Forums Latest Members
  1. bubu16 May 7, 2020

What would you do if you completed the payment 4 days ago for an item and you've gotten no response/communication with the seller since then- despite lots of PM's and a couple of emails.
    I did a research and he seemed to be a decent seller. Guidance anyone? I also saw that he was on the forum yesterday at 7:35 am.
    Thanks community as always.
    Best and I hope everyone is safe and healthy.

2. OmeGez May 7, 2020

I’d give the benefit of the doubt for another 1-2 days, due to the current situation we’re all currently in. Although, it only takes 2 seconds to reply to a message and give a buyer some reassurance...

3. asrnj77 May 7, 2020

You can give them the benefit of the doubt but if the seller has time to read posts on Omegaforums I think they can take a minute to reply to somebody that just sent them money. 4 days is not long to ship/receive a watch but it’s a long time to not get a response once you’ve sent money for an item you haven’t received.

the next question is how did you pay? PayPal or bank wire?

Wryfox, jumpingsecond, duc and 3 others like this.
  4. bags1971 May 7, 2020

I agree with the above wait 1 or 2 days could be a number of reasons

5. Skipper_S May 7, 2020

I would be afraid only if the seller has 201 posts (meaning his 201th post was the "FS........"). ;)
    Give him some time.

People here are trustworthy!
    How you paid? Paypal? Bank transfer?

Edited May 7, 2020
    befobe likes this.
  6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 7, 2020

How’d you pay, from which country to which country.

I have had instances when it’s taken a few days for a bank transfer to go through. Can be less than a day from Aus to say Scotland, but 3 days from Aus to US.

And being on the forum doesn’t mean super active. I check before work sometimes but hardly have time to reply to all PMs

7. pongster May 7, 2020

A lot hinges on what completed payment means. As there is a lag for payment to be credited to seller’s account depending on the mode of payment.

But four days to respond to message does appear to be long. Assuming the message did get to the seller. Depending on mode of communication, the message might not have reached the seller.

Personally, two to three days from confirmation that payment received, i expect some movement and/or feedback.

connieseamaster and pascs like this.
  8. Shabbaz May 7, 2020

4 hours no communication in my world is strange. 4 days no communication in my world would be very worrying. I would be worried.

mayankyadav, befobe, Wryfox and 7 others like this.
  9. Dan S May 7, 2020

I agree that 4 days without a response is inappropriate for a seller. Obviously, there could be legitimate reasons for it (illness, emergency, tech problems), but the OP is right to be concerned.

watch3s, 0uss, duc and 1 other person like this.
  10. Evitzee May 7, 2020

During the money exchange process it is doubly imperative communication be maintained, even if it's just a note saying "still waiting for funds to arrive", a daily update should be expected. Four days with no response is too long, imo, especially if the seller has popped up here on OF.

Edited May 7, 2020
    blufinz52, Wryfox and duc like this.
  11. jaspers May 7, 2020

4 days seems kinda long, barring any mitigating circumstances. I’ve bought more watches than I’ve sold, so as a seller I am well aware of the stress it gives a buyer to wire money to a relative stranger who you trust to keep up their end of the bargain. So as a seller, I’ve gone above and beyond to update the buyer on progress, even when there is little progress. It’s considerate to put the buyer’s mind at ease, and I would hope your seller would do the same. Best of luck!

12. scapa May 7, 2020

This. Shipping/receiving any watch right now is an exercise in frustration and (mandatory) patience, but good communication makes both of those more bearable. I'd be fine with waiting on shipping and then waiting much longer on receipt, but I'm highly motivated as a seller to give updates and assurances and as a buyer to receive same. Hope this works out well.

jaspers and MikiJ like this.
  13. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices May 7, 2020

Key words in any deal: "Good Communication"!

kkt and cristos71 like this.
  14. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. May 7, 2020

Nope ... that’s just weird ...

JohnSteed likes this.
  15. Socks May 7, 2020

Little bit rude on the face of it, if you have pm'ed & emailed and there is evidence he is in the land of the living. Hopefully there is a perfectly good explanation and your fears will be allayed.

16. Socks May 7, 2020

Could you tap up a previous 'customer' from OF references and just check the shipping address is common?

17. new_heuer May 7, 2020

Who's the seller? Perhaps another member knows if they are having troubles at the moment

18. BatDad May 7, 2020

If you look at the sellers OF profile, doesn't it give you an indication of when they were last active? If they've logged on to OF 5mins ago, but haven't responded for 4 days, well let's just say, I think that's a differing situation from someone who hasn't logged on for 4 days..

EDIT - reread OP post - I see they've checked that. But has the seller been active?

19. kpinthebay May 7, 2020

Anything more than a few hours of lag (barring anything unusual - illness, er) while you're engaged with an active buyer is way too long in this day and age. I'm having a little issue myself. Empty promises, but no action.

20. Shabbaz May 7, 2020

A lot of questions but the OP is'nt the fastest as well...:D

DJG2645, pongster, Eve and 3 others like this.