Misaligned date Omega refuses to fix

I bought blue Constalation Globemaster from my AD and I really love the watch. There is just one thing that really bothers me. When I was buying it two digit number was set as date on the watch. Couple of days after using it a realized that when there is one digit number the date is not perfectly centered (as photographed for the advertising) but little misaligned) I mean it might just be me but I can’t unsee it. I brought it back to AD and they took photos and sent them to Omega Geneva and indeed they said it is not perfectly in the center. But they also told me it is expected since the watch was built by humans and that it is just a small misaligned it doesn’t qualify as a mistake and therefore they will not be fixing it. I mean as my first luxury watch purchase it didn’t occur to me this is something I should be aware of and should check. It especially bothers me since all the promotion materials feature “8” in the center. I will leave the photos here so you can tell me it I am seeing thing or what but hey, it least you know in the future what to look for when buying Omega. I have to say I was little disappointed.

It looks off center to the left of the center line. It would bother me. Is it just the 8, or every single digit? I think Omega should fix it.

It looks off center to the left of the center line. It would bother me. Is it just the 8, or every single digit? I think Omega should fix it.
Well It is most notable on 8 since 8 is symmetrical. The two digit ones are not so obvious but I think the whole disk is shifted. They told me that it is impossible to have all digits perfectly centered, that some has to be shifted. Something about mechanics and stuff ‍♂️. But I mean, they game me the watch back and said, the watch is fine. Its like, what can I do? I am thinywhen I have it serviced in the future I will tell them, but until then ‍♂️. I can’t do it myself and they told me they will not do it for me

Your AD is pulling your chain. Bring the watch to an official Omega Boutique (not an Authorized Dealer) with your warranty card and have them send it in. Every serious dealer will just send it to the Service Center then contact you with a quote, even if it's covered by warranty. Omega does not diagnose QC issues by pictures emailed to Geneva, and tell you to piss off after.

I didn't know Omega had a diagnostic service centre in Geneva.
I always thought it was Biel/Bienne.

I agree with @Meme-Dweller.

The tolerance for vertical alignment with the date window at 3 o’clock is the the gap between the digit and the edge of the date window can be 1/3 on top/bottom and 2/3 on the opposite, and still be within tolerance.

If you were to apply this to the side to side alignment in your photo, I think it would be within tolerance.

The two digit ones are not so obvious but I think the whole disk is shifted. They told me that it is impossible to have all digits perfectly centered, that some has to be shifted.
Maybe you should check this comprehensively by taking a photo of every date. I would have thought they would all be shifted/centered similarly.

The tolerance for vertical alignment with the date window at 3 o’clock is the the gap between the digit and the edge of the date window can be 1/3 on top/bottom and 2/3 on the opposite, and still be within tolerance.

If you were to apply this to the side to side alignment in your photo, I think it would be within tolerance.
Yeah that is what they told me. It is within a tolerance. But like, if you buying watch this expensive you just don’t want something incorrect but within a tolerance. I would ask for different pieces knowing this prior the payment. But after you pay they will tell you its fine, it’s within a tolerance.

That's literally what 'tolerance' means.

Keep trying though, and maybe Omega will take care of it.

No, at this point I will just ask in the future when it is time to service my watch. I guess the difference is that my definition of tolerance is different then theirs on $8K watch. I these things don’t bother you good for you but maybe someone buying center date in the future will have an idea what to inspect before completing they purchase ‍♂️

It surely may be within tolerances, but it's very disturbing to the eye!
Especially when your favorite brand is upgrading almost all its models with the "bottom" date window, for "symmetrical purposes"...

On several occasions in the past, Patek Philippe watches with faults have been discussed. Imagine! A $30,000.00 plus watch with a fault! What is this world coming to?

Vertical alignment is way less noticeable then the horizontal alignment issue the OP is seeing though.

Vertical alignment is way less noticeable then the horizontal alignment issue the OP is seeing though.

I'm simply relaying what Omega's tolerance is...

On several occasions in the past, Patek Philippe watches with faults have been discussed. Imagine! A $30,000.00 plus watch with a fault! What is this world coming to?
I mean look, i know it can not be “perfect” I just wish the dealer would be more caring about my satisfaction. They obviously have pieces that are centered since they display them in every ad.

Based on a number of similar previous threads, it seems that many buyers are unhappy with Omega's tolerances WRT date wheels, bezels, tiny marks on dials, etc. Or maybe not so many, but those people are disproportionately likely to open an OF account to let us know about it.

Based on a number of similar previous threads, it seems that many buyers are unhappy with Omega's tolerances WRT date wheels, bezels, tiny marks on dials, etc. Or maybe not so many, but those people are disproportionately likely to open an OF account to let us know about it.
This is not Omega tech support?

oh man I totally misunderstood the point of this forum.

I'm simply relaying what Omega's tolerance is...

Al, is realigning the date wheel something that a competent watchmaker can do? Is it difficult or does it have to remain as is?

Al, is realigning the date wheel something that a competent watchmaker can do? Is it difficult or does it have to remain as is?

Generally speaking, there's no adjustment in terms of where the date ends up on the movement so it's not like you can turn a screw or move a lever and it will align the date.

These issues are typically of 2 types - the date is not fully changing or is overshooting, or there's an issue with the dial.

The dial can either be misaligned (far more likely) or it wasn't manufactured properly.