Forums Latest Members

SOLD Speedmaster TinTin Purchased New from Omega Boutique $7800

1. repoman Oct 19, 2020

Hello OF. I'm offering up for sale a Speedmaster Professional "TinTin" edition, that I purchased new in July 2014 at the San Diego Omega Boutique. This is a complete set as seen in the photograph, including outer and inner box, full size 1958 bracelet in new condition (never worn on bracelet, still has protective sticker on clasp), warranty card, pictogram card with leather sleeve, original sales receipt, and owners manual. The boutique kept the hang tag at time of purchase, I asked if they still have it and they said they do not. This also comes with an Omega Red/Black NATO strap.

I can't quite say I'm the original owner, as I bought this as a gift for my eldest son for his college graduation. Upon gifting it, I made it clear that if he decided down the road he just wasn't a "watch guy" or if he would like the money instead of the watch to help with life's challenges, I would "buy" it back from him, which is how it came back to me after he finished grad school and wanted to pay off student debt and relocate to a new city to start his career. He had worn the watch a few dozen times but never really fell in love with it. He only worn it on the NATO, never the bracelet, which is why the bracelet is still in new condition.

I have a second TinTin which is in my personal collection, so I'm offering this one up for sale (plus I'm at the beginning stage of selling off several watches from my personal collection to fund a LARGE purchase, so stay tuned for more Speedmasters to come). I'm a private collector and watch enthusiast, not a flipper. I'm not a profiteer looking to squeeze out a few hundred extra to make my nut - I work for a living, watches are strictly a hobby. if I sell a watch, its critical to me that the buyer is happy with the purchase and there are no surprises, full disclosure is the key. I am never offended by offers, I will politely accept, counter, or decline.

This watch has been worn, and has signs of wear, but is in very good condition overall. I'm a terrible photographer, but have tried to capture its accurate condition in the images below. The hesalite is pretty much flawless, with only very light swirls from being handled, but no dings or scratches on it at all. The polished lug surfaces of the midcase show typical light surface marks from being worn, there are one or two very small dents, to the naked eye they are hard to see, under magnification they are easier to see. If the buyer wanted to polish these out completely that would be simple to do, but I personally don't believe in polishing watches, ever, so I leave that to the discretion of the new owner. The original caseback sticker is still affixed to the watch, the red wax dot is still there, showing the caseback has not been removed.

The watch is keeping excellent time as it should, there are no mechanical issues with the watch. Winding is smooth, chronograph engages normally, start/stop flawless, reset is crisp and chrono hand returns perfectly to 12 o'clock.

I'm asking $7800 shipped fully insured anywhere in North America. Shipping worldwide is available at buyers expense. I accept just about all forms of payment with bank wire, Paypal (+3% for goods), or Transferwise being proven reliable methods.

I have numerous references here on OF, and other watch forums, and can provide a large number of references upon request. I am available to meet for face-to-face transactions in the Las Vegas area, and possibly the Southern California area as well.

SpeedmasterTinTin-15.jpg SpeedmasterTinTin-2.jpg SpeedmasterTinTin-3.jpg SpeedmasterTinTin-4.jpg SpeedmasterTinTin-8.jpg SpeedmasterTinTin-9.jpg SpeedmasterTinTin-11.jpg SpeedmasterTinTin-10.jpg SpeedmasterTinTin-14.jpg

SpeedmasterTinTin-13.jpg
    Edited Oct 20, 2020
    RMA, WatchTimes, VinceFR and 12 others like this.
  2. Vale21 Oct 20, 2020

Super nice set! GLWS

repoman likes this.
  3. Bille Oct 20, 2020

This is a great watch - it has everything a Speedmaster needs to have. Nice watch and a great story.

This is a very attractive price. But I thought that the box that fits to the original set should be the traditional "wood box" and not this red box - or am I wrong?

repoman likes this.
  4. repoman Oct 20, 2020

Regarding the box, I bought this TinTin very early, July 2014 and at that point they were released in the red leatherette boxes; shortly thereafter (I don't recall exactly when, but my guess is no more than 3-4 months later), Omega switched to the laminated wood box. The boutique actually asked me if I wanted the wood box sometime later but I saw no reason for yet another box, so I said no thanks. So, either box is correct for this reference and depends on when the original purchase was made.

RMA, Taddyangle, JohnSteed and 4 others like this.
  5. Ludi Oct 20, 2020

Red box for the first issued. I have the same set ;)

6. Bille Oct 20, 2020

Thank you for informing me - I didn´t know about the red box. It´s a shame that the watch is located in US and I´m in Denmark - I would like to have bought it. But we have approx. 30% sales tax and import fees.

Good luck with the sale:)

7. Skipper_S Oct 20, 2020

don't sell it! You will regret it :)

repoman likes this.
  8. Zapatta Oct 20, 2020

Amazing watch for amazing price. GLWS:thumbsup:

repoman likes this.
  9. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Oct 20, 2020

Beautiful watch from a great OF member. Why is it still here? I concur regarding the boxes, my first was in red leatherette, the second in wood. GLWS.

repoman likes this.
  10. repoman Oct 22, 2020

On hold pending funds

11. repoman Oct 31, 2020

Sold, thank you OF and the buyer.