Forums Latest Members
  1. jdowns55 Jul 4, 2015

I currently live in Asia, and have been collecting vintage Seikos since living here. Today, however, I spotted this little Omega for sale at a market for $150 so I picked it up. I think it's from the late 60's. It says 613 on the movement and looks pretty genuine. Any thoughts, info, opinions would be awesome. Thanks!

image.jpg image.jpg
  2. Sgt_Bilko Jul 5, 2015

For a $150 you can't really go wrong. All of the 600 series movements were pretty solid and if you keep it properly maintained I see no reason why it wouldn't give you reliable service for many years or indeed a lifetime. The Geneve is basically an entry level dress watch within the Omega lineup. The only point I would note is that it looks like a redial to me and I note this is particularly common with watches in Asia. I believe it may be due to the humidity levels in some parts. Late 60s sounds about right but it could be early 70s.

3. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jul 5, 2015

Agree. Welcome to the club.

4. Misterred Jul 5, 2015

Nice first Omega you got. I am no expert on this model. But it looks good and for $150 not a lot can go wrong. Welcome to the club!

5. sliceoftime_ Jul 5, 2015

Looks good!