Forums Latest Members
  1. Teamjlf May 15, 2018

Yes the micro adjustable clasp 154 has no 007 logo and it will fit straight up on your 212.30.41.20.01.003

I recently had mine arrive at the AD and fitted by them on my SMPc. It took a bit of fiddling around with removing and adding links to each side of bracelet to make sure clasp was centred but it worked out perfect. The neutral position is now in the middle of the adjustment range on clasp which worked out brilliantly as it now offers me adjustment either way for winter or summer size differences.

Watch fits perfect now all the time with easy adjustment on the go. Magic !

Time2WatchOut, BrianMcKay and Neyra like this.
  2. Neyra May 15, 2018

Great thanks!!

3. Neyra May 17, 2018

I ordered the clasp yesterday. I’m going to get it fitted at the Omega dealer. 3 weeks before it’s in.

4. starcraft Sep 14, 2018

Here is a youtube video about it. And the author lists the part no, which is the same as the photo above.

Omega seamaster micro adjustment clasp

Thrasher36, vinny and BrianMcKay like this.
  5. Steve Essex Sep 14, 2018

I used the 4666 clasp on mine. Near on the same size as original and has more than enough adjustment for my needs. £47 from an AD and I fitted it myself. Came with new pins and end screws.
    B6B6A4E4-23AA-44BF-A748-1D3B8976FFD9.jpeg FCF7F89C-5E01-4FB7-9FD2-558AF08BD4D8.jpeg ACFEEE6F-8007-4B31-9D92-988400E4A039.jpeg

vinny, BrianMcKay and chickenman26 like this.
  6. chickenman26 Nov 12, 2018

Thanks for that, Steve. I just purchased the Seamaster 300 GMT Chrono, and I already had to remove a bunch of links for the fit I like. The 1154 clasp would require even more be removed, so it's nice to know the 4666 provides adequate adjustment.

7. eresaru Nov 17, 2018

Does anyone know if it is possible to use the micro adjust clasp on the Seamaster 300 GMT (ref 2534.50.00)? If so, what are the part number I will need to ask for? The current bracelet it is on is the push pin type and is 20mm all around, with no taper. The reference typed on it is 1513/825.

I have read the thread and it looks like I can use all three clasps mentioned (117STZ001154, 117STZ001159, 117STZ003191) plus the smaller one (117STZ004666), but I will need the screw type links. Is that correct?

From another forum I got the following, albeit for a 2254. Can I assume they are very close/similar/same:
    End links: 0118ST1589 (x2)
    Pins: 0128ST0166 (x2)
    Screws: 0124ST3307 (x4)

Edited Nov 17, 2018
  8. mistexbs Feb 3, 2019

Hello all,

I'm Ben, new here to OF, but wanted to give back to this thread that made it possible for me to add the expanding clasp to my X-33 gen 2 bracelet. Heck, without this thread I would have never even have known Omega offered such a clasp!

So, a write-up of my experience with adding an expanding clasp to my X-33 bracelet.

I went with the stainless clasp and clasp links: I consider my watch a (nice) tool watch, and am not worried about the minor aesthetics differences between SS and Ti. And I must admit, price came into play here too :)

Also, I purchased all my parts from Topper in late Jan 2019. This may be of relevance as you'll see a bit further on in my writings.

The X-33 bracelet is 20mm at the lugs and 18mm at the clasp (and of typical Speedy Pro design). Therefore I went with part number "117STZ004666" for the clasp. This stainless clasp is meant for a 20mm bracelet width at the clasp; it looks great on my 18mm bracelet IMHO. Doesn't hang over the sides in any significant manner, just looks like it belongs there.

Something to note, and may be related to the source of the parts and/or it being 2019 when the parts were ordered: The clasp came with two pins and 4 screws. In the past I believe the clasp came with no pins or screws. That was my assumption when I ordered my parts, at least.

For clasp links, I ordered two of part # "118ST1589". Both of these clasp links shipped with two pins and 4 screws. It was my understanding the clasp links each shipped with only 1 pin and 2 screws.

Also, these clasp links are 18mm wide, and so attach to my bracelet precisely.

Using a proper push pin and brass hammer, I removed the pin-and-sleeve link connectors on both of my original clasp links. I then attached each new clasp link to the ends of my bracelet using 1 screw; putting the pin thru from the other side; then put the other screw in on the side I put the pin in. I used a Bergeron screwdriver #160, the purple-marked one. With sharp tip, the screwdriver fit the screws with zero play or slop. Also, I used clear nail polish as my "thread locker", putting a dab on the threads as I got the screw almost screwed down. That should give just a bit of hold between the screw heads and the links, and be easy enough to break the screw free should I need to.

Then, using the same method of attaching the clasp links I attached those links to the clasp ends proper. Worked like a champ, and all parts were now successfully installed.

A word on bracelet length and the new clasp: I like to wear my bracelets so the watch does not flop around at all when worn. Basically no slack whatsoever. With that in mind, I removed a full-size link from my bracelet before attaching the clasp. This left me with 2 full-size links on one end, and 1 full-size link + 1 half-link on the other.

After I got it all together and tried it on, I discovered two things. First, the bracelet had too much slop (read, any at all) for my preference when the clasp adjustment was all the way in. So the half-link was pulled out, and the bracelet now fits at the middle adjustment point just fine in moderate household temperatures. And outside, where it's currently 34°F and snowing, the watch fits fine with the adjustment pulled all the way in.

The second thing I discovered was that, having now just an odd number (3) full-length links to work with, the clasp centered up better with there being 2 links on the side that slides out of the clasp when extended, and the remaining single full-size link on the static side of the clasp.

This type of link arrangement should translate to any situation where you have an odd number of links. Just put 1 more link on the clasp end that extends as compared to the static end.

Also, for those who like a little more slack in their bracelet fit, I strongly recommend the swap of a full-size length with a half link. This same advice has been given before and that was why I left my half link in initially. But again, I like my bracelets snug, so the half link had to also go.

Oh, and a word on all the parts I ordered. In addition to the clasp and clasp links, I ordered 2 more pins and 4 more screws. According to what I had read in the thread, these extra parts were required because of how many pins and screws (or lack thereof) shipped with each piece. However, as of this writing all 3 pieces came with more pins and screws than they had in the past. As a result I had 2 pins and 4 screws left over from just the three parts alone; add in the additional pins and screws I bought, and I ended up with 4 extra pins and 8 extra screws. Good to have spare parts, tho! :)

And that's my write-up. Hope this will be of help to others that try this same modification to their watch. Thanks for reading! And take care.

-Ben

WurstEver and Steve Essex like this.
  9. Thrasher36 Feb 4, 2019

This is a fantastic thread, I found several threads like this on the forum but this had the most information, I remember in the beginning some very negative individual told me unequivocally that what I wanted to do couldn't be done, well I did it on three different Omegas so far and got the Boutique to help me. Thank You all for continuing on. Modding a watch is not difficult and if it pleases you do it! There are a lot of talented people out there and some real renegades but Its one hell of a hobby!

nzshadow, mistexbs and WurstEver like this.
  10. mistexbs Feb 6, 2019

This time I'm changing the clasp on a 15-yr-old Ti SeMP, my father's. I went with the same clasp (# 117STZ004666) as the one I used on my X-33, as my father's wrist has shrunk with age and the original SeMP clasp is just too large now. And the clasp again came with two pins and 4 screws.

For clasp links I ordered two of # 118ST1515. However, unlike the links I ordered for my X-33 (each came with 2 pins and 4 screws), these each only came with one pin and two screws. Why the difference I do not know. But please note there is a difference between these two clasp links.

Everything else worked out fine, same procedure followed as for my X-33. Waiting for the nail polish to dry as I type this :)

Again, hope this helps others in the future. Take care!

-Ben

omega-seamaster-300-m-chronometer-22318000-l(2).png

My Dad's Ti SeMP, as it looked 15 years ago :)

Photo taken from Omega's official website (sorry, don't have a proper link...)

KingCrouchy and fskywalker like this.
  11. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Aug 3, 2019

Stopped in recently to my local boutique (first visit since we moved here) to pick up two micro-adjust clasps I had ordered for a Speedmaster bracelet conversion. The technician offered to install them both for me. He commented that the clasps weren’t correct for the bracelet, but he thought they’d work fine - as we already know. Wasn’t expecting them to offer to install, so I had only the watch I was wearing (G4), which he did straight away. He also cleaned the bracelet and installed a new pair of spring bars on the house. Having now worn it a while, I must say it is a significant upgrade to the regular clasp & will be especially appreciated in these hot summer months.

As a further pleasant surprise, one of the sales reps knew quite a bit about vintage Omega, and was wearing 145.012, so we had a nice chat while I waited for the tech to swap the clasps. There were a couple of copies of Moonwatch Only and AJTT on the shelf and available to browse, but not to buy.

As I was leaving, the other rep hooked me up with the latest lifestyle mag, and said to bring the other watch by and they’d install the clasp on that one too. Nice - and well done Omega on this visit, :thumbsup:

3CBFBA0B-9FC5-40B7-AD55-100ED86AB947.jpeg

Mrs. Darlinboy ::love:: was with me and also enjoyed the visit, though it may cost me later. :eek: I must say, the dial color on this one was striking in person.
    3B0823B2-43BC-440B-8F80-27D3804516AD.jpeg

ahartfie and Taddyangle like this.
  12. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Nov 25, 2019

Current price $235.

Tom

13. larryganz The cable guy Nov 25, 2019

Hi there,

I have the Ti 1151 clasp, but am still at a loss as to the Titanium equivalent of the 118ST1589 links (and pins and screws) for my 3rd Gen X-33 bracelet. The Ti bracelet is the same size and style as the Speedy bracelet, just not in steel.

For instance, I am using the 1154 clasp and 118ST1589 links on my Speedmaster Pro 3570.50, and the X-33 bracelet looks the same except for the materials used (the 1189 links also work with a 1610/930 bracelet for a 2254.50, and on the 42mm Planet Ocean 2500 2201.50 bracelet - been there done that). I just can't find the Titanium parts numbers.

So, does anyone know the part numbers for the Titanium links to connect the Titanium 1151 clasp to a Speedmaster style bracelet, with the corresponding pins and screws?

I do NOT wish to use the steel 1589 links with it's pins and screws for my Ti clasp.

THANKS!
    219701-af15bc4cadac86a90882b85883f7d4d1.jpg

savio.79, fskywalker and 10mmauto like this.
  14. Tony Nov 27, 2019

After reading through several of these threads, am I correct in understanding that Omega doesn't make a micro adjusting clasp that will fit my 2551.80 mid-size Seamaster (bracelet reads "1502/824") that doesn't hang over the edges of the bracelet?

15. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Nov 27, 2019

That is correct, it probably will on that bracelet. That said, it's not a lot.

Tom

16. FatherTime Dec 18, 2019

Please forgive me for digging up this old thread. I am interested in performing this exact mod (1154 clasp on the 1502/824 bracelet of my 2551.80 Seamaster). Could anyone provide me with part numbers for the 18 mm end links and pins that I would need? Thanks a bunch in advance!

17. FatherTime Dec 18, 2019

Already got my answers! In case anyone is interested:

"Basically to adapt the old design 1501-823 / 1502-824 bracelets to accept the latest micro adjustable clasp you need 2x118st1516 clasp links, however the 1154 & 1159 micro adjustable clasps don't include the screws and pins. You will therefore need to purchase the 117stz001154 or 117stz001159 diver clasp and an extra 4x3307 screws + 2x0166 pins."

Found here: https://www.swisswatchspares.com/pr...eamaster-18mm-1516-steel-clasp-link-118st1516

Sorry again for digging this up while the info was to be found elsewhere...

18. fskywalker Mar 29, 2020

Hi Larry think you probably have found out by now, but the Ti endlinks are either
    118TI1589 or 118TIZ001574 (about $110 each plus tax). Here a picture of the 1589:

D31F8925-E12A-4C4C-90E6-601D3C5ED8CD.jpeg

larryganz likes this.
  19. larryganz The cable guy Apr 4, 2020

Thanks! I had since given up because my omega AD in Denver couldn't find that 118TI1589 in their system last I checked (before they converted to a Rolex boutique), and said I must be mistaken. I'll keep trying for both parts elsewhere.

fskywalker likes this.
  20. Sdiver68 Nov 29, 2020

Raising this thread from the dead. Is this possible for Speedy Reduced 3539.50? 18mm Bracelet 1471/815.

Parts numbers would be awesome.

Thanks!