Getting my facts straight on the Speedmaster TinTin

I know there is a VERY long thread all about the TinTin, and have spent time there as well as other places on the internet. I am hoping to get some quick clarifications from the knowledgeable folks here before possibly buying one of these.

1. I understand this was a 2013 release, but I am seeing watches with warranty cards into 2017 and 2018, could these still be legit?
2. Are there aftermarket hacks that put this dial onto a normal Speedy, or is that not something I need to worry about generally speaking?
3. Aside from possibly the date on the warranty card and the serial number, are there any other important things to look at to make sure I am buying the real thing?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Warranty card should have correct refno. and the serial in that matching the case (maybe check with @Archer what the refno comes back with with the serialno)

It was not a popular model (until recently), which is why many sold well after release. In fact, at least one went to Costco via the gray market at a hefty discount and was available in 2018.

I've notice that prices are cooling off quite a bit, and have always loved this watch. I tried one on at Watches and Wonders in Las Vegas about 18 months ago... they were asking $22k, no box or papers, but I thought was insane.

they were asking $22k
For sale right now in the dealer section- $9,925 fully set.

That is one that I am considering.... I think it looks all above board and from a good seller, right?

Out of habit when I visit any Costco I will walk by the jewelry/watch case and hope to find something special, record is 100% FAIL so far.

That is one that I am considering.... I think it looks all above board and from a good seller, right?
I did a trade with Alex five years ago....solid. Don't wait too long, his turnover is quick.

Out of habit when I visit any Costco I will walk by the jewelry/watch case and hope to find something special, record is 100% FAIL so far.
Omega learned their lesson. Now only blinged out ladies quartz constellations and mid-sized PO’s to be sold next to 5 gallon tubs of mayonnaise.

I bought a TIn Tin at Costco and sold it to member here years ago.

Btw, when you get it, the fully brushed 3861 bracelet pairs very well with it.

IMG_6903.jpeg

For sale right now in the dealer section- $9,925 fully set.
Seller is top notch (bought twice from him) and i think this is a decent deal if you want a complete set. Wouldn't wait too long.

Thanks for the quick feedback. I bought the one from Takuya, hope to have it in a day or two.

1727826593227.png

Love it 😀

A couple questions.

1. EDIT: I read that the logo is not aligned at the factory.... So NVMD on this one
1727826614869.png

2. The watch looks like new, but the bracelet has clearly been resized by a brute, evidenced by the screws that are completely munged. Can someone point me to where I might purchase OEM replacement screws for the bracelet?
Edited:

^^^ An OB can order you screws, or an Omega authorized repairer with a parts account can order and install them for you.

PS, did you get the links that were removed?
Edited:

I have 6 removable links, of which I have removed 4. Received it with all the links back in, and nearly all of the screws damaged, some very badly. The bracelet shows no sign of struggle, so I suspect the previous owner had the bracelet taped up and used the wrong kind of screwdriver and way too much force.

So I would be looking for 12 of these little screws. I will reach out to OB, but without a purchase history with them, I am not sure how helpful they will be.

EDIT: So is that the correct number of replaceable links? And also, is there a P/N for the screws? They don't look particularly cheap on ebay

^^^ Prior buying history shouldn't matter, if you need screws they should order them for you. I believe the correct part number is 124ST3307, OB can verify. I suspect the price from the OB will be $8-$10 each.

Congrats on your beautiful Tintin Speedy!
Make the trip to any Omega Boutique and they will be able to help you out.