Forums Latest Members
  1. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Dec 6, 2019

Also:

Longbow, Vale21 and Riviera Paradise like this.
  2. McBeardy Dec 6, 2019

I for one love it and could happily see this as my first Omega purchase. Already own a BB58 which is my daily wear with a nod to vintage Subs. This ticks a lot of boxes, I'll even forgive the HE valve and hands. Price is the killer and if Limited or not.

I personally think it looks better than the Spectre version (not a fan of straight lugs). Lyre lugs and the scallop bezel are what make the 300 SMP (& HEV) and make it stand out in a sea of sheep dive looking watches IMHO.

Other than that have been toying with the last gen SMPc in blue and having sword hands fitted.

Edited Dec 6, 2019
  3. Tristanp Dec 6, 2019

Yep, nearly picked up the LHD one for £2300 in duty-free, regret not doing it now

rominvicta and stuart70 like this.
  4. stuart70 Dec 6, 2019

You would have a great watch plus £5k to spend

5. Owlsu Dec 6, 2019

It would be Rolex money assuming you could actually buy any desirable Rolex for that amount of money. I'm sure a huge amount of people are going to lean more towards the Omega (or any Omega) and a diver in particular (probably the most popular style of watch) than an IWC dress watch as well.

6. Riviera Paradise Dec 6, 2019

No seller's remorse on the 45th, are you sure? You don't miss slowly turning the dial and seeing the laser engraving "light up"? Or the gorgeous grey in direct sunlight? :D
    20160227_103120.jpg

Just joking, happy to see you have decided to purchase this Bond watch, which I believe is the nicest looking variant of the new Seamaster divers (so far). Looking forward to seeing your photos in Q3 2020.:thumbsup::)

7. Riviera Paradise Dec 6, 2019

Interesting post. I would have thought that the BB58 would fill a similar slot in a watch collection, offering a vintage diver look with the gilt dial. 100% agree that the SMP stands out from the diver crowd with a very unique design.

8. McBeardy Dec 6, 2019

In all honesty I feel the 007 SMP looks more vintage than the BB58. The faux lume on the BB58 isn't that heavy (more ecru/ off white) whilst the gilt dial to me seems more luxurious than the sometimes cold silver dials.

I guess they are similar, and the fact I also like the Oris 65 & aged looking Speedies. I must just like the vintage look, even my Pam 560 has aged straps! haha

9. Modernism Dec 6, 2019

Oh OK, I'll say it then.... Would these posts all be on the same positive notes if it wasn't a watch being worn by Bond?
    I just don't get all the love in the room. Sorry

stuart70 likes this.
  10. Wooden_spoon Dec 6, 2019

I am not a fan of the Bond tie-in. As much as I love JB movies IMO the marketing is a little trite.

but I will admit, it’s a cool watch. Even though it’s pure marketing, the broad arrow is kinda cool. Maybe that makes me a hypocrite!

11. Bugbait Dec 6, 2019

Is the bracelet also titanium? I would expect so given the case is. I don't think Omega have ever mixed metals in a factory configuration. If so then this would go a long way towards justifying (in relative luxury watch pricing terms anyway) the bracelet cost uplift in price.

Edited Dec 6, 2019
  12. Bernardino Dec 6, 2019

thought the colour is brown?!?!

13. Traveler Dec 6, 2019

Yes it’s also titanium

14. MalaMD Dec 6, 2019

Wasn't sure at first but this is really starting to grow on me.

15. Vale21 Dec 6, 2019

Looking is really nice, price is a bit high unfortunately and I think it is the way for next Omega that will come out in the coming month

16. stevec14 Dec 6, 2019

I like the look of it. The only bit I’m not sure on is the bracelet. Looks a bit aftermarket to me and I’m never a fan of gaps between case and bracelet. If I was going to get it I’d do do on nato and source the black rubber which I assume would fit this too.

generally, I’m a fan however. I like the fact it’s an aluminium bezel and a non shiny dial. I do think the price is a bit toppy though.

17. Al22 Dec 6, 2019

I like it a lot. Will definitely have a look at it. I really like that the watch is not polished and shiny.

That's still an issue with my Seamaster 300 trilogy. Maybe I will get this one instead. We will see

18. scapa Dec 6, 2019

Excellent revisions -- thanks for taking the time.

I like second rendering best, but I think that on balance I prefer the scalloped bezel on this Bond, since that bezel is so much a part of the reborn SMP's identity. And while I can do without the HEV, I've found that I actually like the way it balances the crown on my SMPmc black wave and again it seems part of the current design language, for good or bad.

I feel like the simple switch to titanium and the de-blinging that switch in materials brings makes a huge difference to the watch in terms of its more aggressive and tool-like gestalt. Makes me wish that the stock models were a little less shiny, but that's part of their beauty as well.

Tristanp likes this.
  19. abrod520 Dec 6, 2019

He's right, the BB58 doesn't really have much of a vintage look beyond the case dimensions. The gold looks like gold, not like patina. It left me surprisingly cold, especially next to the Seamaster 300 Trilogy.

Riviera Paradise and jsducote like this.
  20. mancio Dec 6, 2019

I think my watch collection is going to lose some piece for financing this monster.....

KeithS likes this.