Forums Latest Members
  1. Dsloan Dec 4, 2019

I think I'm with the concenus: Great design, acceptably minimal presence of 007 branding, ridiculous price.

Also, helium valves are silly. There are what, a few hundred people working as saturation divers around the world? Maybe it was a mandate because Daniel Craig needed a button to push to arm an explosive?

2. queriver Dec 4, 2019

I like the watch very much including the mesh bracelet, but won't be buying it based on price.

Also, what's gnawing at me is whether Omega putting a military arrow on the dial and a faux mil serial number on the caseback is in some way a bit disrespectful to genuine military watches and servicemen. Be interested to know whether this has crossed the minds of OFers who have served.

3. gcole Dec 4, 2019

Needs sword hands, especially with that color lume

sjg22 and duc like this.
  4. stuart70 Dec 4, 2019

I don’t think I will be rushing out to trade my 2531.80 in.

5. lightspire Dec 4, 2019

I wonder why replace ceramic with an aluminum bezel and dial?

JesterP and Wetworks like this.
  6. JET007 Dec 4, 2019

I would’ve thought ceramic’s durability would complement the titanium more, but I still love the overall design of the watch! It’s shocking to me that it costs double what my SMPc did back in 2017, even with it being master chronometer and titanium.

lightspire likes this.
  7. Bushido Dec 4, 2019

I have been thinking the same thing. Aesthetics aside, it feels to me like Omega is asking a premium price for a watch while cost cutting on materials (ceramic vs aluminum and grade 2 Ti vs grade 5).

KstateSkier and lightspire like this.
  8. Geezer Dec 4, 2019

I like it, but agree the price is ridiculous. Great to see a no-date watch though.

sjg22 likes this.
  9. Meme-Dweller Dec 4, 2019

> trying to apply logic in the luxury domain

hopefully, everyone else agrees with you so the gray market price tanks and I can snatch it up for the same price as the current SMPc +$1000 due to the Ti (like how the PO is priced on the secondary market)

lightspire likes this.
  10. sjg22 Dec 4, 2019

I’ve owned multiple 300Ms - currently love my 2254. That said, I think this is my favourite design.

But not at that price.

KstateSkier likes this.
  11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 4, 2019

I like this a lot, the nerd details are being paid attention to which is really cool.

12. dinexus Dec 4, 2019

Now what I’ve gotta know is if they got the MOD’s blessing on this one in any capacity, considering stuff with the arrow is supposed to be considered property of the Ministry of Defense.

Love it tho. Gonna wait for the Time to Move / Basel news, as I’m not sure it’s the one for me, but it’s certainly cool as hell.

13. efthi Dec 4, 2019

I like the design too much, no date as well but price is really high..

Just a thought no one seems to have mentioned, I don’t think a full titanium watch can have a real vintage appeal.. do you agree? I like the watch and would wait to see it in person, prices will Skyfall (you see what I did there, lolol) since it’s not a limited piece which is a good thing for more people to own and enjoy!

rominvicta likes this.
  14. lightspire Dec 4, 2019

Exactly - not that long ago liquid metal & ceramic were major new features for Omega and they could have brushed the ceramic to have an effect similar to the bezel on the Tudor Pelagos.

I don't get Omega's decision to downgrade: Is it for the sake of faux-vintage? Is it so they will age and fade the same? Is it to make the watch lighter? Is it make collectors ask esoteric questions? Wait a second... ::confused2::

15. rominvicta Dec 4, 2019

Overall it is a fantastic watch. The only thing I would have changed is the bezel with a matt ceramic one!
    I could not grasp the idea, whats the association with Dr No? Why didn’t they put at the end 20, like associating it with No Time To Die, instead of that 62 leaving a trace to first Bond movie? Do they want to say this would be the last one?

16. speedy_fan Dec 4, 2019

I saw the price and it was madness. Crazy premium and no ceramic bezel. I passed

Edited Dec 4, 2019
  17. Poppydog Dec 4, 2019

The more I look at it the more I like it (on the Nato) but the more I question the price. I'm not particularly into Ti watches, but if that were a 'thing' for me, then the Pelagos is much better value at around half the price.

rafabond likes this.
  18. EatMan Dec 4, 2019

I have not posted here in ages, but this watch brought me back. It’s gorgeous. I am genuinely tempted even at this inflated price. I like everything about it. The Milanese strap with the folding clasp— yes! Faux vintage look that will actually age (aluminum)— double yes!

I am back drooling over Omegas. The last watch that really got me going was a Snoopy and I stupidly sold it. This one is a winner in my view.

19. mancio Dec 5, 2019

According to AD it will limited availability. So don’t count that much in high production number.

Anyway, I put my self on a list. I want to see the watch on the wrist before selling my soul and an organs.

20. mblease Dec 5, 2019

In every article I’ve read online since the release it’s been mentioned that it’s not limited. Seems weird that your AD thinks otherwise.