Forums Latest Members
  1. rok Mar 23, 2017

I was pining after a speedmaster professional for the longest time but after trying it on and finally coming to terms with the fact that my wrists are damn small my new found love is the Speedmaster Reduced. Not only for it's size, but because it's automatic and just seems perfect for me. Right now my collection is relatively small and I have set aside the funds to purchase a used example. I'm not too concerned with box, etc or even that it's 100% immaculate, I just don't want to get something fake or something that will cause me trouble down the road. I have never bought a used watch so I am not sure where to start. I'd like to stay as close to 1K USD as possible as I'm in Canada and get pounded by the exchange. I also love the panda dialed speedmaster reduced equally to the black dial, with price disparities and availability being the deciding factor. But- where do I buy one. I've been looking at ebay and chrono24 but am not sure how to choose a seller and what the right price to pay for one is. Currently looking at 3510.50s but if the price difference isn't too great I am attracted to the 3539.50 as well. I really don't want to get burned and appreciate any help adding my first pre-owned piece to my collection.

Johnny_H and Screwbacks like this.
  2. mrod3950 Mar 23, 2017

You're right to be concerned. Look at the seller rating, how long they've been a member, return policy, etc. In an ideal world you could get one locally from a retail store that sells pre-owned and certified. In Chicago it's easy. I know there are people you can ask opinions of if you send them a link. Also ask for pics of the movement.

mr_yossarian likes this.
  3. mrod3950 Mar 23, 2017

Here's mine by the way, 1992, Cal 1155. IMG_20170307_195627952.jpg

rok likes this.
  4. Canuck Mar 23, 2017

My Speedmaster reduced sends greetings. Best of luck trying to find one worth owning, considering your target price.

P2156140.JPG

5. rok Mar 23, 2017

Where I live, we really don't have those types of stores. We have one dealer that has a very small selection of new rolex tag and tudor and thats it for trusted watch shops in my area.

6. rok Mar 23, 2017

There are few two tone watches that I like, but that speedmaster definitely is one of them! Beautiful peice. My target is very vague and I have a good amount set aside for the right piece.

mrod3950 likes this.
  7. puro Mar 23, 2017

Hi there - I'm in the same boat as Rok. Got my eye on a Speedmaster Reduced as my 1st step into the world of pre-owned Omega watches. The seller has sent me a couple of pictures and wants U$ 1600 for it. I can go see it in a weeks time, but I thought I'd better run this past some experienced eyes first as I wouldn't want to get a fake one for this sort of $$$… How genuine does this look to you? And how fair does the price sound to you guys? Many thanks

Speedmaster-6.jpg Speedmaster-5.jpg Speedmaster-4.jpg Speedmaster-3.jpg Speedmaster-2.jpg Speedmaster-1.jpg
  8. chows99 Mar 23, 2017

[​IMG]

My speedy reduced saying Hi! I believe 1000 usd too low to get a speedy even though it's affordable. You may need at least a few hundreds more to up your budget.

eenkm likes this.
  9. chows99 Mar 23, 2017

Does it include papers and box? I think the price is a bit steep considering no original bracelet is included. I am thinking of letting go of my speedy reduced at a lower price. PM me if keen.

10. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 23, 2017

shatterstate likes this.
  11. puro Mar 23, 2017

Hi there - thanks for your fast response! It does include the box plus the original bracelet, but no papers. Also, thanks for your offer – your Speedmaster looks amazing. But the seller is around the corner from where I live (I'm based in Brazil) which means no hassle with import, customs, travel and all… But with all the fake watches, bags, sunglasses – you name it – I thought I'd get somebody else to have a look at it before going to see it in the store next week…

12. Shibata Mar 23, 2017

13. rok Mar 23, 2017

Mmm now I'm sort of thinking about the silver bezeled ones...
    Excellent watch! How large is your wrist?
    I have an extremely comfortable amount set aside for this. Budget won't be a huge issue for the right piece. I'd just like to spend a conservative amount considering it's a reduced. From what I gather 1200ish is normal to spend on a decent example? Finding the piece from the right seller is the hard part.

14. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Mar 23, 2017

I'm concerned about the caseback in these pictures, certainly does not seem typical in my opinion

15. puro Mar 23, 2017

16. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Mar 24, 2017

17. eenkm Apr 4, 2017

My Reduced saying Hi too, good luck on your hunting!

IMG_20170326_125502.jpg
    George.A, rollingrevolver and chows99 like this.
  18. Ravineman Apr 4, 2017

I live in Toronto and we have lots of places here selling Speedmasters. I have yet to see one with an asking price less than $ 2,000

19. imagwai Apr 4, 2017

There aren't any credible fakes of the Speedmaster Reduced, but some have had a tough life. Watch out for replacement parts, missing links in bracelets, general dirt and wear, and if you're buying a cheap one, factor in the cost of a service from Omega at some point. The first Speedy Reduced I bought, the chrono hand fell off shortly after unwrapping. Luckily, I'd bought from an eBay seller that refunded me (jmryshi) and I was able to buy another off him (which was fine) at a later point. Many of the cheaper ones originated in Japan, so watch where it's coming from and factor in any import duty. I too, think that $1000 isn't really enough for a decent example. Watches with box and papers cost considerably more, maybe because most don't seem to have them.

Great watches, though - very comfortable wearers, on bracelet or on strap.
    DSCF1994.JPG

20. Badwolf Apr 4, 2017

Great watch, love mine :)

IMG_0030.JPG