Forums Latest Members

3rd issue with a 7 month old Seamaster

1. Okolichany14 Dec 4, 2021

Found out last night my watch didn’t automatically change the date from the 3rd to the 4th. I changed the time out of the “danger zone” and used the quick set date and it had no problems changing from 3 to 4. However it won’t do it automatically when I move the hands/movement to midnight. It will automatically change the date on any other day except when it is on the 3rd. What should I do? Very disappointed as this is my 3rd issue with this watch and I have had it for 7 months. It is the 2018 Seamaster 300m.

1st issue: arrived from omega with lint under the crystal. Sent it off to get it out.

2nd: clasp pushers got stuck ant the watch was literally stuck on my wrist, I had to get that replaced.

And now this! Love the watch but this is ridiculous.

2A0B0E3C-FB34-44BE-ABF8-FD0474D60C18.jpeg
  2. TDBK Dec 4, 2021

It sucks but the only thing to do is have it serviced again. Silver lining: it's getting all its problems out while still under warranty?

sleepyastronaut and JunkerJorge like this.
  3. Slevin kelevra Dec 4, 2021

Only option is to have it serviced again ? Not true! Surely you should be well within your rights to request a replacement watch. This feels like a Lemmon to me.

How many more issues are you expected to put up with ?

meglos likes this.
  4. SkunkPrince Dec 4, 2021

Not likely, at least in the US. Looks like a defect with the date ring, which was unnoticed and will be replaced.

Sorry that you are the unlucky one, out of tens of thousands of happy people.

Fish70 likes this.
  5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 4, 2021

There is no danger zone for setting on that movement.

Fish70 likes this.
  6. Slevin kelevra Dec 4, 2021

I don’t think it’s wholly unreasonable to speak to the AD and after all the issues you have had, expect them to do what they can to make you a happy customer again. If that means giving you a brand new watch then so be it. It’s not like this model is difficult to get a hold of.

Genuine question for the OP. What happens if you send it away for another service, it comes back and you spot another issue?

Any luxury good purchase is supposed to be a great experience. Your experience seems like anything but.

In any case, good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Syrte likes this.
  7. fendushi Dec 4, 2021

Danger zone for that movement according to the manual is 8pm to 2am.

Sorry to hear about your watch. I had issues too with other brands while others sing their praises. It happens.

8. SkunkPrince Dec 4, 2021

US law does not require the replacement of a watch upon demand. The chances of them doing it are very small. US warranties are full of "repair or replace at our discretion" and that's what you agree to.

Evitzee likes this.
  9. vadimo Dec 6, 2021

Certainly can sympathise with you here, here is my 3 faults story from start to finish New Seamaster and 2 faults in first 6 months | Omega Forums

The first and second time I was pushing really hard Omega to just give me new watch as i explained this is unacceptable for such brand and even tried to get them to extend warranty (successfully) due to such premature faults.

Omega answer was that it would have to break 3 times before service manager can authorize replacement

Edited Dec 6, 2021
  10. PATRICK JP Jun 22, 2022

From watches forums it seems that generally there are a fair amount of issues with all these luxury goods… Was it always the case ?

Tekashi_145.022 and Turpinr like this.
  11. SkunkPrince Jun 22, 2022

It isn't the case now. Few people would come to a forum like this to say, "hey, never had one of these before, it's great!" though we of course welcome those who do.

Motivation to complain is generally higher.

I once wrote a note to a winemaker in which I intended to praise them for how much I loved their wine. Alas, the reply implied they thought I was unhappy with it. You can bet that I replied back that I actually loved it.

Not that I can find it anymore... :(

PATRICK JP, fiberguy and Davidt like this.
  12. Canuck Jun 22, 2022

Suggestion. Set the time ahead 12 hours to the correct time, and the calendar should change at midnight, not at noon! Sounds stupid? I’ve known it to happen!

13. mrmike585 Jun 24, 2022

I’ve had great luck with seamaster so far I’m
    Sorry to hear about your troubles I too would want everything perfect and to my satisfaction

PATRICK JP likes this.