New and would like some help

I decided I want to buy my first watch for my 40th birthday. I been looking for a 1960s early 1970s omega. I’ve been looking online and I’m having a hard time figuring out what I should be looking for. If there any places I should look to buy or any listing you think is a fair deal. If you could let me know

I would recommend shopping the two for sale forums on this site. Some of the best watches and prices you’ll find. Not to mention the knowledge.

60s/70s Omega is too broad, we have no idea what you want, you need to be more specific. Dress watch, sport watch, dive watch, chronograph, etc.? Spend some time learning about the different models and references and styles to learn what you like. If you're sure you want an Omega, this forum has an enormous archive of photos in various threads, you can just look and learn. Once you have that narrowed down based on your own preferences, decide on a budget, and then we can help you.

I’ll send your official OF beanie cap as soon as you post an avatar.

Welcome

There are way too many models so you need to answer these three questions:
1/ What’s your budget?
2/ When is your birthday? Assuming you want the watch for it.
3/ What style do you like? Which brand do you want (assuming Omega?)

Buying vintage watches in a hurry is usually a recipe for disaster.

If you don’t know what you want, suggest you go on chrono24, search for Omega with filter on date 1960-70s and have a look at the style you like.

Don’t buy straightaway if you find one you like, vintage watches can be a minefield. Post a few pictures here or on a new thread and share a bit of research on the model.

Perhaps people can then guide you better to find a good example to mark the event.

I’ll send your official OF beanie cap as soon as you post an avatar.

Welcome
I want one! I want one!!!::psy::