Forums Latest Members
  1. abrosz Oct 14, 2019

I recently purchased a 2020 Tokyo Speedmaster Panda Dial. It comes with the sapphire crystal, which as everyone knows simply doesn't have the character of the domed hesalite crystal. Can the sapphire crystal be removed and replaced with a hesalite crystal? Would doing so adversely affect the resale value of the watch in the future? Just looking for a consensus opinion or recommendation on this. Thanks in advance!

2. Pun Oct 14, 2019

No I don’t think so. I also would not touch the watch to change anything in it. It will simply ruin its beauty and value both. If you don’t like it, just sell it and by a hesalite Moonwatch.

3. IanES Oct 14, 2019

So you want to turn a perfectly good watch into a 'Frankenwatch'

4. BatDad Oct 14, 2019

Echo the above - I wouldnt use that particular ref as a base for a mod...

You could get very far with a base 145.022 and if you can source one, a Mitsu dial and hands

5. CoDiffe Oct 14, 2019

Don't change it. Sell it and buy what you're wanting.

6. abrosz Oct 14, 2019

Yep, kinda what I thought the opinions would be. Appreciate the input. Will leave it as is. Thanks!

Pun likes this.
  7. padders Oooo subtitles! Oct 14, 2019

There are practical roadblocks as well as ethical ones. The sapphire dial case is physically different to that which takes the Hesalite. There are those that claim to have bodged something for the similar FOIS, that is swapping out the sapphire for a Hesa crystal but it has not been shown to be a reliable or water resistant mod. I just wouldn't go there.

Edited Oct 14, 2019
  8. jaguar11 Oct 14, 2019

Just buy another watch that ticks all you boxed otherwise your hankering will eat away at you....

9. Tommaso Volpe Oct 15, 2019

Hello everyone,

I am now to this forum as I want to start my Omega collection and I need some help :)

I would like to buy a Costellation 167.005 year 1963, but I am not sure if the price is ok (around 1,500Euro) and if the crown is the original one

I trust the retailer when he says that it is Omega original, but maybe it is not from this exact model? I have seen plenty of pictures of the same watch with the hexagonal crown, which I think it fits more with the rest of the design, so it looks more it own part

Can you please help me (also about the price)?
    Thank you
    T

IMG_8402.jpg
  10. WYO_Watch Oct 15, 2019

Haha @Tommaso Volpe didn’t someone say to start your own thread just a few minutes ago?

This is at least a better spot to ask vs. the recommended ebay watches