Just picked up my first Omega. Blue AT with black strap

Good day for me and happy to add an Omega to my humble collection.
AD called me this afternoon regarding a 38mm Aqua Terra that I ordered last month. I was looking for something unique so I put the black strap on the blue dial. It looks great! Blue strap will go on during spring and summer. Maybe.

The 41mm looked nice but not as comfortable. The 38mm, although a bit small, feels great and that was the deciding factor for me.

Quick shout out to Pat and Bonnie at Barmakian Jewelers in Nashua, NH for being so patient. I was very indecisive between the 38mm and 41mm and dial colors but it didn't phase them at all.

Everyone has different opinions, but I reckon 38mm is about perfect. Great watch, wear it in good health!

Great choice, the 38mm AT really is a great size. I’ll have to check out Barmakian in Nashua next time I’m in the area.

Wear it in good health. That watch also looks great with the black alligator strap.

Congrats and welcome to the club.. now you will be on the hunt for that strap monster!

Congrats and welcome to the club.. now you will be on the hunt for that strap monster!

I keep reading that it's hard to find 19mm straps. Any recommendations on where to look?

Really nice. I don't have an AT in my collection, but I keep thinking that I need to add one. Wear it in good health.

I keep reading that it's hard to find 19mm straps. Any recommendations on where to look?

Not sure but if I were in your shoes, I'd aim for an OEM bracelet since you already have a rubber strap.

Not sure but if I were in your shoes, I'd aim for an OEM bracelet since you already have a rubber strap.

OEM, Delugs, Holbens Fine Watchbands. There are many more 19mm options today than even two years ago.

Ducatiti, you seem like a nice guy. I'd be willing to trade this beautiful new Aqua Terra for that used Datejust in your profile pic. :)

Tried the bracelet on at the AD and did not find it to be comfortable at all. Also not a fan of those polished center links.

Ducatiti, you seem like a nice guy. I'd be willing to trade this beautiful new Aqua Terra for that used Datejust in your profile pic. :)

Tried the bracelet on at the AD and did not find it to be comfortable at all. Also not a fan of those polished center links.

Nice AT and wear it in good health!

Not sure if this will work for you but I thought I mention it so that it gives you another option to check it out.

I have the 38.5mm 8500 Skyfall AT and currently wearing it on the PO 39.5mm bracelet. I am not a fan of the butterfly clasp. Also, the old design had a ridge in the middle and made it uncomfortable for me.

The nice thing with the set up is the you will also have an adjustable clasp :)

Nice AT and wear it in good health!

Not sure if this will work for you but I thought I mention it so that it gives you another option to check it out.

I have the 38.5mm 8500 Skyfall AT and currently wearing it on the PO 39.5mm bracelet. I am not a fan of the butterfly clasp. Also, the old design had a ridge in the middle and made it uncomfortable for me.

The nice thing with the set up is the you will also have an adjustable clasp :)
First off, wow that is a great looking timepiece. I love the skyfall.
Second, I think I saw a thread on here discussing a similar set up but can't find it now. Is that a simple plug in and it's good to go? For some reason it seemed more complicated when I read through it. I'd love the idea of an adjustable clasp.

First off, wow that is a great looking timepiece. I love the skyfall.
Second, I think I saw a thread on here discussing a similar set up but can't find it now. Is that a simple plug in and it's good to go? For some reason it seemed more complicated when I read through it. I'd love the idea of an adjustable clasp.

Thanks! It is safe to say that the Skyfall AT will stay in my collection in the years to come.

I think you are referring to this thread:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/adjustable-clasp-for-aqua-terra.107995/

It is simple drop in for my Skyfall AT. I don't have to do anything else. I should caution that I don't know if the holes positions are the same on the new 38mm AT 8800, it might or might not work. If you have a relationship with the AD, it is probably a good idea to ask them if they can check it out for you.

Good luck!