Forums Latest Members

Picked up my first Omega last night

1. Winrya Feb 3, 2019

Following on from the tread I posted earlier in the week... https://omegaforums.net/threads/first-nice-watch-help-me-decide.88906/.

I went back to the omega shop yesterday and tried them both on again. It was so close between the 2, I would have been happy with both, the wife and the saleman both preferred the 41mm plain face version and once numbers came into it, the 41mm worked out over £1000 cheaper so decision was made.

Now viewing it in natural daylight for the first time I'm stunned by how it looks and really really pleased. I have quite small wrists and in hindsight this also fits me better than the 42mm. I'm finding it hard to adjust from using an Apple Watch for the past 4 years, every time my phone vibrates I find myself looking at my wrist to find just the time:D

Couple of pics

[​IMG]IMG_4687 by win rya, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_4689 by win rya, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_4684 by win rya, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_4681 by win rya, on Flickr

Thanks again for all the support and the wealth of info on this forum

Ryan

sah, Jerseyhammer, mistexbs and 25 others like this.
  2. pianomankd Feb 3, 2019

Beautiful watch. Congrats on the purchase. Wear it in good health!!

Winrya likes this.
  3. BradleyJ. Feb 3, 2019

I really like it! Congrats to the beginning of an expensive addiction.

Winrya likes this.
  4. Eve Feb 3, 2019

I must admit i like it allmost more than the newest model!! Enjoy it! :thumbsup:;)

Winrya likes this.
  5. BradleyJ. Feb 3, 2019

I loved my smart watches (Galaxy S3's) but I realized all I was using it for was time and date. After switching to non smart watches I had the same issue with constantly looking at my wrist when I hear a text go off. I guess i was using them for more than I thought.

Winrya likes this.
  6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 3, 2019

Congrats, nice looking watch.

Bet it’s fun not having to charge it every night.....

Muddlerminnow and Winrya like this.
  7. Winrya Feb 3, 2019

Haha realistically I’ll struggle to wear the omega in the week so my original Apple Watch is my watch to get smashed up at work and keep an eye on messages and emails. I have a Apple Watch 4 which I use for running and previously weekends/evenings and now the seamaster so will have plenty of charging, winding and adjusting each week;) worse problems to have however:D

8. Winrya Feb 3, 2019

I’ve already decided if I were to increase the collection then I’d need a speedmaster moon watch next

drhombus24, BradleyJ. and Ian_km like this.
  9. FlyingSnoopy Feb 3, 2019

Congratulations
    Enjoy it!

Winrya likes this.
  10. ras47 Feb 3, 2019

Congrats! I think you made the ideal choice. I much prefer the solid dial vs. the new wave pattern. This new pattern is too bold and aggressive, to the point that it distracts rather than compliments. The Seamaster is too clean a design to be overpowered by such a bold wave pattern.

Winrya likes this.
  11. Au79 Aluminium Feb 3, 2019

Another congratulations. It looks super on your wrist. I think one of the draws to the mechanical watch is the weight. I personally love the heft and weight of the watch on my wrist which I just don't feel with a smart watch but that's just me. Old school I guess. Have fun with your new watch.

Edited Feb 3, 2019
    Winrya likes this.
  12. Texas Toast Feb 3, 2019

Nice. Nothing like that "New Watch Smell" ;)

Seamaster Pro 300 was my first new Omega buy from a dealer 24 years ago. Happen to be wearing it right now in fact, recently back from a full service and ready for the next 24 years (hopefully true of me too!)

Winrya likes this.
  13. madjestikmoose Can’t bat, can’t bowl Feb 3, 2019

Lovely piece! Welcome to the club ;-)

Winrya likes this.
  14. Jonathan40 Feb 3, 2019

Many congratulations, superb choice for your 1st Omega, Yes i did say 1st because, it can never be just one.
    We all look forward to seeing No 2 very soon.
    And yes it’s ok to have the small polishing cloth in your desk at work to clean it up at least 3 times a day we all do that. :)

Winrya and pault8084 like this.
  15. cjoedaniel Feb 3, 2019

Did you notice much of a difference in the applied indeces from the old vs newer version? Congrats on the new watch.

Winrya likes this.
  16. elmar2001 Feb 3, 2019

Beautiful watch. Congrats to the really cool model revision. I like this Seamaster

Winrya likes this.
  17. fergusm Feb 4, 2019

Gorgeous watch - congrats! I also prefer the 41mm model!

Winrya likes this.
  18. jaguar11 Feb 4, 2019

Spot on!!! Enjoy and wear in good health.

Winrya likes this.
  19. JeremyS Feb 4, 2019

I was one of the folks who recommended the newer model--in part, based on how much you expressed an interest in it. However, there's no arguing that the 2500D version looks absolutely great on you. Also, I've found the 2500D to be an absolutely amazing timekeeper. Congratulations, and wear it in good health.

Winrya likes this.
  20. Winrya Feb 4, 2019

Not on the numbers, they looked very similar. The fact the omega brand is just printed on the new version was a bit disappointing when side by side