How to stop pitting / corrosion? Advise needed

Hey folks,
I got a 2921 Seamaster recently that I merely bought for the bracelet, but wanted to get it cleaned regardless. Well, it wasn’t just dirt this time. This is how it looked:

FC713B78-1FCB-4F4E-89DA-61B38CF84566.jpeg A49A9D52-2313-43A6-B1FB-8726F791C50C.jpeg

And after a cleaning:
BC349E2F-4E87-4868-9407-988D670AD7B6.jpeg 45C9BD49-8893-42AF-89C8-313C15BF75DD.jpeg

Especially the lug is pretty bad, obviously.

Now, I have a rust converter here and can clean the case / caseback ultrasonically. Will that do to stop the rust from digging any further in the case? Any advise beyond that?

By the way: At least the rest of the case is pretty sharp and the caseback apparently held tight. The movement is very clean and runs/winds/sets smoothly, so it’s worth saving, even if it’s just for parts. The watch isn’t close to my heart, but too nice to be given up on and also I’m curious how this is best dealt with.

Appreciate any input. Thanks a lot. :)

I don't think it will get substantially worse if you remove the rust, and keep it dry subsequently. Just try to remove the rust completely, since it is porous and could trap moisture. Something like naval jelly might help dissolve the oxidation, although I suspect that the watchmakers on the forum might have a more watch-specific solution.

This might be sacrilege but you could get the likes of a talented restoration service like rolliworks? Could be overkill but it depends on how far you want to take the restoration.

Rarely would I do something like that myself but it is an option.

"Rust never sleeps", if the corrosion is there already it will most likely come back unless you inhibit it in some form. Maybe a clear lacquer applied to the problem areas? That may be unconventional but I can't think of anything else.

Thats done if the owner lived in a humid climate, a lot of wrist cheese and moisture caught under it.

Or the owner sweat acid (some do)

Micro welding might fill in some sports, but case looks gold cap and any heat near the gold could damage it further

DON