Forums Latest Members
  1. Wxa188 Jan 20, 2020

Hi guys

Been following this forum for a long while and have enjoyed and learnt much on it. Thought I would post a useful first post.

I previously owned a Moonwatch and had bought an adjustable clasp for it because I could never get the right fit. It was brilliant. Due to missing the date window I exchanged it for a 2016 Aqua Terra with day date function. The bracelet, although looking nicer, was such a poor fit. Bought extra half links and played around with the combination, but didn’t get anywhere. It was either too tight or it moved around too much. I have one of those wrists which are larger in the morning and slightly less so in size in the evening.

When I exchanged my watch I kept my adjustable clasp and leather strap/clasp. So i thought I’d look at whether I could change the butterfly clasp over to the adjustable clasp. However, I came across the end links of the adjustable clasp and found them to be narrow. So I looked around, searched forums and couldn’t find the exact end links required. I popped into the local boutique in Birmingham, Uk, who have been very useful in the past, but even they couldn’t help me out! So in the end I had the end links filed by a Jeweler so the bracelet links slot in perfectly!!

The purists may outcast me, but I enjoy wearing the watch so much more now. And personally I think it looks the part too.

thelinendial and fskywalker like this.
  2. Wxa188 Jan 20, 2020

The photos are attached.

D0F0FE95-D9E3-4DDC-941F-96F95BC1AF26.jpeg 2D1D0B01-90AC-4A87-99F7-B1137C118D5A.jpeg
    Caliber561 and fskywalker like this.
  3. funkright Jan 20, 2020

A bit of MacGyver-ing ::stirthepot:: looks pretty good to me. And, better than that, it works for you ;)

giphy.gif
    thelinendial and watch3s like this.
  4. Wxa188 Jan 20, 2020

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

fskywalker likes this.
  5. jeelan Jan 22, 2020

This is interesting...

Would you be able to take post a photo with a clean shot of the clasp (sleeve pulled back) please? i'm just trying to gauge how chunky it makes the bracelet...

thanks
    Jeelan

fskywalker likes this.
  6. Wxa188 Jan 22, 2020

fskywalker likes this.
  7. Wxa188 Jan 22, 2020

fskywalker likes this.
  8. Wxa188 Jan 22, 2020

it is very slightly bigger. We are talking about 1mm on each side.
    It is also very slightly heavier than the original butterfly.
    However, it feels more secure, and sits a lot better and centred

fskywalker and jeelan like this.
  9. jeelan Jan 22, 2020

Thanks for that..

fskywalker likes this.
  10. RARJ Feb 10, 2020

Pretty impressive hack/bodge. My girlfriend has an AT that doesn't quite seem to fit perfect either and this has got me wondering if this is the key.

I've installed the micro adjust clasp on two of my POs and on my Speedy and it's a night and day difference. I'd love to see that clasp fitted to as many bracelets as possible going forward.

fskywalker likes this.
  11. hbombkid Feb 14, 2020

Love it I am not a fan of the AT butterfly clasps. I did this adjustable clasp on my PO 2500 with modding the endlinks.

I was thinking of buying a new bracelet and connect them to the lug end links but maybe I should just trying to remove the clasp and do the mod that way?

fskywalker likes this.
  12. fskywalker Mar 29, 2020

Cool project! What end links did you use for the conversion? I know you said had a jeweler filed them, wonder how much did he had to mill out on each side to make it fit

13. dinexus Mar 30, 2020

Wish this could be done without filing – would never take this watch off otherwise.

fskywalker likes this.
  14. Alex_TA Mar 31, 2020

IMO the current micro adjustment craze is overblown.
    For me, AT clasp is elegant and comfortable.

fskywalker likes this.
  15. Undefeatable Mar 31, 2020

I feel like bracelet adjustment is one of the most important things in a watch. To me, the development of different micro-adjustments is one of more important evolutions of bracelets. I mean, you could say that "for years, we have gone without and been just fine!", but you could have said the same thing about cell phones (obviously, not the same importance level).

I think the Omega AT and a lot of the Grand Seiko bracelets lack this and it shows.

16. brownwld Mar 31, 2020

It is an interesting upgrade, but the clasp is way too big for AT...

17. Al22 Jun 16, 2020

The new Constellation (2020) does have micro-adjustment clasp. Does anybody know if it fits at the Aqua Terra braclet?

18. dchapma1 Feb 14, 2021

But if it is too tight, or two small - or your wrist changes during the day - and it certainly does, the adjustable clasp is far superior to all other clasps. I have it on my Speedmaster Pro Moon, and my SMP 300 Ceramic - and soon I will have it on my new Aqua Terra >15000 gauss model.

fskywalker and Wxa188 like this.
  19. fskywalker Feb 14, 2021

There have been people who had retrofitted the adjustable clasp on the AT bracelwt but it’s not easy to do / requires some parts modifications

20. Rice & Gravy Feb 15, 2021

Let us know how it works out!

I am waiting on a used AT bracelet to arrive and plan to add the clasp to it. Haven't decided which saddle links to use yet. Apparently someone got a direct fit for this, but I haven't been able to get any details on which parts were used.