Forums Latest Members
  1. billythekid Apr 18, 2020

hi all. I have a 66 speedie, it runs great and keeps excellent time. but the seconds hand will not reset. I have timed the reserve on the movement and it will run around 55hours on a single, wind. the movement looks to me, very clean. and I do not have any history about the watch, and no idea on its service history. my question is, do I need to have a full service on the watch or have the seconds resit button looked at. I know a little about movements, but not on the chrono movements. any advise would be appreciated. many thanks to all, regards peter

P1010004.JPG P1010005.JPG P1010006.JPG
    Dash1 likes this.
  2. Davidt Apr 18, 2020

If you don’t know the service history I’d send a watch like this in for a full service anyway. Especially so if you’re having any issues with the functions.

A partial service or spot repair is just being cheap in the sort term and building up potentially larger issues in the med-long term.

Edited Apr 18, 2020
  3. billythekid Apr 18, 2020

excellent . thanks davidt, . you have just reassured me. I will send it to simon freese. many thanks regards

Davidt likes this.
  4. Davidt Apr 18, 2020

Great call and it will be well worth the price.

5. billythekid Apr 18, 2020

thanks and yes I know. but as there are problems with the postal service at the moment, ie, post arriving late and not being signed for. I will wait until this plague , is hopefully over.................just playing safe. regards p

Davidt likes this.
  6. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Apr 18, 2020

Pls. Elaborate: which hand does not reset? The centre second hand seems to be fine. You refer to the 12 hour counter hand? If so, does it run, when the Chrono is not engaged? If it just does not reset, have it taken off and line up correctly. If it runs permanently, have the 12 hour counter wheel " brake " adjust. It is under the dial; if that is the case, it is a bit more time consuming. If that is all, that bothers you, you don't need a complete service. Kind regards. Achim

7. billythekid Apr 18, 2020

hi, W Y W,--- Achim.. its the centre seconds, it will not reset and appears to be stuck...thanks for your help and advise....but I feel that its time for a service, as I also believe that it also has the wrong size crown fitted. I know the service can be costly, but thi s will give me reassurance, to hopefully wear the watch, rather than letting it sit in a box ...........reards peter.

watchyouwant likes this.
  8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 18, 2020

It needs a full service...

watchyouwant likes this.
  9. billythekid Apr 18, 2020

thanks archer.. I have numorous vintage omegas that just sit in a box. this ones needs wearing......... and yes it will be serviced. thanks re all the expert advise . and all, of your time.....regards p

watchyouwant and MikiJ like this.