Forums Latest Members

In love with two completely different Omegas

1. Turb0wned Jun 26, 2020

But I can't get both. Let's not focus on one being overpriced like many say.

I love the new No time to die SMP. It has grown on me so much and every time I see it in pictures, I want it more.

On the flip side though, i'm also in love with the Speedmaster DSOTM Apollo 8.

Being that not only am I a huge Bond fan, I also love the Space history.

Don't know which to go for.

kelsey likes this.
  2. SkunkPrince Jun 26, 2020

Did you see them in person yet?

3. Turb0wned Jun 26, 2020

I have seen and tried on the Apollo 8 in person last year but wasn't ready to buy. The Bond SMP, I have not yet.

4. Capt Cave Man Jun 26, 2020

I think you will need to find an OB and see them side by side to make a decision, Moonraker or 007 :D

5. Turb0wned Jun 26, 2020

An AD with both in stock at the same time, haha, sounds impossible!

6. Capt Cave Man Jun 26, 2020

One can but try... that's why I suggested an OB rather than an AD if you have one local as they may have both.

I consider myself lucky as I came across a grail purely by accident, the SS A11 50th when querying my AD about the standard Speedy as it had just arrived but the NTTD piece really sings to me also ::love::

Now lock down is easing in the UK, I really need to get my act together and off load some cars to free up some much needed funds for some pieces ::facepalm2::

kelsey likes this.
  7. Turb0wned Jun 26, 2020

yeah I go to the OB and have never seen the bond one.

8. kelsey Jun 26, 2020

Nice taste I like both as well. Already own the Apollo 8 and like you haven’t seen the bond SMP in person.
    I ordered the Apollo 8 unseen, like many and was certainly not disappointed. One of the best bang for buck out there imo as I’d always wanted a ceramic being a speedmaster was a bonus, and this one is a wow speedmaster, I’ll be surprised if it isn’t a cult collectible someday.

Bond I’m guessing is lightweight which I think is excellent in a SMP, also has everything going for it..........
    Oh wait I realize I’m no help here lol I’d be stuck in the same dilemma if I had to choose lol

Stripey likes this.
  9. Turb0wned Jun 26, 2020

Lmao, looks like I’m buying none of them if I can’t decide!

10. SkunkPrince Jun 26, 2020

Clearly you need a 2254.50.00... :D

Donn Chambers likes this.
  11. Gruesome Jun 26, 2020

Is Corona starting to get to us? It seems our thread titles get dangerously close to romance novels gone bad...

Along that line, you should definitely see both of them in person again, but with a strict time limit. Maybe have a friend call you after a set time, lest you make some rash decision. Leave your credit card at home. ;)

Turb0wned likes this.
  12. Turb0wned Jun 26, 2020

I owned it, it was my first Omega, sold it years ago though.

13. kelsey Jun 26, 2020

Either choice I don’t think you’ll ever be disappointed.....coin flip

Turb0wned likes this.
  14. Dedlock Jun 27, 2020

I purchased the Apollo8 and I think its an amazing watch its also quite thin and sits comfortably on the wrist.

The NTD Bond, I tried on recently and left me disappointed. Even though the dial looks great, the bezels felt very dishy and its priced considerably above other seamasters.

You will need to try on both, but the DSOM is my pick.

kelsey likes this.
  15. Stripey Jul 1, 2020

I'm biased, because I have the Apollo 8, but that detail, the skeletonised movement etc. :cool:

16. Porker Jul 2, 2020

DSOTM? Die some other time man!:)

17. Duckie Jul 2, 2020

All things considered I would probably go with the DSOTM.

18. killer67 Jul 2, 2020

Voting DSOTM great presence