try to discourage most animated images and meme stuff posted outside of jokes/casual type threads. It can end up creating a lot of unnecessary clutter on forums. It's the same reason we don't have user signatures on posts. 😀