Is this real

Posts
282
Likes
1,092
It is an overpolished redial with holes in the plating, wrong crown/hands.

Is an actual watch dealer offering you that?
 
Posts
4
Likes
0
It is an overpolished redial with holes in the plating, wrong crown/hands.

Is an actual watch dealer offering you that?
Yes.But he denied that it had become radial.
 
Posts
2,598
Likes
2,779
I'm not sure it is a redial, the photo has some awful effects on it (a softening at least?) that is making some of the text look awkward, particularly 'automatic'. BUT I'd avoid that watch for the case condition unless this is at $200-$300, and then only as effectively a parts-movement+.
 
Posts
8,243
Likes
29,115
I'm not sure it is a redial,
A bumper with those top fonts? I think the odds of it not being a redial are extremely long.
 
Posts
2,598
Likes
2,779
A bumper with those top fonts? I think the odds of it not being a redial are extremely long.
I've seen enough of those fonts I think on Bumpers to believe that there are at least some 'late' bumpers with similar fonts? But the filter also makes it difficult to be sure.
 
Posts
8,243
Likes
29,115
I've seen enough of those fonts I think on Bumpers to believe that there are at least some 'late' bumpers with similar fonts?
Perhaps, but could you post one or two examples?
 
Posts
2,598
Likes
2,779
Perhaps, but could you post one or two examples?
I'm on my phone, so can't really search, so going mostly off of memory here (sorry to not be able to show evidence!). I'm not saying it is REAL, I definitely see stuff that I suspect here otherwise, but I'm saying the photograph isn't good enough to make a definitive judgement for me. Its rare in my experience for a painted dial to not be 'obviously' so when looking at minute markers/text/etc, so that is what I'd want a better picture for.
 
Posts
282
Likes
1,092
I'm on my phone, so can't really search, so going mostly off of memory here (sorry to not be able to show evidence!). I'm not saying it is REAL, I definitely see stuff that I suspect here otherwise, but I'm saying the photograph isn't good enough to make a definitive judgement for me. Its rare in my experience for a painted dial to not be 'obviously' so when looking at minute markers/text/etc, so that is what I'd want a better picture for.
Maybe it was just swapped in from a later watch, if so I have been deceived but the watch is indeed still awful!
 
Posts
2,598
Likes
2,779
Maybe it was just swapped in from a later watch, if so I have been deceived but the watch is indeed still awful!
DEFINITELY possible and DEFINITELY true 😀
 
Posts
10,742
Likes
16,729
Photo ain’t great but the lack of Swiss Made makes me very wary. I agree that looks like a later dial than usually seen on a 2577. My money is on redial. The dial is almost an irrelevance though. The cap has broken through on the bottom left lug and perhaps other places meaning the case is toast. This isn’t a thin 20 micron gold plate, it’s thick 100+ micron gold cap and can’t be rectified. Avoid like the plague at any price.
Edited:
 
Posts
3,569
Likes
13,508
There’s no such thing as a sunburst dial in a 2577. There are at least 4 years (I‘d argue even more) between end of production of 2577s and introduction of a dial by Omega with a sunburst effect.

I’ve stopped looking further after that.

Whether the seller is incompetent or malicious, the result is the same: avoid.
 
Posts
4
Likes
0
There’s no such thing as a sunburst dial in a 2577. There are at least 4 years (I‘d argue even more) between end of production of 2577s and introduction of a dial by Omega with a sunburst effect.

I’ve stopped looking further after that.

Whether the seller is incompetent or malicious, the result is the same: avoid.
It is not sunburst.
 
Posts
18,724
Likes
38,868
It is not sunburst.
That's the least of its issues.
If the seller's written description did not disclose the replacement crown/hands and the damage to the gold caped case you should return it.
 
Posts
4
Likes
0
That's the least of its issues.
If the seller's written description did not disclose the replacement crown/hands and the damage to the gold caped case you should return it.
He told me about it
 
Posts
18,724
Likes
38,868
When you buy a watch (or anything) you rely on a written description of the item.
(for examples, see here: https://omegaforums.net/forums/private-watch-sales/)

That description, if truthful, which it should be, will indicate all you need to know about the item.
If you have any doubts or questions, you can ask the seller to clarify.

After that "clarification" I would get the seller to document the full details in the bill of sale.

I wouldn't buy anything from somebody who "told me" what it was.
 
Posts
3,569
Likes
13,508
It is not sunburst.

Look at your own picture above. 3-6 and 9-12 are dark, 12-3 and 6-9 are bright.

It’s ok to doubt my expertise on this 2577 but ask yourself this: Why would you want to purchase a watch with so many flaws (incorrect crown, hands, damaged case) when it’s a very common reference and nice examples can be found with just a tiny bit of patience?

Confirmation bias is a real thing. Be careful.
 
Posts
2,328
Likes
1,452
Sorry to say, but once people ask for advice, ignore and try to defend the very person they’re buying from or the watch. Stop helping.

You’re just shouting at the sky

Let him buy the watch.