New member - My new Dynamic fell off it’s strap and is damaged. Help needed

B413C196-4F23-41F7-AAAA-19E7DEA50141.jpeg EB8535DF-596A-4E8E-A12D-887C0F262B94.jpeg
Hello all, new member and first post. Unfortunately not a positive one. Recently purchased this mechanic wind Dynamic which was in near perfect condition on it’s original glass, strap and dial( I think, not an expert) Think it is a 1969? I am now heartbroken as the face managed to work itself loose and fell to the floor whilst I was wearing. I now wish I had checked prior to wearing but didn’t think to, new to these watches. I am beyond gutted. I would like to replace the glass with an original Omega item, one with the tiny logo in the centre(as is on the watch) I also need to replace the crown as this was lost, again with an original to retain the watch’s originality as best as is possible. Not sure I’d any other parts are missing? I have pictured all items. Does anybody know what part numbers I need? Sizes? Links? Retailers? Approx cost. All help and advice will be greatly appreciated. Best regards,Matthew

It’s fixable crystals are cheap crowns are around, I’m sure it will be fine after service from a good independent watchmaker with an Omega parts account

Thank you for the reply. I’ll see if I can find a local watchmaker with an Omega account. Long shot, but could anybody recommend somebody in the North West of England?

Are you saying the caseback ring came apart and whole case dropped?

Where did the crown go? Looks like the stem is missing also.

DON

Are you saying the caseback ring came apart and whole case dropped?

Where did the crown go? Looks like the stem is missing also.

DON

Two piece stem, so it likely just popped apart.

Welcome @Mookin , sorry this happened. Was it the retaining ring on the back of the case which holds the strap that was loose?

All is fixable, but as said, you need to verify that the watchmaker has a parts account to get the correct parts. And as the watch is 50+ years old, it should have a service anyway.
Bracelets for these pop up on auction sites occasionally which also look very smart on them.

Hello all, thanks for your replies. Yes it was the retaining ring on the back that had worked loose and the whole case came away. Both parts of the crown have been lost.

I have found a well respected local watchmaker who can repair but I want an original Omega plexiglass replacement with the etched logo(he only has non genuine after market)

anybody know the correct part number? I have seen a few on ebay but not sure they will fit.

Or has anybody any ideas where I could source a genuine part?(Omega UK want me to send in to repair themselves but could do without the hassle or too end prices)

I just need to source a genuine Omega Dynamic Plexiglass.

Any web links or a part number would be very much appreciated.

Thanks again all.

Matthew