My 2021 3861 Speedy Hesalite - Photo Heavy

This is the new sapphire next to the new plexi:

the milk makes it easy to tell which-is-which.

Here are the crystal profiles of the 1861 plexi, SS cal.321B, and 1861 sapphire (Tokyo):

And this is the new 3861 sapphire:

And here is a photo from Fratello of the 3861 sapphire:

All in all: if anything changed about the 3861 sapphire itself or the rehaut, gasket, etc., it did not do away with the milky ring (whether it “reduced” the milk compared to 1861 will require someone having both watches to get some honest comparisons - but based on the candid photos above, I’m not sure it’s worth a lot of exploration).

Thanks for the pics. It does seem like each watch still has it’s own distinctive look.

Thanks for the pics. It does seem like each watch still has it’s own distinctive look.

I think they do. Honestly, I think the argument could be for either.

Really I like both. I bought mine since the other was not available but I was happy to save some cash.

Plastic crystal and steel caseback was an easy call for me.
And even though I hemmed and hawed a bit when my OB called, I can still say that buying this watch was a no-brainer for me. I think Omega did an excellent job on the revamped off-the-rack moon watch, and I love everything about it.

Cheers,
-GW

Nice writeup. I experienced a 3861 recently and was also impressed with the details, step dial and overall finish.

I’m used to a bracelet with less taper - so I’ll have to revisit the watch at a later date. I will say I was smitten with the watch head. A future purchase for certain.

I keep hearing about the new 3861 movement but I haven't really seen any first hand owners talk about the accuracy of it. My last generation moonwatch runs about +10/day fast. I know the new Metas chronometer certification is 0/+5 per day. Can anyone tell me how their new 3861 movement is keeping time? Thanks.

Picked mine up 9 days ago and it's basically spot on +1s/d.

... Can anyone tell me how their new 3861 movement is keeping time? Thanks.

Picked mine up 9 days ago and it's basically spot on +1s/d.
Excellent. I love my 3861 but the accuracy does get annoying. Thank you.

I keep hearing about the new 3861 movement but I haven't really seen any first hand owners talk about the accuracy of it. My last generation moonwatch runs about +10/day fast. I know the new Metas chronometer certification is 0/+5 per day. Can anyone tell me how their new 3861 movement is keeping time? Thanks.
I picked mine up a couple of weeks ago and it is less than +1 seconds total over those two entire weeks

I picked mine up a couple of weeks ago and it is less than +1 seconds total over those two entire weeks
Excellent to hear. Thank you.

I mentioned in another thread: mine is +5 seconds total over a week.
That is a pretty damn remarkable. I figured it would be good, but that is excellent. Thank you

I believe that your last generation moonwatch can do much, much better than that!

I believe that your last generation moonwatch can do much, much better than that!
Oh I’m sure it can. I’ve heard people say they get +1 or +2 s/day. I need to see if my AD can regulate it.

I’m still undecided on which to get but leaning towards sapphire so I can see that movement and also have piece of mind without the crystal scratching. I’m sure fine scratches accumulated on the hesalite will just make the watch more of a source of anxiety rather than joy.

Just watched a review on YouTube where the guy scratched his crystal just before the review reaching behind a table to plug in something. That would drive me crazy.

I’m still undecided on which to get but leaning towards sapphire so I can see that movement and also have piece of mind without the crystal scratching. I’m sure fine scratches accumulated on the hesalite will just make the watch more of a source of anxiety rather than joy.

Just watched a review on YouTube where the guy scratched his crystal just before the review reaching behind a table to plug in something. That would drive me crazy.

I review on the hesalite 3861 or a 1861 (not that it matters. It's the same crystal).

There is a great YouTube video that broke down the positives of the 3861 sapphire and hesalite.

I didn't have a choice but if I did I don't know what I'd pick. If you are worried about scratches then go sapphire. I'm very very worried about scratches but I'm still happy with the sapphire.

Let me also say this. If you scratch sapphire there is very little you can do to fix it compared to the hesalite.

So hesalite is warm and no distortion. Brushed bracelet.
Sapphire is more flashy with applied logo and polished links

I have scratched hesalite before. It’s super easy to polish out with some polywatch. It’s like 3.00 a tube on Amazon and after a minute or two of light rubbing it’s like brand new. If you scratch sapphire it’s a 1000 to replace it. Nothing can be done for scratches on sapphire.

+10 is still great and nothing to be concerned with as long as it's consistent. Certainly within specs👍

Yeah, mine was about +5 when new but it settled down to about +3 quite quickly.
So I'll take that any day.

I wonder if I'll be that fortunate if I ever pick up a 3861👎

I have scratched hesalite before. It’s super easy to polish out with some polywatch. It’s like 3.00 a tube on Amazon and after a minute or two of light rubbing it’s like brand new. If you scratch sapphire it’s a 1000 to replace it. Nothing can be done for scratches on sapphire.

Well.... you can polish sapphire. You can use Dimond paste that's corse going to a more fine Dimond paste.
This is mostly done on penerais.

That said, yes you will just need to have it replaced and the cost is not fun.

Does anyone know if the back of the cases are interchangeable between hesalite and sapphire? It would be great if they were now that the movements are decorated exactly the same. I know on the previous version they were not.